Scariest films !!

many films scare me such as the Blair Witch Project and The Others. I'm not scared at films that have blood and gore all in them, but I get seriously creeped when watching a film where you can't see the "scary" bit.

One film that I can't watch is Hitchcocks "The Birds"

you will find that some of the scarier films out there actaully has less gore thanmost films texas chansawmassacrefor example

Dual_Life said:
KarlosHx said:
Blare Witch Project :eek:

Pussy. Honestly, if you're scared by this travesty, you must get scared by Scottish Terrior puppies. I slept through the most of that movie.

which is probably why you didnt enjoy it?? duh!!!!

and scottish "terrior" puppies are pretty feisty actually, u dont wanna fook with em!!!

'Don't Look Now'. The part where the midget in the red raincoat turns around; I saw that when I was about 10. Not a good idea. :eek:

I-Spy said:
'Don't Look Now'. The part where the midget in the red raincoat turns around; I saw that when I was about 10. Not a good idea. :eek:

Absolutely bloody terrifying film that is!!

If you like that, can I reccomend Dark Water?? Prob better if you get the original Japanese version, by Hideo Nakata (Ring), it's just been remade in English but dunno if it's out yet, Tim Roth's in it!!

Anyway, the director pays homage (nice way of saying he copies) certain elements of Dont Look Now!!

[REC] Genuinely scary Spanish language horror, worth putting up with the subtitles because the US English language version (called quarantine) is absolutely terrible in comparison. Well acted, claustrophobic (set almost entirely in one apartment building), loads of tension and 3 or 4 genuine 'sh1t-yer-pants' moments. Brilliant film.

30 Days of Night: Original idea, bags of tension, atmospheric. Best vampire movie in ages (see my avatar).

Invasion of the Body Snatchers: The 70's version starring Donald Sutherland. Excellent cast, superb script and directed in such a way that the sense of fear and frustration are cranked up to the max. You genuinely get a sense of the whole world closing in on the protagonists. Gave me nightmares when I was a young kid.

Back