Solo Trip to Ibiza, PDB, Sep 21st-27th

Eawh, right, sorry hun, cool, well I'm staying at Mare nostrum & so are a couple of other soloist's, stayed there a few times, its nice, think it will still be nice & warm then, iv not long come back & it was hot to trot x

Omg! So am I (also staying at the Hotel Mare Nostrum) :)!! What an odd coincidence!! Sorry I wasn't initially clear enough. I bought an accommodation & gig tickets package from a discount website. Did you as well? Also, are you going all-inclusive at Mare Nostrum?

Omg, how mads that! Awh, wicked! Yep all Inc, iv stayed a few times, its nice, there's another lad Paul from glasgow, also go out solo who is staying there, were gonna go to dc10 & cocoon on the Monday, the car cox space on tue, I havnt booked my return flight back yet, have you been to IBIZA before? X

I'm an Ibiza virgin hence the twenty questions lol. Is it true that the Mare Nostrum is quite basic? How much to go all-inclusive at MN? Did you book with easyjet? I would've booked single and return flights separately. It certainly would'be been a LOT cheaper. Wanted to do flights altogether, though.

It's no 5* but its clean, nice pool, friendly staff, nice mixed crowd, nice pool, foods nice, near the beach & you can walk to everything, yeah, you should upgrade to all Inc, I don't think it's that much more, iv been to IBIZA loads, just love it so much, you will have a great time it's a fantastic place! X

I've heard that the Mare Nostrum is close to everything (airport, clubs, beaches). I looked it up on Trip Advisor. Don't mind it being basic. Just want somewhere to shower, change and sleep. Do you have to pay a deposit? Thanks for the info :). Have you already bought your gig tickets? Or, are you buying them when you're out there? X

Yeah, its only about 10 euro from the airport in a taxi, beach is down the road & about 15min walk to everything, there also bars & restraints close by, I don't mind the questions hun, I could talk about Ibiza all day every day, been that many times, love love love it! I'm gonna get my tickets when I get there, I always do, is your hotel paid for already? X

Yes, my hotel is already paid for. Just have to sort out return flights from Stansted. How much on average for a two-course meal in Ibiza? How much for drinks? I've heard that Ibiza is pricey :(.. Is the ice/tap water dodgy there? It was in Magaluf last year..

Awh, right, well you could maybe ask the hotel when you arrive how much to upgrade, I really like the hotels food, its all fresh, don't really eat out but there plenty of different places to choose from, yes the drinks in the clubs are megga expensive, 15-20 euro but there bars there which are a lot cheaper & you can take a carry out on bora bora beach, YouTube it & you will get a taste for what it's like over there, there is no comparison to IBIZA, its amazing! X

Is it true that the food at the hotel is 'bland, vegetarian'? That's what some of the people posting on trip advisor said. Hope not as I LOVE meat! I'll just have to buy drinks in Duty Free, then.. Is the hotel anywhere near the cheaper West End bit (the bit with the cheaper bars)?

I think the food is lovely, depends on your tast I suppose but its all fresh, plus snacks, a load of us stayed there few weeks ago, there were no complaints, everyone is different I suppose, west end is in San an, other side of the island, loads of shops you can buy cheap booze from x

Oh, I didn't realise that the West End is in San Antonio Bay. Nevermind. Good thing there are cheap shops around for cheap booze :).. what are your Ibiza essentials when packing, that you CAN'T imagine ever going to Ibiza without?

Yeah, its about 35 euro in a taxi but I'm not that keen on San an, much prefer pdb, erm, let me see, I usually bring too much stuff that I never end up wearing but so long as iv got a nice bikini, shorts, top, trainers & hair products then I'm sound, anything goes in Ibiza, theres so many different styles, just be yourself x

Is it true that San Antonio is full of 18-21 year olds, whilst Playa den Bossa is more full of 'older, more mature people in their late 20s-mid 30s'? This is another thing that some of the trip advisor posters said as well..

Pdb is a more older crowd & international crowd, love it meeting people from all over the world, pdb bit more mature, that's why I like stay there, im a bit too old for the ole 18-30 club malarchy x

That's good. I hope it's warm at night, too. The guide on here jokingly said 'bring a jumper' as it sometimes gets chilly at night in Ibiza? True?

Back