Sad day for Norway

I think the point you were trying to prove has horribly backfired Jay...

Thanks for talking sense Ritter..and very sorry to hear the shocking news. I hope the bastard gets what coming to him, one way or another..

The point I was trying to prove is that it is the law of the land. The people of Norway are the ones to make changes if they see fit.

I think the best way to punish him, is to ignore him.. Never let him say another word to anyone again. Forget his name and his agenda. Because that is the opposite of what he wanted to achieve with this sick mission.

I think the best way to punish him, is to ignore him.. Never let him say another word to anyone again. Forget his name and his agenda. Because that is the opposite of what he wanted to achieve with this sick mission.

Given the apparent nature of the man, his apparent motives and the fact that he did not kill himself at the end of his spree, I think there is considerable wisdom in this, imho. To strike at the heart of what is likely to have the most impact on a person thier own value system must be taken into account, however far removed from our own that may be.

It is interesting to see this view come from someone in the country where the crime has been perpetrated and the natural desire for justice or retribution must be strongest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed. That would wipe that smug, self content grin off his face for sure.

I've been at a festival all weekend so hadn't heard about this 'til I overheard a conversation today. Does anyone know what his motives were yet?

I've been at a festival all weekend so hadn't heard about this 'til I overheard a conversation today. Does anyone know what his motives were yet?

Cant remember exactly what it was but i know it angered me hearing it :evil: as low and behold it was a bl**dy ridicoulous motive :evil:

Just horrific!

I have clients in Oslo and Port of Drammen (approx 5 miles from Utoya Island)

And we were speaking this week, and they are just numb, cant get their heads around it.

so sad!!!

Back