rock bars in San Antonio ?

jlw1

good morning troops

as i do every year before my Ibiza holidays in July.

the same old question ......
other than Penguin rock bar is there any other places of Rock pleasure new for this year.
Hogans Rock bar i know is long gone (some cracking nights in there)!
but any news on any new joints for a 48 yr old who loves his Rock but can certainly appreciate a good thumping Bass dance tune.:p
thanks for any info , cheers !

good morning troops

as i do every year before my Ibiza holidays in July.

the same old question ......
other than Penguin rock bar is there any other places of Rock pleasure new for this year.
Hogans Rock bar i know is long gone (some cracking nights in there)!
but any news on any new joints for a 48 yr old who loves his Rock but can certainly appreciate a good thumping Bass dance tune.:p
thanks for any info , cheers !

They have Ground Zero at the bottom of the strip, it's kind of indie rock though....but they had another room when we went in last year that had crazy heavy metal playing! Lol :) unsure where else....

acanthus and colon play mostly rock, at least during the winter, and the live music venue el reencuentro has rock bands playing every now and then...

btw... ground zero, which reopened last night, finally got the live music licence and will have concerts regularly!

Ground Zero still around? I went in 2006 and used to go for pr- drinks before going out out.

yes!

new additions since my previous post:
- xtreme, west end *UPDATE: CLOSED*
- the crypt, west end
- maxim's, san an bay

Last edited:
Maxim's in San an bay is good. Spent a lot of my evenings in may in there.
posted one week ago:

This is the last year for Maxims we are very sorry to say. A series of unrelated events has led us to close the bar and to also relocate back to the UK. As our new chapter starts we would like to thank each and every one of you that has worked with us, visited us, laughed with us, rocked out with us and made it such a fun few years, we love you all and have many fond memories. We will still visit Ibiza so you never know you could still bump into us on your holidays and get plied with Hierbas ;) xxx

good luck in your new venture, jayne + stuart!

Gutted about this news. Great atmosphere I'm there. Where was this posted? Good luck to them both though

Gutting news. Although, this bar was a main factor in me staying in San an Bay or San Antonio. Now it's only Tropi trance bar that may tempt me so maybe this will push me into staying in other areas. North maybe?

Just seen our favourite bar in Ibiza Pinguin Rockbar is now closing due to the new restrictions, they,ve said running a bar there is no longer fun, It will be sad walking past there seeing it shut/ or a different bar.After going there
for years and knowing that Marco and Marith are such genuine people, its a sad loss to the island,
Everything is changing over the last few years and not all in a good way, We renewed our wedding vows on calla bassa beach, when its was a lovely quiet beach, its now a rich persons beach with champagne in buckets everywhere, and a dj playing booming music,
Guess we need to look for a new holiday destination, feeling very sad today

Just seen our favourite bar in Ibiza,is now closing due to the new restrictions, they,ve said running a bar there is no longer fun, It will be sad walking past there seeing it shut/ or a different bar.After going there
for years and knowing that Marco and Marith are such genuine people, its a sad loss to the island,
Everything is changing over the last few years and not all in a good way, We renewed our wedding vows on calla bassa beach, when its was a lovely quiet beach, its now a rich persons beach with champagne in buckets everywhere, and a dj playing booming music,
Guess we need to look for a new holiday destination, feeling very sad today
And I used to work in Cala Bassa,when it was a beach :eek: ...and
Yes Marith & Marco are some great people, will miss them:(

Last edited:
We are sorry to say that we´ve deceided to close the bar due to all the restrictions and changes here,it is no fun anymore and simply doesn´t make sense to continue.We had some great 15 years but it´s time to move on.We would like to say a big thank you to all our customers,locals and tourists,for your support and for making this an unforgettable experience for us.Keep on rockin´ and hopefully we´ll meet again. Cheers to you all,Marco and Marith

28056229_1634626059960142_9117280899636668010_n.jpg

blackbeards in the west end seems to be the new meeting point!

plus sunday afternoons at boulevard for live music, as usual...

Back