rock bars in San Antonio ?

ask Dee snider :D

in ibz town u got this bar , still havent time to have a go but will keep this adress when ill be on clubbing retirement next year? :confused:
1380824_1406582642909655_758736792_n.jpg

so sad to hear about Penguin rock bar some powerful nights in there best of our lives
my son was introduced to delicate Keltic rock of Thin Lizzy and Gary Moore in that very bar
to this day he still talks about swallowing large amounts of Heirbas and rolling back to his mum at Highlander like a buckled wheel
minus flip flops and an odd swollen toe !!! :) suc happy days
thank you for the memories
best wishes for the future

Huge News Just In:

Ground Zero Opening party this Tuesday night has also become the Pinguin closing party! As such, it's only fitting that Marco Schraven DJ's at Ground Zero for the first time ever!
Pinguin's own Marco will be DJing live for us from midnight 'til closing with the help of his "son" Jordan. Make sure you're here to help us celebrate this iconic event!

31961473_10160500270730232_1822009557430304768_n.jpg

Ian Cognito said:
And now the time has come to part ways. Ground Zero, may thee always stand proud as the Rock Bastion I created. Sadfully, I bid thee, Farewell. Ian.
Ian Grantham said:
Quick annoucement, Ladies and Gents.

As Ian posted yesterday, Ground Zero has indeed changed hands. As he also mentioned, Ground Zero will be open this season from May 8th so fear not! You can still pay us a visit for all your alternative musical needs or a sneaky Weedkiller or Jesus Juice. Don't worry, we're still here doing what we do best!

Just to introduce myself if i may, my name is Ian. Some of you probably know me as Beard. For any of you that don't know me, i'm the hairy one that's been behind the bar/at the door/downstairs or even DJing occasionally for the last 17 years, so if you were afraid that "Ground Zero just won't be the same", then please rest assured that we're not only going to be the same, but hopefully even stronger than before!

So if you were looking for an excuse to get yourself over to the white isle this summer, let this be it! Ground Zero under new, but recognizable management.

I can't end this post without thanking Ian for THIRTY SEVEN years of work striving to make Ground Zero the place that we all know and love.

No, only one... Sa Terrasseta has been taken over by argentinians and won't be a rock bar anymore!

Went to Canrock opening night on Friday, was pretty busy but not packed by the time we got there around 1am. Loved the jukebox which was a blackboard for requests ha.

that was the soft opening as one of the three partners is away to the azkena rock festival, the official one will be on saturday 30!

i was there last night, after the opening of paradiso, and they played all my requests! :D

Just browsing through some old pics and Maxim's from San an bay that I mentioned in this post popped up. I'm back on the island in September. Was thinking of popping over. Anyone know if it's opened as anything else since Maxim's went? I looked on Google earth but don't know if that's up to date?

Shame Maxim's is still shut two years on. Would have thought a location like that would have been filled pretty quickly. I'll check can rock out though. Cheers

apart from ragnaröck, live music lovers have another reason to visit the west end: el refugio (ex-temptation)!

it opens next friday...

64387757_479292919280078_3054516926291116032_n.jpg

Back