⭕ Rooftop Bars

Back in the days, Sandys at the beginning of the restaurant road was fun, but its gone for some time now.

Sol Beach House or Aigües d'Eivissa

- the famous Tirapalla
Went to Tirapalla, great atmosphere, but not the view I hoped for (I wanted to see the harbor from above, not just Dalt Vila).

I remember there was a place in 2019 serving drinks in a garden with a terrific view right below the cathedral. I think found it again this time, but it seems it is now an event location belonging to the El Corsario restaurant (maybe I should have tried crashing the wedding reception(?) that was going on there LOL).

So to reiterate the question - is there any place where you can have drinks outside enjoying a view to the harbor similar to the view from next to the cathedral?

Went to Tirapalla, great atmosphere, but not the view I hoped for (I wanted to see the harbor from above, not just Dalt Vila).

I remember there was a place in 2019 serving drinks in a garden with a terrific view right below the cathedral. I think found it again this time, but it seems it is now an event location belonging to the El Corsario restaurant (maybe I should have tried crashing the wedding reception(?) that was going on there LOL).

So to reiterate the question - is there any place where you can have drinks outside enjoying a view to the harbor similar to the view from next to the cathedral?

you mean kyupddido which isn't anymore

I could've posted it on Hotel discussion thread or Restaurant reviews but I want to give a push to this thread so here it goes...

Sky of Salia @ Can Salia Hotel, Port des Torrent
( formerly known as Marina Palace Prestige )

Sky of Salia is the rooftop terrace of the 4-star Can Salia Hotel, located right next to the bay's best seafood restaurant Can Pujol, and from now on a favourite sunset spot for me.

IMG_20220529 (1) - copia.jpg

Once on the fourth floor of the hotel, you step out onto a stunning rooftop terrace with an infinity pool and a bar from where you can enjoy breathtaking views of the sunset.

IMG_20220529 (2) - copia.jpg

World Family Ibiza were in charge of the deco, music and welcome ritual for last night's event so the experience was extra special.

IMG_20220529 (5) - copia.jpg

To match their cocktails (I highly recommend the hierbas ibicencas mojito!), the rooftop bar's menu offers tasty little snacks by the kitchen team from onsite restaurant Taste of Salia, which works with local producers and uses mostly seasonal KM0 ingredients.

IMG_20220529 (6) - copia.jpg

Sky of Salia is open from 7pm to outside visitors with weekly events (usually on tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays).

IMG_20220529 (7) - copia.jpg

Rooftop Nine @ INNSiDE Ibiza, San Antonio Bay
( formerly known as Sol House Ibiza )

INNSiDE Ibiza is a 4-star hotel right on Cala Pinet beach, surrounded by the likes of my beloved El Kiosko, the new Salvaje (with live music every saturday) or the famous Reggae bar.

IMG_20220602 (6) - copia.jpg

I must admit I haven't been up there since Sol House Ibiza was run by Ibiza Rocks. Those two summers (2016 and 2017) they put up great events and that rooftop terrace, with its infinity pool and its stunning views all over the bay, became one of the highlights of the area, which haven't stopped improving ever since thanks to various hotel owners leading the change. Since then the Meliá hotel chain has rebranded it as INNSiDE Ibiza and it looks better than ever.

IMG_20220602 (3) - copia.jpg

The reason for my visit was to attend to the event Made in Ibiza, the official opening of Rooftop Nine. They invited dj legend Alfredo and the violinist B-Linda to soundtrack the evening, it included a special collaboration with Adlib designer Virgina Vald and even a table with all sorts of traditional Ibiza munchies... it doesn't get anymore Ibiza than this. Actually, it could but no sunset this time as it was cloudy and dark so the pictures don't make justice to how beautiful the place is.

IMG_20220602 (1) - copia.jpg

Their main restaurant, Mascalzone, is downstairs while at the rooftop they serve a variety of finger food, the sea bass being my favourite (although the liquid croquette with sobrasada was bombastic!).

IMG_20220602 (9) - copia.jpg

Rooftop Nine opens at 12:30pm to outside visitors. Their weekly programme (still TBA) will include local artists' exhibitions, live music, etc.

IMG_20220602 (8) - copia.jpg

Looking forward to return and enjoy a proper sunset from there.

Back