Snow

Is it true that they closed part of the Underground?

Plenty of snow on the ground here but none falling. A mighty frigid -20 C today :(

Is it true that they closed part of the Underground?

Plenty of snow on the ground here but none falling. A mighty frigid -20 C today :(

Yup, only the Victoria line running normally.

I was in the car at 6am but was getting so many texts from folks working for me who couldn't get in, I decided it was worth working from home instead of sliding the motor around all the way to South London

I walked to work on my first day back HERO

Only a light dusting here. R1 said the South East was heavily effected. Yeah right.

the scene in New Cross this morning

snowy_mountains-2.jpg

Is everyone working from home?
Yes, well I'm trying to work from home but our home access to the network is down so I can't actually do that much, I may start my packing for my boarding holiday this weekend, all this snows getting me in the holiday spirit! :)

I love it :) Unfortunately I made it into work. But took loads of photos walking to work . There are only about 5 people here out of 30! Hopefully leaving at 2 to go snowboarding in Primrose Park 8)

img_1942.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice photos, good to see England with some white stuff. Sadly, over here snow doesn't cause much excitement or provide an excuse to miss any work...

No buses and no tubes or trains from Ealing, so 'working from home' happy days :lol:

You do have to worry about our 'capital' tho when 6" of snow causes the whole city to come to a standstill :rolleyes::lol:

for the NE its pretty good up here - its still white and pretty and snowing quite heavily - strangely - the last heavy snow flurry about 30 mins ago - loud claps of thunder!! bizarre :eek:

I want to go home and go sledging now....... :(

You do have to worry about our 'capital' tho when 6" of snow causes the whole city to come to a standstill :rolleyes::lol:
It's the same in Washington. 6 inches will shut the place down for a couple of days :lol:

Imagine my shock when I went north to Boston for university and found out that, even with 3 feet of snow from one of their regular "nor'easter" ocean-fueled winter storms, everyone still had to show up for class :lol:

Back