Rip

unlike you JV (and to a lesser extent me), most people don't read the guardian though (as Corbyn found to his cost at the election...)

most people get their news and music off Heart FM or whatever. how would any of them have ever even heard of some niche electronic guy. perhaps through eurovision at a stretch. so it ain't that surprising really.

this is the thing I increasingly understand and failed to get during my angry rant years. most people occupy parallel universes

most people get their news and music off Heart FM or whatever. how would any of them have ever even heard of some niche electronic guy. perhaps through eurovision at a stretch. so it ain't that surprising really.

I'd imagine loads of people have heard the track without knowing what it's called or who it's by. I'm sure I've heard it on trailers on TV before...

I'd imagine loads of people have heard the track without knowing what it's called or who it's by. I'm sure I've heard it on trailers on TV before...

ah ok if it was used on ads, tv etc that's a different story...

a lot of the music I like did actually get co-opted by the BBC for sports coverage . one guy i know gets tidy royalties for a track which features on a cookery programme. the holy grail these days!

music obit writers are all too busy these days :cry:

was never a massive KW fan but did enjoy stuff like expo and numbers and on a nerdy level I enjoyed the cross-pollination with the US in the 80s - one of those happy accidents of history

that BBC doc about the German underground in the 1970s is fantastic if you're into all this. well worth a watch.

music obit writers are all too busy these days :cry:

was never a massive KW fan but did enjoy stuff like expo and numbers and on a nerdy level I enjoyed the cross-pollination with the US in the 80s - one of those happy accidents of history

that BBC doc about the German underground in the 1970s is fantastic if you're into all this. well worth a watch.
What documentary is that? Please.

Back