Solomun+1 2018

I blame sasha and diggers twilo residences for sending deepdish down that path..
There's a blast from the past.

Made it to Twilo for S&D during the summer of 2000.

I take it that place is long gone now, probably apartments? When nightclubs mature they change into apartments...

I was just about to say something similar.

From where I see it Solomun is still THE king of Ibiza going into this season (from a popularity perspective). People are flocking to the party to see him and I cannot see this season being anything other than a roaring success and a roadblock every week. I went again last season in September for Solomun and Matthew Dear and musically it was superb start to finish and was packed to the rafters.

I really don't see how anyone can dislike this party - for me behind Cocoon it is far and away my second favorite. The atmosphere inside of Pacha for this event is incredible, musically I still really enjoy Solomun and some of the guest DJ's are superb. Although I do agree the lineups based upon last year could do with a bit of a freshen up.
Tend to agree. I went towards the end of August for the plus butch and while he wasn’t great, it was like a full on rave atmosphere from 4-5am. I haven’t experienced anything like that in Ibiza since the radio 1 amnesia / privilege 90’s days.

All that said, each to their own and Solomun‘s output isn’t for everyone’s taste. And the price is obscene. But the music was bloody good for three hours.

personally he bores me 9 out of 10 times.

Dubfire bores the pants off me these days too. All filler and no thrillers. But it wasn’t always that way. When he was the other half of deep dish they were excellent imo. I never understood how dubfire became such a cool cat following the split while sharam was largely disregarded when going solo.

Haven't heard Dubfire recently, almost went to Hyte last year to see him because I think hed be interesting on the terrace but I was too tired to go.

Last time I heard him was when he first became techno in 2008 I think with the Grindhouse rmx. Him and Lawler went B2B at Guvernment in Toronto on the rooftop and played till 9 AM almost and it was solid all around

But I agree his past prog house stuff was better

See Deepdish last at Brixton fridge 5 years ago. Boring hell. And the amount of fanboy geeks was on par with a Digweed gig. Sharam all nighter at egg was actually more fun.

Any idea on the release, want to start sorting tickets might do it direct through pacha, normally use spotlight though if I'm booking before hand

we think next week. it's taking longer this year...sorry. if in a hurry use pacha for once but we will have them.

I like buying tickets of spotlight but I did buy from Pacha for 44 euros as it was cheap and I did not want to wait. I will get my Music on tickets from spotlight though :)

Back