Season 2014

how much can my girlfriend and I expect to earn monthly?

that really depends on how much you wanna work. a lot of first-seasoners get a job that just gets them through the season money-wise and lets them have as much spare time as possible to enjoy ibiza with all its facettes. on the other hand there are workers that come with the firm decision to make as much cash as possible in 4 -5 months and work their asses off...and then go travelling all winter.

in terms of numbers, depending on how much you work and what you do, you can earn anything between 800€ (if you're a really lazy bastard) up to 2500€ or even more a month (for example if you work as a barman in a club, you'll make a lot of tips in august). average salary for summer workers is normally somewhere between 1000€ and 1500€ a month. again, in a lot of jobs, may and june are low pay months and then you can earn more as more tourists come in. hope this helps.

:DHappy new year everybody! Hope yous are recovered and still excited for 2014.
Now its all done with, we're back gettin into gear for this season. Looking at apartments and wondering about budget. This is probably like asking "How long is a piece of string?" or "How many people can fit in Amnesia?", but how much can my girlfriend and I expect to earn monthly?
We're lookin to put a deposit down but don't want to commit to somewhere that will soak up all our hard earned cash or somewhere thats a box with no windows cause its dirt cheap.
Cant wait to get stuck in now!
Peaceful and Contented 2014 tae' Yae' Cali...hope Everything works out Perfectly for You on The White Island.
Hopefully see Yae' Over there and we can Mibbe watch a Celtic game at some Point...."Let The People Sing";):):):)

that really depends on how much you wanna work. a lot of first-seasoners get a job that just gets them through the season money-wise and lets them have as much spare time as possible to enjoy ibiza with all its facettes. on the other hand there are workers that come with the firm decision to make as much cash as possible in 4 -5 months and work their asses off...and then go travelling all winter.

in terms of number, depending on how much you work and what you do, you can earn anything between 800€ (if you're a really lazy bastard) up to 2500€ or even more a month (for example if you work as a barman in a club, you'll make a lot of tips in august). average salary for summer workers is normally somewhere between 1000€ and 1500€ a month. again, in a lot of jobs, may and june are low pay months and then you can earn more as more tourists come in. hope this helps.
Jesus wages have gone up since I worked in 99 !! Think I got about 12 euros for a week with gods kitchen , and 200e for djing 2- 6am in some bar in the bay,

I think the worst money I have ever earnt was 30euros a day, and that was me being, as suggested above, a lazy bastard! Id work maybe an hour or my 6 hour shift then get drunk for the rest :/ So what that works out at about 750-800euros a month :/ How I ever survived on that now I really don't know!

Hey guys,

Just wondering if it's better to get a job when you get out there or apply online?

I've been looking at this: Ibiza Job Centre which looks pretty promising. Thought it might be helpful for anyone else looking for work too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Just wondering if it's better to get a job when you get out there or apply online?

I've been looking at this: Ibiza Job Centre which looks pretty promising. Thought it might be helpful for anyone else looking for work too :)

I checked that site out Eva. You're right it does look promising.
Sorry, I dont know the answer to your questions but I'd be pretty happy going over with a job already setup.

I work for lost in Ibiza boat party, our parties should be starting early June. I'll keep you informed of recruitment days nearer the time when dates are set. :)

Hi I am doing the same I am coming over In April I wanna meet new people find work I would like to share a place with someone and make new friends !
I'm worried coming over by myself and worried how I will go about getting job and accommodation

I wouldn't worry about jobs or accommodation before you get there. Why would anyone promise a job to someone over email they have never met and don't know what they're like in person?!

If I was you I would come as early as possible and go along to recruitment days. You need to speak to as many people as possible and you will soon make loads of friends. Remember that lots of people will be in the same situation as you!!

my first season as a worker too Erin but from what I've read online 1st June should be ok, opening parties are only a week before

:)Well thats the deposit down on a flat! This just got real all of a sudden!
Big thanks to Sue Pritchard from The Pink Panther bar in the bay. She's been a great help to me and my Mrs. Anybody lookin for rentals should contact her on Facebook. I dont have the link the now but as soon as I do I'll post it here.

I've taken out backpackers insurance before. Also just did it through virgin one year. Never had to claim on it though. Make sure you get your EHIC (previously e111) card. You undoubtably will need prescriptions or fall and cut your foot / hand or something else at some point and then you can go the medical centre for free.

Back