Smoking

zarbtron

I'm trying to give up :eek: :rolleyes: because nearly all my friends have now :confused:

Currently reading Allen Carr, on page 50, luckily I get to keep smoking whilst I read it :lol: but so far it all seems very convincing.

Anyone else care to join me in this mission? Anyone just given up and got any tips?

(babs, where's the no smoking girl? :lol: )

You know he's been recently diagnosed with throat cancer. :confused:
I think the best way to give anything up is to ween yourself of it, and try and cut down on situations where you'll want to smoke more.

I am on day 3 as a non-smoker :eek: :D

I read Alan Carr a couple of years ago and when I finished it and wanted to smack his face in :lol: with his Americanised preachings :spank: and I ended up smoking twice as much :rolleyes:

I've gone back on the NHS Quit Smoking Program, basically you go to your Pharmacy, they have a little chat with you about how much you smoke/when you're tempted to smoke and then work out which is the best treatment to give you. They've given me patches cos they worked for me before and I go once a week, you get your carbon monoxide levels tested and they ask you if you've smoked at all in the week and you get 2 weeks worth of patches for the price of a NHS prescription (bargain when you consider one weeks worth of patches is about £15). Also cos you have to go back every week you feel guilty if you're lieing to them so that's extra motivation.

Good luck, be free from the evil weed :lol: ;)

I'll join you, although I am just a social smoker :twisted: My last one was 2 weekends away! I just can't not smoke when I go out! :twisted: I enjoy it too damn much!

EleonoraBwitheyes.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am back to social smoking. I dont smoke at work or at home, and I haven't smoked since Ibiza 2 weeks ago, but I'm going out this weekend and I might have a sneaky couple of cigs! I will try not to though, I normally always regret it afterwards :confused:

I'm hoping while I'm away I will properly stop. Although I do really enjoy it when I'm clubbing :lol:

Shall I join yet another Spotlight quit smoking club only to miserably yet again? I've still plenty duty free to get through so don't think it'd be too succesful an attempt despite kinda wanting to stop.

Shall I join yet another Spotlight quit smoking club only to miserably yet again? I've still plenty duty free to get through so don't think it'd be too succesful an attempt despite kinda wanting to stop.

I didn't bring any duty free back specifically cos I knew if I did I'd use the same 'well I've got 2000 duty free to get thru' excuse I normally do :rolleyes:

I didn't bring any duty free back specifically cos I knew if I did I'd use the same 'well I've got 2000 duty free to get thru' excuse I normally do :rolleyes:

its valid, im sticking to it. although it aint helping my manflu (hence why im off work today)

I didn't buy any duty free in ibiza (except alcohol) and I even threw away all my fags and baccy at the airport, determined to give up when I got back. I failed miserably :lol:

Rachel, did you have to read allen carr more than once? Or was it once and hey presto, you quit?

I'll join you, although I am just a social smoker :twisted: My last one was 2 weekends away! I just can't not smoke when I go out! :twisted: I enjoy it too damn much!

I'm the same as soon as I have a drink I want a ciggie - it also depends who i'm out with as well! I never really take it back properly so that's why I think i've never got addicted! :lol:

Zarb, I quit using Alan Carr, I love him. :p
My wife quit with that book a year ago. Since then, I've had several people tell me they read it and quit too (everyone except for you, Babs! ;)). That's why I'm staying as far away from that book as possible!

Rachel, did you have to read allen carr more than once? Or was it once and hey presto, you quit?

Rach also has that thing called willpower which I lack :confused: she manages to go out with all us lot Fag Ash Liling it around her and doesn't get tempted :rolleyes: :lol:

My wife quit with that book a year ago. Since then, I've had several people tell me they read it and quit too (everyone except for you, Babs! ;)). That's why I'm staying as far away from that book as possible!

Apart from Rach I don't know a single other person who it worked for, on the last count I think Jamie has read it 3x :lol:

I guess I'm just not susceptible to American w@nk brainwashing :confused: :lol:

Back