So.................

Buckley said:
Robo said:
You would have to make sure you could Use the name of

IBIZA-SPOTLIGHT.

Who'd be the people to check with? Obvs intended to get permission or I would have been a little less overt than whacking this up on the board.

Course we don't actually need the name, but it'd be nice and the site would gain some PR free gratis.............unless the powers that be want to provide sponsorship :D

Either James (administrator)

or

Big chief spotlight.

How to contact spotlight is posted in the main pages of the site.

Fergie19 said:
can i borrow someones records then??? :confused: :confused:

Not my usual style........... :p :p :p

been dabbling in the DJ arts for a year now... (took me 4 months from purchasing CD decks to gettin em out to play!)...

u know my style! - is it still in yr car?

u can borrow as many records as u like... all on CD tho... only vinyl i got is a copy of Smart E's - SesamesTreet... (with the oscar the grouch sleeve, b4 it got withdraw for lega reasons)....

sure is....playing a mixture of that and a GK album.depends on the mood! :p :p :p

Iv not had a spin in ages..just got my decks a few months back to..will have a go tonight! ;)

Going by your CD..your way ahead of me!!!

Fergie19 said:
Going by your CD..your way ahead of me!!!

good thing about cds is the time readout... my memory is shot to bits and I write down cue points... cheating in a way, but Pioneer CDJ's have facility to save cue points on memory cards... or something like that... :D

Fergie19 said:
How does that work then? Just makes it much easier?

Iv just got decks, never tried CD's........

yr asking me for lessons!

lol... ermmm... personally i started doing following...

1. Got my brain trained to listen to two sound sources... once i could seperate 2 tracks in head... i started to match beat quicker... (i set 2nd track slower delibrately cos i find it easier to match beat by playing catch up...

2. i use the time left display and jot down time to indicate where i should start cued up track... even tho i do this i count beats in my head - 1,2,3,4 - 2,2,3,4 - 3,2,3,4 - 4,2,3,4 repeat...

3. tape what u do, or have someone there with ya to comment... can learn loads by analysing yrself...

4. started to blend it beats from a certain point instead of dropping it in straight in (listen to Mix i did between Libre and Join me brother - started beat in track 2, 2 bars b4 i faded across...)

5. i try n make use of every aspect of the tunes i use...

thats as far as ive got...

ive read - How to DJ properly - not a how to book, but kinda explains things really good (esp for vinyl)...

hope that helps! :D

Robo said:
Buckley said:
Robo said:
You would have to make sure you could Use the name of

IBIZA-SPOTLIGHT.

Who'd be the people to check with? Obvs intended to get permission or I would have been a little less overt than whacking this up on the board.

Course we don't actually need the name, but it'd be nice and the site would gain some PR free gratis.............unless the powers that be want to provide sponsorship :D

Either James (administrator)

or

Big chief spotlight.

How to contact spotlight is posted in the main pages of the site.

Top man - I've mailed 'em.

Right everyone, assuming permission is granted how would Fri 30th or Sat 31st grab you? Actually, if there are any name problems we'll just call it 'Bab's Belated Birthday Bash' unless your copyright lawyers are gonna get on my case sweetie ;).

As a 'for the people, by the people' event we'd need to go for an early start to let as many people play as poss, agreed?

[quote="BuckleyAs a 'for the people, by the people' event we'd need to go for an early start to let as many people play as poss, agreed?[/quote]

Hypothetically speaking, of course! :lol:

Chewie.......i find it easier to play catch up to, and as for the rest of the stuff you said, thats kinda what im doing.

Going to record myself i think.will see how cack i am! :confused: ;)

Iv got that book to.........really good and even funny in places! :lol:

Want to go play with my decks now!! :p :p

Buckley said:
Top man - I've mailed 'em.

Right everyone, assuming permission is granted how would Fri 30th or Sat 31st grab you? Actually, if there are any name problems we'll just call it 'Bab's Belated Birthday Bash' unless your copyright lawyers are gonna get on my case sweetie ;).

As a 'for the people, by the people' event we'd need to go for an early start to let as many people play as poss, agreed?

That wkend sounds fab, will just finish my birth-month ;) off in style-eeeee :D Obviously in a hypothetical world :p ;)

Starting early and finishing late suits me down to the ground :lol: :p ;)

who knows might be able to get over and possibly..what dj's would you be using i might be free.. :rolleyes:

As hypothetical parties go this looks like a rather good idea!

Would we be able to bring any of our hypothetical friends, or are we sticking to spotlighters?

Back