San an or Ibiza town?

i will be stayin in san an (hopefully down beside Kanya), think the strip is great during the day and at sunset (obviously!!!)

but come night time, i will be heading into Ibiza Town and Den Bossa on a sunday ;)

the island is small enough to get to different places in a short space of time so i'm not really bothered about where i am staying.

IMO - the whole island ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are one or two good bars on the outside of the west end..Plastik for example where you dont get pissed up idiots leering all over you.The actual center of the west end is a shit hole at night but you can still find some nice bars around the edges....
But as I said in previous posts from what I see the last 2 weeks they are cleaning it up and in the process of makin it a more desirable place for people whos idea of enjoyment is dancing, drinking and eating as opose to getting totally wasted,starting fights and generally being a sad waste of space.

I used to stay in San Antonio as a pref. Not for the proximty of the West End (lol) but because it fitted well with my clubbing cycle:

Have a drink or two at the Cafe Del Mar for sunset, then be in walking distance of the hotel for an hour or two's kip then get ready to go out by to the club which normally meant a taxi from whereever I was staying.

This used to work really well. And I'm sure most will agree, it's a pain to drive/taxi across the island just for an hour or two.

The other good thing is that the coast between San An and the South West of the island have some of the best beaches on the island, which is handy too.

However, now I really can't take more than 1 or two visits to cafe del mar. I do still love it but to walk along there fighting off stroppy English flyer pests every 10 yards and then sit down to an all out war between the soundsystems does me in. Sadly it has become an extension of the West End (although still slightly more upmarket).

But now I prefer to stay up near where I spend most time, Ibiza Town. The bar scene in Ibiza Yown is more relaxed. You can walk through a back street to avoid the people who try to drag you into bars (although in Ibiza Town they are polite, take your first no for answer and don't get shitty with you for it either), the crowd is mostly more interesting. It's central for most of the places I want to go. It's where the Es Vive is.

Bottom line: depending on what you look for in Ibiza, both locations are ideal in their own way.

it's really odd that when our members talk about ibiza town they refer almost exclusively to the marina/port/dalt vila area. an extremely small part which is totally unrepresentative of Ibiza town - at the end of october there will be not a single person in those areas as they close completely. like the west end, cala llonga, es cana hippie market, they are purely tourist traps ( however well or badly they are viewed) there to relieve you of your well earned readies, and they all provide for different 'markets' - to say one is better than another is a purely personal opinion - they're all doing their little job on the island for the industry.

does that make sense?

stephon what are the sa penya and gitanas and the moors is this the rough part of ibiza

i for one have never heard of them cna you explain cheers

You know what PaulSub, I think it's an age thing, because I (and all my friends) also now spend most of the time in and around Ibiza Town. We just love the vibe - the restaurants, the bars, the shopping, the cosmopolitan atmosphere... what's not to like! And if you want to see a fantastic sunset one evening, you can jump in your hire car and head off to San An... That's the beauty of Ibiza, everything is so easy to get to. :p

Becki said:
You know what PaulSub, I think it's an age thing, because I (and all my friends) also now spend most of the time in and around Ibiza Town. We just love the vibe - the restaurants, the bars, the shopping, the cosmopolitan atmosphere... what's not to like! And if you want to see a fantastic sunset one evening, you can jump in your hire car and head off to San An... That's the beauty of Ibiza, everything is so easy to get to. :p

i'm only 19, and i prefer ibiza town.

Stephen,

Please enlighten us less fortunate beings who can only visit once or twice per year.

I love the clubbing, which is what first drew me to Ibiza, but on my first visit, I realsied the Island was beautiful beyond anything I could have imagined. We are on the island for 2 weeks this year, and intend to hire a car to see some of the remote beaches etc etc.

Hows abot this :idea:

You take spotlighters on a mini tour of Ibiza Town, places where we wouldn't think of going. We treat ya to food and wine in return :D :D

You might even come to thinking that people who like to party are not depraved loons who like to spend most of their time in outer space :D :D

Come on what do ya say????

WHAT?

Seriously though, we have wandered around the marina/ old town etc during the day. It's fascinating to see just how different the place is to the barmy night times. Trouble is the heat kinda like nearly kills me!!!

I would deffo be up for such a meet up, as I'm sure others would be. You could even show us your favourite haunts up the Calle de la Virgen :D :D

It would be good to try and get this on, and offer a chance to meet a few peeps when we can all speak coherently :)

You MUST hire a car, it really opens up the island and there is so much to see - it is truly stunning and magical as you say, and there are so many beautiful beaches to crash out on after a heavy night. But don't forget to hire one with air-con!

Bit more on-topic :lol: :

I will never stay in San An... it is too full with loud people, wearing soccer-shirts and starting to drink beer around 10am out of 1-liter bottles.
There are also enough stories about fights between different supporters.
Besides that is San An full of those Karaoke bars, snooker bars, and that stuff. Too british! Like Salou is too Dutch in summer!

Ibiza-town is bit more expensive, but somehow it is relaxing over there, with all kind of different people. A bit more classy.
If you want a beach, stay in Playa d'Bossa, the combination of San An and Ibiza-Town, including a few bars like in San An and a relaxed atomopshere as in Ibiza Town.

Michael24 said:

I will never stay in San An... it is too full with loud people, wearing soccer-shirts and starting to drink beer around 10am out of 1-liter bottles.
Besides that is San An full of those Karaoke bars, snooker bars, and that stuff. Too british! Like Salou is too Dutch in summer!

Ibiza-town is bit more expensive, but somehow it is relaxing over there, with all kind of different people. A bit more classy.
If you want a beach, stay in Playa d'Bossa, the combination of San An and Ibiza-Town, including a few bars like in San An and a relaxed atomopshere as in Ibiza Town.

And what may I ask is wrong with a beer @ 10:00am???

This is one of the naighty things I love about being in Ibiza (or other places for that metter), ordering a beer with breakfast!!

:D :D :D

Becki said:
How can anyone call San An beautiful? It's a hellhole, unless you like tacky bars, pissed up tourists, Union Jack flags, fast food... personally I go abroad to get away from all that. Ibiza Town rocks!

stop it, becki; san an is a lot of peoples *the* place to be....

live and let live; respect etc... :D

### barx

Michael24 said:

And what may I ask is wrong with a beer @ 10:00am???

This is one of the naighty things I love about being in Ibiza (or other places for that metter), ordering a beer with breakfast!!

:D :D :D

Becki said:
You MUST hire a car, it really opens up the island and there is so much to see - it is truly stunning and magical as you say, and there are so many beautiful beaches to crash out on after a heavy night. But don't forget to hire one with air-con!
What, you can get beaches with air-con, amazing :lol: :lol:

Back