Rip

Little Richard, Founding Father of Rock Who Broke Musical Barriers, Dead at 87

rs-239428-little-richard.jpg

Little Richard, a founding father of rock & roll whose fervent shrieks, flamboyant garb, and joyful, gender-bending persona embodied the spirit and sound of that new art form, died Saturday. He was 87. The musician’s son, Danny Jones Penniman, confirmed the pioneer’s death to Rolling Stone. The cause of death was bone cancer, the musician’s lawyer Bill Sobel told Rolling Stone.

Starting with “Tutti Frutti” in 1956, Little Richard cut a series of unstoppable hits – “Long Tall Sally” and “Rip It Up” that same year, “Lucille” in 1957, and “Good Golly Miss Molly” in 1958 – driven by his simple, pumping piano, gospel-influenced vocal exclamations and sexually charged (often gibberish) lyrics. “I heard Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis, and that was it,” Elton John told Rolling Stone in 1973. “I didn’t ever want to be anything else. I’m more of a Little Richard stylist than a Jerry Lee Lewis, I think. Jerry Lee is a very intricate piano player and very skillful, but Little Richard is more of a pounder.”
click on the RS link for full review!
RollingStone link

i'm so lonesome i could cry ? the cover of classic Hank Willams senior hit by Little Richard with some drums percussion ?

Hank's tune is ?

Leroy & stitch soundtrack to refresh people memories
remember ze KING!!!

Last edited:
and as if we didn't have enough already this week...

pascal FEOS too :(

Back