Season 2014

Who knows mate. It may just mean that they'll be able to issue you one quicker.

When are out heading out there?

Yeah I heard about this place, but it takes about 2 weeks to get your NIE so will have to make do doing whatever until then

Surely this would mean that employers would have no choice but to hire people in their bars etc. who don't have an NIE due to large a number of people not having one or being able to get one.

I'd say no such luck! Lots of people go back year after year or live there all year round - all of them with an NIE!

Just a little confused by the whole thing. You need an NIE in order to get a job but you can't get an NIE until you have a job.

Just a little confused by the whole thing. You need an NIE in order to get a job but you can't get an NIE until you have a job.
Again from what we're hearing this is the catch 22 situation people are talking about. Seems the Spanish authorities are trying to get their own people more jobs here as unemployment is high, which is probably fare enough.
And like Wednesday says we're meeting plenty people here who come back year after year to work.

Again from what we're hearing this is the catch 22 situation people are talking about. Seems the Spanish authorities are trying to get their own people more jobs here as unemployment is high, which is probably fare enough.
And like Wednesday says we're meeting plenty people here who come back year after year to work.

In any case, it's more people getting legitimate jobs which means more money for their economy.

Anyway, I'm just gonna see how it pans out once I'm there, there are plenty of promoting jobs etc where you don't need an NIE number.

I got a pre paid cash card today with a good exchange rate, so that I can withdraw euros for free from the ATMs. Would definitely recommend as it saves loads of money on ATM fees if you use your english card!

https://www.caxtonfx.com/

That's the one I've got, has a 1,205 exchange rate which is as high as it gets and it's free to withdraw. You also only need to deposit an initial 10 pounds.

Anyone know anything about spanish sim cards ? If i take my iPhone with me can I buy a spanish sim to put in it and just use that ? or do I have to buy a spanish phone aswell ?

Anyone know anything about spanish sim cards ? If i take my iPhone with me can I buy a spanish sim to put in it and just use that ? or do I have to buy a spanish phone aswell ?

If your phone's unlocked then yeah. I think it costs about 200 pounds though to unlock if you're not on 02!

ah ok , think ill just take it and turn airplane mode on and use whatsap to keep in touch with people from home when I have wifi and use an cheap spanish phone for phone calls

llamaya have a tariff for phonin home (uk). Think its called Maxi. Its 25c connection then 1c per minute.
Though gettin one of the cheap phones is like going back in time :D Mines doesn't even have Snake on it!

ah ok , think ill just take it and turn airplane mode on and use whatsap to keep in touch with people from home when I have wifi and use an cheap spanish phone for phone calls

yeah that's a good idea.

Just applied to unlock my phone anyway 20 quid doesn't seem too bad. Asked a guy who lives out there he said it's easy to get an iphone sim out there

Question about laughing gas. Would I be allowed to take my dispenser over on the plane in my main luggage? (not the cannisters dispenser only).

Is it easy to buy cannisters out there, or would it be okay to get them delivered online to Ibiza?

Question about laughing gas. Would I be allowed to take my dispenser over on the plane in my main luggage? (not the cannisters dispenser only).

Is it easy to buy cannisters out there, or would it be okay to get them delivered online to Ibiza?

you know selling laughing gas is illegal over here?

Back