San an or Ibiza town?

OK...OK!!! GUYS AND GIRLIES!
LETS END THIS CAT/DOG FIGHT!! IT´S LIKE TALKING ABOUT ALL THE COLORS IN THE RAINBOW = ITS IMPOSSIBLE to shed some light over all aspects so lets just call it a tie and rest!!! :p

Ibiza town is the best
you can find places like San Ant in other countries
Ibiza Town is fantastic

fpena said:
Ibiza town is the best
you can find places like San Ant in other countries
Ibiza Town is fantastic

Perfectly put.

San An to me is just a complete no no.

The most important thing to me is the PEOPLE, i dont give a $hit about sunsets.

I like to be around nice people.

:!:

I say that San Antonio is an ok place to stay in
I totally dislike the west end with all the neon signs and cheap boozers that seem to attract the louder boozy and lairy crowd.
But the west end can be avoided if you don't like that sort of thing either.
Food is better in San an than Playa den Bossa but there are nice restaraunts in Ibiza town.
A concern would be what club nights do you think you will be going to.
if you like the look of Pacha, Space, Pin up, El devino or dc10 then you will be nearer to them in ibiza town, figurettas e.t.c.
If you like the sound of Eden and Es paradis then San an is better
having said that you can always either get the disco bus or the taxi ( about 20 euro's peak time san an - ibiza town.
San An has some good little bars like Coastline, Kanya, Mambo, Cafe del mar on the sunset strip area plus Bar M itaca and even Kumhares ( san an bay )
Ibiza town is very nice around the old town and Dalt vila ( castle area ) there is a more mature chilled vibe in ibiza town around the bars but these people party harder and longer than the san crowd.
whichever place you stay in make sure you visit both sides an numerous occasions.

wasn't tryin' to start arguments, just that i'm going out to San an on 19th july for the first time, and was wondering about the differences.

is that not the point of the board??

Ibiza-girlie said:
agree! san an near the strip doesnt stink, its very nice and beautiful and we have managed to get apartments just above savannah this time! excellent![/quot

Wow, how did you manage that?, were they expensive???

How can anyone call San An beautiful? It's a hellhole, unless you like tacky bars, pissed up tourists, Union Jack flags, fast food... personally I go abroad to get away from all that. Ibiza Town rocks!

we managed to get the hotel/apartments through our travel agency who had the apartments in their catlogue, for them it´s also a scoop and a really good deal!

Ibiza-girlie said:
we managed to get the hotel/apartments through our travel agency who had the apartments in their catlogue, for them it´s also a scoop and a really good deal!

Aren't they the ones that Club 18-30s use :eek:

well since im only 26 i guess it´s still o.k - ive always stayed in 18-30 places and i dont mind, really..there havent been so many lager blokes, as the place was mainly rented by scandinavian/dutch paople and we know how to behave hihi :D

Ibiza-girlie said:
well since im only 26 i guess it´s still o.k - ive always stayed in 18-30 places and i dont mind, really..there havent been so many lager blokes, as the place was mainly rented by scandinavian/dutch paople and we know how to behave hihi :D

Maybe I am mistaken but if it's the one I am thinking of there were loads of English towels hung over balconies :eek: and the 'get your tits out' brigade were in force when you walked past to the sunset strip :rolleyes:

I might be getting confused tho cos it's a while since I was down there and there's loads of hotels in that area, some better than others.

yeah i definately think youre mistanken! This hotel is very small, doesnt have that many rooms and isnt loud at all, very nice rooms and i know cuz i went in the last time and envied those who stayed there, not only cuz of the location but cuz off the lack of noize and comfortable surroundings!

Ibiza-girlie said:
yeah i definately think youre mistanken! This hotel is very small, doesnt have that many rooms and isnt loud at all, very nice rooms and i know cuz i went in the last time and envied those who stayed there, not only cuz of the location but cuz off the lack of noize and comfortable surroundings!

It was quite a small hotel the one I was on about, but I couldn't be sure we're talking about the same one, I'm sure you'll enjoy anyway.

i really find it disturbing that people base their whole opinion of san antonio on a few square yards of turf known as the west end. thankfully people aren't put off going to new york because it has harlem or the bronx, LA because of compton, london because of brixton, or ibiza town because of the gitanos in sa penya or the moors in figueretes.

there's plenty of room in san an for everybody to enjoy themselves and personally i have never ever encountered any trouble there - i wouldn't have taken my old folks there last night if that had been the case!

I was actually referring to the West End as being an undesirable place to be not San An as a whole - but that's probably because I'm over 25 and have got the 'let's get inebriated' thing out of my system. I love Mambo, Kanya, Coastline, the harbour and of course, the unbelieveab :lol: le sunsets - in fact, there's only one tiny part of Ibiza I'm not into, and that's the West End!

I think there is a lot of confusion over this topic.

For two me and the misus love the sunset strip, and unfortunately have discovered very little else of San An.

We have been through the West End, to see what it was like, and even stopped somehwere for a drink, but the place was empty (presumably there had been a fight or something), and stunk of vomit and disinfectant.

This is not the sort of environment we enjoy. ie; "The West End", which I personally think of as a seperate entity to San An.

That's my view only.

I think no differently to the people who go out in West End than those who party in Space or Pacha. If a few guys shout 'get yer tits out' or whatever at my misus, I would find it amusing, so would Shelley. I can understand though that some girls would be offended.

:D :D :D :D

Back