Self righteous post

this isnt what im talkin about.

not every legitimate fan of a band can justify paying £100+ for a ticket which should cost £30

eg. a 16 year old

scumbags

What's a 'legitimate fan'? Someone who really likes a band or whatever?

as opposed to some not legit, ie. someone whose sole purpose for logging into a tickets website is to make an instant profit off desperate legitimate fans.

as opposed to some not legit, ie. someone whose sole purpose for logging into a tickets website is to make an instant profit off desperate legitimate fans.

Someone who takes a risk by speculating on an increase in market value of a product is not by definition a scumbag. Your not expressing what the difference is between this commodity and any other, apart from someone really wants it.

im not talking definitions buckley, as you well know. im expressing my opinion on those who do. stop trying to flower up "delboys" with fancy businessman spiel.

scumbag no-marks

Someone who takes a risk by speculating on an increase in market value of a product is not by definition a scumbag. Your not expressing what the difference is between this commodity and any other, apart from someone really wants it.

I suppose nows a good a time as ever......Buckers....those nude piccies....you know when you were young & needed the money??........how much??;)

im not talking definitions buckley, as you well know. im expressing my opinion on those who do. stop trying to flower up "delboys" with fancy businessman spiel.

scumbag no-marks

But you're not giving any logical explanation for why you think that. Touts outside some venues can be gangs of violent thugs who must people would like to see dealt with. Why should anyone have a right to something they can't afford because they really want it? You argument seems to be that if you are really enthusiastic about something you have a moral right to it.

The face value of a ticket of will include profit for various people. Are they scumbags?

Buckers, in principle it isn't wrong. I mean we are all here to make a Buck or two (see what I did there?)

however, imagine the scene, your a dad. yiu and little buckley have season ticket for lets say for arguments sake...Man City???......Man city get to the fa cup final, little buckers who has been to all the ties, home and away is desperate to go however he is priced out of it by someone who hasnt been to see city play for years (me maybe??) but had more money than him (because his tight arse dad dosent give him enough pocket money). Little buckley is gutted, inconsolable...........!!!

now do you get it??

Buckers, in principle it isn't wrong. I mean we are all here to make a Buck or two (see what I did there?)

however, imagine the scene, your a dad. yiu and little buckley have season ticket for lets say for arguments sake...Man City???......Man city get to the fa cup final, little buckers who has been to all the ties, home and away is desperate to go however he is priced out of it by someone who hasnt been to see city play for years (me maybe??) but had more money than him (because his tight arse dad dosent give him enough pocket money). Little buckley is gutted, inconsolable...........!!!

now do you get it??

Now you're just being silly. Man City in the FA Cup final indeed:lol:

Nope. I'd pay what it took for Buckers junior to get a ticket, or he'd go without. Tickets for an major event are an expensive luxury, why should he get one? The other bloke might have been working 7 days a week to be in a position to pay the market rate to ensure he can go. Is his daily toil less deserving of reward than little Buckers wailing? (And that would be shut up pronto:lol: )

(And I thought season ticket holders who go regularly have far less chance of being in this situation?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nope. I'd pay what it took for Buckers junior to get a ticket, or he'd go without. Tickets for an major event are inexpensive luxury, why should he get one? The other bloke might have been working 7 days a week to be in a position to pay the market rate to ensure he can go. Is his daily toil less deserving of reward than little Buckers wailing? (And that would be shut up pronto:lol: )

(And I thought season ticket holders who go regularly have far less chance of being in this situation?)

:lol:

Dunno whats more ridiculous, City in the final or buckley junior being a fan!!!

He could always go and see Mick for a moody ticket :)

;)

Nope. I'd pay what it took for Buckers junior to get a ticket, or he'd go without. Tickets for an major event are inexpensive luxury, why should he get one? The other bloke might have been working 7 days a week to be in a position to pay the market rate to ensure he can go. Is his daily toil less deserving of reward than little Buckers wailing? (And that would be shut up pronto:lol: )

in istanbul, they were doing all in-packages with ticket to the final and running ads from crappy local papers and stuff. it wasn't hard to get a ticket at all, in fact, despite me having gone to all the home ties and having all the vouchers from the CL that year, it was easier to just go through an agent.:rolleyes:

is that a boring story??

anyway, WE WON!!!!!!!!8) :D

in istanbul, they were doing all in-packages with ticket to the final and running ads from crappy local papers and stuff. it wasn't hard to get a ticket at all, in fact, despite me having gone to all the home ties and having all the vouchers from the CL that year, it was easier to just go through an agent.:rolleyes:

is that a boring story??

anyway, WE WON!!!!!!!!8) :D

Yes and yes you did!!! ;)

Dunno whats more ridiculous, City in the final or buckley junior being a fan!!!

He could always go and see Mick for a moody ticket :)

;)

Had I stayed living in Whalley Range any future Bucker junior would have been from the right area to be a City fan.

Aha, yes, Mick reckoned he was 'connected'. Although I think he was a red.

Had I stayed living in Whalley Range any future Bucker junior would have been from the right area to be a City fan.

Aha, yes, Mick reckoned he was 'connected'. Although I think he was a red.

ahh whalley range, "full of shags, full of slags full of city"

Is his daily toil less deserving of reward than little Buckers wailing?

In relative terms, yes! I don't think you're trying to wind me up but your angling for an argument, the fact that you can put across such hypothetical questions shows you understand my stance.

To be honest, I've never really given much of a thought to football ticket touting, as Dundee United rarely get to European finals. But music concerts, same applies. Tickets should be sold at face value so everyones on a level playing field. I can understand if people are made offers why they sell the tickets they bought for going to see a band or whatever, but its the people who snap up tickets for the sole purpose of depriving others and selling them on at profit WHICH REALLY BUGS THE F*CK OUT OF ME (in case you hadn't noticed by now).

Im leaving your debating chamber for the day Buckley, I have no interest in taking part in further discussions on this topic or wasting anymore breaktime by doing so.

:):) <- Note. Double smiley disclaimer.

Back