Solomun + 1 2016

tell you what guys, for months already a rumour has been going around solomun was going to play space closing. but honestly no idea whether that's going to happen or not.

I could see that happening only with solomun as unannounced guest. they could announce a "special surprise dj" closing the car park for instance and solomun could move on to pacha after that gig.

Noticed that the remaining +1 dates have gone up to a whopping 68€, as much as i like Solomun and enjoy Mano, I dont know that i can justify spending over $150 just to walk in the door with the girlfriend who will likely not make it very long because I am insistent upon going to Destino for Rumor as I've never made it over there. I know this night is huge and Pacha seems like it bumped the prices for all of their parties but that is really just a little too out of bounds I think.

Noticed that the remaining +1 dates have gone up to a whopping 68€, as much as i like Solomun and enjoy Mano, I dont know that i can justify spending over $150 just to walk in the door with the girlfriend who will likely not make it very long because I am insistent upon going to Destino for Rumor as I've never made it over there. I know this night is huge and Pacha seems like it bumped the prices for all of their parties but that is really just a little too out of bounds I think.
Yeah i'm out for the Sven night and it's a bit pricey. We are doing Ants and Elrow the night before so gonna see how we feel on the Sunday before deciding where to go.
I would be happy to go to Space again or Warriors closing so not worried.

Damn it. I knew I should of bought my ticket for the Sven night, but didn't want to spend the money already, and honestly thought it won't go any higher than 58€.
I mean, I paid for the exact same night 48€ last summer, and that was a first for Sven at Pacha in 20 years... what happened exactly in one year time, that justifies an increase of 40% in price, and at presale?

This coming week's party is 80 and has been for a while. That 90 euro sake dinner with Richie Hawtin seems like a bargain in comparison.

Same. This is the only night all our group aren't massively keen on anything. I really fancy this as quite enjoy Sollybobs at a festival last year, and I haven't been to Pacha since the Subliminal days and do fancy returning. But it's a big spend.

Alternative is viva warriors but not a massive fan of Sankeys, and seen Skream quite a lot this year

the simple fact that S+1 is currently the club's number one night?
Wasn't it the number one night last year too?
Even so, I don't see why it needs to be like this.
Carl cox's night has been Space's number 1 for years, without any price change until this year.
Music On has been Amnesia's and no price change at all this year.
I'm not saying they can't update the price at all, but come on, a price increase of 20€ in one year is insane... I'm really put off by this, and will probably choose to go to his +live date at Ushuaia instead. which is a shame, since it was one of my favourite nights last year, but if we keep playing along with these prices, they are just going to keep going up... If Pacha needs more money, there are plently of VIP tables, who wouldn't blink at an increase of 100€, but it's the normal people who will hurt at an increase of 20€.

I don't defend it, but I see why they do it.

and music on has very well seen price raises over the course of the last few years, you're wrong there.

anyway, I understand why people are a bit put off by those prices (or say the steep raise), but at the same time I'm thinking, if I was a holidaymaker, I personally wouldn't let that ruin my night. in ibiza you spend lots of money anyway, do those 20€ more really matter? again I'm not trying to defend pacha here, but it just IS the best night at the club by far.

I anyway, I understand why people are a bit put off by those prices (or say the steep raise), but at the same time I'm thinking, if I was a holidaymaker, I personally wouldn't let that ruin my night. in ibiza you spend lots of money anyway, do those 20€ more really matter? again I'm not trying to defend pacha here, but it just IS the best night at the club by far.
Well, it's not that 20€ will cause me to go bankrupt or anything, it's just hard for me to justify the extra expense, when the only reason for it is just greed.
I have many other nights that I plan to attend during my holiday, and even though this is Pacha's best night, I don't think it's that much better than similar nights at other clubs.
As I mentioned, I can catch Solomon at Ushuaia, and Sven at Cocoon. That's two whole nights, with other amazing artists added, and will only cost like 13€ more than Pacha's night. I'm sorry but Pacha is not almost twice as good as any other club on the island..

Yeah that price increase sucks scrotum. That would nearly put a dampener on my night before its even started, might only be 20euros but ibiza is dear enough already for us normos

next time just don't hesitate and get those tickets before they go up in price. you all know that you can cancel our tickets in case plans change.

Eh, well 20 euros here and there does add up but at the same time it's Ibiza and you should enjoy on vacay. It really depends on how hype the night is...Solly is hype so it depends on the +1.

I'm okay with 58 Euros, that's what it was for Dixon and Solly in July tho. Really mixed on how I feel about this price increase...I did appreciate Pacha more this year tho with the extra rooms I discovered. I dunno man 80-90 euros is my breaking point and I'd only go of the plus one was Sven, Hawtin, or someone who I'm fans of like say Digweed or Sasha. I wouldn't spend that for say Anna who came yesterday.

Being on vacation doesn't mean stop using any sort of common sense and restrain...

Even on vacation you should still always consider if the price of something is worth the cost, and not just pay whatever the asking price is.

The current price point is just a few euros shy of the space closing ticket (considering the free drinks), and this one is merly a 5-6 hours event.

Whoever pays this price is directly responsible that next year the price will go up another 20€, and maybe cross his personal break point.

I mean it's still going to be Pacha's number 1 night for many years (until Solomun goes somewhere else)...

i remember going to solomun back in 2013 and 2014. then in 2015. what a huge huge difference in terms of crowd number

It's basic supply + demand. They can charge that price, so they will. That's the sad truth of it.
By holding your guns and not going you're doing the right thing, as sad as you'll be to miss it.
Pacha is a lot smaller than Amnesia or Space, so there's less customers to split the hike.
We all know that Solomun's agent will use the success of the night to demand a better deal for him. It's not all Pacha.

I don't think it's really about the number of customers, it's like you said first, it's because they think they can, and if we can go by the people responding here, they are probably correct.
Assuming that I actualy don't go, because I still have to tell my friends about all of this, and that I don't plan on going anymore,
I don't think I'll be that sad about missing it , it's Ibiza, come monday night when I'm either at Circo or Cocoon, I'll forget all about it. :D
There are so many choices on the island, either for clubbing or for everything else, that it boggles the mind that some people think they HAVE to go along with these greedy practices.
I don't really care whether I see Sven at Pacha or Amnesia, or Solomun at Ushuaia, either place will be special to me.

Back