So whats the secret to lasting the pace in the clubs?

Don't take drugs..
giphy.gif

The main aftercare you need after a sesh is rest, healthy grub, booze and Valium or similar medication. Latter is absolutely crucial for getting a good night's kip if you're prone to sleep paralysis! (Booze works for sleep paralysis too, but you need a fair bit. :rolleyes: :spank: )

I get terrible sleep paralysis when I've had a few mad ones. Just about nodding off then feel like someone has zapped the back of my head with a cattle prod. A good glug of liquid nytol is my latest trick lol. Drugs to help you deal with the drugs you've taken :confused::lol:

I get terrible sleep paralysis when I've had a few mad ones. Just about nodding off then feel like someone has zapped the back of my head with a cattle prod. A good glug of liquid nytol is my latest trick lol. Drugs to help you deal with the drugs you've taken :confused::lol:

TBH, minimum dose of Valium (or similar) just to help you sleep ain't too bad. I'm lucky in that I only really get sleep paralysis two nights after I stop raving. I know people who get it for a week... The amount of alcohol required to stop sleep paralysis will leave you feeling groggy the next morning.

TBH, minimum dose of Valium (or similar) just to help you sleep ain't too bad. I'm lucky in that I only really get sleep paralysis two nights after I stop raving. I know people who get it for a week... The amount of alcohol required to stop sleep paralysis will leave you feeling groggy the next morning.

Aye you're right that is lucky lol. I was having these mad dreams that I was a politician delivering global energy speeches or some shit after I'd dealt with the brain zaps and finally nodded off. Will be laying off the nonsense in a couple weeks, can see me being home by 2/3 most nights. :cool:

Aye you're right that is lucky lol. I was having these mad dreams that I was a politician delivering global energy speeches or some shit after I'd dealt with the brain zaps and finally nodded off. Will be laying off the nonsense in a couple weeks, can see me being home by 2/3 most nights. :cool:

Crazy dreams and nightmares are the worst part for me. I almost never remember my dreams the rest of the time, which makes those couple nights seem all the more intense.

Will amnesia be providing food similar to Space closing? Slices of pizza etc?
If go to the top bar beside the girls toilets at amnesia on the Terrance the do food I think seen them serving food to people on Saturday over the bar

Okay so what do people recommend?

I am all inclusive and the bar finishes at 11pm. I have budget €150 (including taxi price to amnesia) i am staying in San An Bay.

Do I, go amnesia about 1, get a good spot, try and last the distance.

Or wait till 3.30am ish, hopefully theres some bars still open to get some cheap enough drinks, then head to amnesia, or will it be unbearable at that time?

I'm not too fussed about who i see, just want to last till the morning sun comes up and have a boogey. Solomun closing is my "must see" night

Hi guys, I've bought a bottle of these 5-HTP (50mg pills) I've seen posted about here and wonder if anyone can recommend a dosage that they find suits them. Also what's this Aquarius I've seen mentioned. Heading over on Monday and would like to last the pace till privi on Thursday. Getting on a bit so stamina ain't what it used to be. Thanks

@BEEFA1 if you‘re unsure about your stamina I‘d maybe indeed wait a little. thing is, if you go drinking it‘s likely you actually get tired while making time...

what a lot of people still do in the case of amnesia closing is go to bed early, sleep and put the alarm for 4am ish, shower, few shots of whatever gets you in the mood and straight into amnesia for 5:30am. like that you still have two hours of dark action before the sun goes up at 8:03am that day. and then simply stay as long as you can. then sleep and head to pacha for 2am ish (solomun closing will likely also go until 9-10am by the way)

these days i find half a bean will sort you out for hours. all notion of time or fatigue goes out the window. but a healthy diet/fitness regime helps too. alas my immune system was shot by the time we came back to bcn (& calling out a spanish doctor at 7am is no joke)

@BEEFA1 if you‘re unsure about your stamina I‘d maybe indeed wait a little. thing is, if you go drinking it‘s likely you actually get tired while making time...

what a lot of people still do in the case of amnesia closing is go to bed early, sleep and put the alarm for 4am ish, shower, few shots of whatever gets you in the mood and straight into amnesia for 5:30am. like that you still have two hours of dark action before the sun goes up at 8:03am that day. and then simply stay as long as you can. then sleep and head to pacha for 2am ish (solomun closing will likely also go until 9-10am by the way)
Thanks for the tip, i doubt i'd be able to sleep though given the excitment of the big night but will keep it in mind. Could always stick to baileys coffee instead of beer :lol: @Amp and Deck i am not too keen on taking the beans as im travelling solo and haven't dabbled in a very long time but I can understand the logic :twisted::twisted:

Hi guys, I've bought a bottle of these 5-HTP (50mg pills) I've seen posted about here and wonder if anyone can recommend a dosage that they find suits them. Also what's this Aquarius I've seen mentioned. Heading over on Monday and would like to last the pace till privi on Thursday. Getting on a bit so stamina ain't what it used to be. Thanks

I've got the 100mg 5-HTP. Following some research and good advice from fellow Spotlighters, I took three per day. I took them one day before going out so leaving 24 hour gap before clubbing. Then I started again lunchtime after coming home from the club. I combined with Omega 3 and Vitamin E.
I continued to take them between nights out, and for three days after the last night out. Always remembering again not to take in the 24 hours before the club.
I reckon they did some good, but still needed lots of sleep. I'd do the same regime again.

Getting on a bit???? I'm 47, but I (mostly) eat properly and am in good shape. Arrived in clubs before 1am and stayed until closing. Know yourself, know your limits - I only went out every second night.

Aquarius is a Spanish drink, not fizzy, good for thirst quenching and electrolytes. Available everywhere.

Last edited:
I've got the 100mg 5-HTP. Following some research and good advice from fellow Spotlighters, I took three per day. I took them one day before going out so leaving 24 hour gap before clubbing. Then I started again lunchtime after coming home from the club. I combined with Omega 3 and Vitamin E.
I continued to take them between nights out, and for three days after the last night out. Always remembering again not to take in the 24 hours before the club.
I reckon they did some good, but still needed lots of sleep. I'd do the same regime again.

Getting on a bit???? I'm 47, but I (mostly) eat properly and am in good shape. Arrived in clubs before 1am and stayed until closing. Know yourself, know your limits - I only went out every second night.

Aquarius is a Spanish drink, not fizzy, good for thirst quenching and electrolytes. Available everywhere.
Thanks lumpy, I'll give it a go and hopefully feel some benefits.
Got a few diaz for a kip too so looking forward to feeling better the morning after than the night before lol

This may sound like a stupid question but why would you not take them 24 hours before heading in a club?

I'm thinking of taking the combination of multivitamin, omega3 and 5-HTP through closing weekend but we don't have a night off so what's best for me!?

This may sound like a stupid question but why would you not take them 24 hours before heading in a club?

I'm thinking of taking the combination of multivitamin, omega3 and 5-HTP through closing weekend but we don't have a night off so what's best for me!?

Serotonin syndrome

Use 5HTP only minimum with clear 24 hours before / after

Just like @springel said, serotonin syndrome.
My research told me to start taking it 12 hours after last dose of another substance, not 24 hours, but never ever take 5-HTP 24 hours before your chosen substance.
It just shows that there's conflicting information out there. Stay informed, stay safe.

Back