Solomun +1 2019

I was there last night and was blown away by Solomuns set, totally my thing and up there with the best I’ve heard in all my ibiza years.
B2B with Dixon was also ace.

Really enjoyed it apart from the amount of letches perving over my wife, she must have gone as far as telling 10 guys she was married and with her husband pointing to me. Some of them still wouldn’t leave it!! Sad state of affairs when rather than confrontation we prefer to move our spot.
We got that a bit at S+1 last year.

This seems to be becoming a thing this season.

Starting to have second thoughts about Cocoon.

IIRC this is something a few people have said about Solomun+1 now unless I have that wrong!? Come to think of it now my friend and I did have a similar experience with a few blokes attempting to speak to our girlfriends but it wasn’t anywhere near the scale @hook mentions above.

IMO it’s more the venue than the event!

To echo @lee111s sentiments above though not something I’ve personally come across at Cocoon before, unless anyone else on here says differently.

I was there last night and was blown away by Solomuns set, totally my thing and up there with the best I’ve heard in all my ibiza years.

Really enjoyed it apart from the amount of letches perving over my wife, she must have gone as far as telling 10 guys she was married and with her husband pointing to me. Some of them still wouldn’t leave it!! Sad state of affairs when rather than confrontation we prefer to move our spot.

Exactly the same last week with Gerd Jansen (unfortunately not Solomun's set)... Wish I'd posted something now and we had more in Heart at DJ Awards ... I really tried to avoid confrontation as clearly a big vibe killer but very nearly ended up in a fight at the end of the night with some youngish fella .... Actually I'm going to write to Heart and Pacha about it as we need a better strategy to deal with it and I think it involves getting security to chuck these people out

Exactly the same last week with Gerd Jansen (unfortunately not Solomun's set)... Wish I'd posted something now and we had more in Heart at DJ Awards ... I really tried to avoid confrontation as clearly a big vibe killer but very nearly ended up in a fight at the end of the night with some youngish fella .... Actually I'm going to write to Heart and Pacha about it as we need a better strategy to deal with it and I think it involves getting security to chuck these people out

Hey man it was nice meeting you breifly at Pikes and sucks about your experience. I almost went to both nights but I had thrown in the towel after Pikes as I needed to chill.

I generally consider both Pacha and Heart having classy environments...truth be told last year on high x I danced with a lot of girls there, some even had their boyfriends there. But they allowed it to happen and the girls themselves didn't complain.

Sucks that you experienced that

You guys have got to learn to use those situations for free drinks.

No sorry mate this shouldn't be made light of as it really has made us consider whether we should be going ... These scum aren't looking to buy people drinks ... I've no problem with a nice friendly atmosphere and dancing / smiling with girls as there is nothing worse than seeing people with face like thunder when you smile but touching / groping is totally unacceptable and no wonder the ratio of men / women is getting worse this year in Ibiza

It was basically sexual assault in Heart ... we gave him the benefit of the doubt a good few times as thought it was good natured but eventually he tried to put his tongue in her mouth and when she pushed him away tweaked her nipple .... Actually looking back I cant believe I didn't knock his head off ... His mate did well to calm it down but I guess I was provably concerned that I would get a hiding from the club security myself for starting something ... Honestly piss taking about this is not on

This also happened to my missus at Dixon... she said he still had his hand on her waist after she had told him numerous times that her partner was stood next to her. She can handle herself though ?

This seems to be becoming a thing this season.

Starting to have second thoughts about Cocoon.

I wouldn’t let it put you off cocoon. Just to add, we were at Circo last night and it was totally rammed for Carola especially, and there was none of that whatsoever. Just everyone friendly and shaking hands and enjoying making friends. Not one inappropriate thing happened. I honestly believe it’s certain big nights in Pacha or Hi when a % of people there aren’t even into the music they’re there to listen to.

One of the guys who was being a tosser at pacha, his mate stood right in my space and was trying to goad me too. I just said “mate we don’t do that shit here” then moved spot. They should be in Walkabout or Flares back home.

It won’t put me off going again, the music is too good to let absolute losers make us miss out, but it’s not a pleasant situation and does tarnish the night slightly.

My usual reply to the letches ''she's gorgeous isn't she? - and it's ME that will be in bed wth her at the end of the night!''

That shit is a disaster in Ibiza!!

Had issues at Pacha for Dixon as well, it was terrible.

I believe it is horrible on every Friday - Saturday and Sunday nights at Pacha/Hi/Heart as some significant amount of people go to this clubs to find some girls and they get heavily drunk, and do not know what they are doing.

IF you are lucky to avoid them or resist this idiocy until 4.30 5 am than it is clear for the rest of the night usually.

Surprisingly very disappointed from Solomun and Âme last night. The good thing was, that it was not so overcrowded, but it was really really soft in comparison to other his nights. You could feel that he has a good feeling to Âme (it looks a bit like two boys playing with their carrera cars ...and this time Solomun wasn‘t interacting so much with the audience) but for us it was only 30-45min in the morning where the athmosphere was extremly great, harder sound and crowd was really partying. After this both were bringing down the people immediately with much softer sound. Friends of us, who were with us, saw both at Berghain recently, were very disappointed too, for them Solomun & âme at Berghain was one of the best sets they ever had. So expectation was high, but all of us didn‘t expect this to be so bad. And it was one of the expensive nights...

Surprisingly very disappointed from Solomun and Âme last night. The good thing was, that it was not so overcrowded, but it was really really soft in comparison to other his nights. You could feel that he has a good feeling to Âme (it looks a bit like two boys playing with their carrera cars ...and this time Solomun wasn‘t interacting so much with the audience) but for us it was only 30-45min in the morning where the athmosphere was extremly great, harder sound and crowd was really partying. After this both were bringing down the people immediately with much softer sound. Friends of us, who were with us, saw both at Berghain recently, were very disappointed too, for them Solomun & âme at Berghain was one of the best sets they ever had. So expectation was high, but all of us didn‘t expect this to be so bad. And it was one of the expensive nights...

interesting review ... I had kindof the opposite experience a couple of weeks back with Gerd Jansen ... Solomun to my mind played horrible "harder" set with no direction, emotion, flow, especially after Gerd played a nice warm up ... I thought maybe Solomun was warming up for Connect and only Gerd playing a bit softer during the B2B made it bearable ... I guess it comes down to "one persons meat is another persons poison" ...

I can comfirm this... the climax was at 3:45 / 4:00.

Back