Rip

At least Shane McGowan won't have to hear the politically correct brigade massacering his song this Christmas. I sincerely hope he and Kirsty McColl are sat somewhere nice drinking a pint of their chosen beverage and belting out Fairytale of New York how it was always meant to be sung- loud and rather drunkenly!

Went to see her once in Benidorm, after dropping a cracker of a pill beforehand. (This was over 20 years ago.) Just remember running out of there once I started coming up. :lol: RIP
Sticky Vicky was the tame family friendly sex show. The outrageous acts that followed her or the other bars trying to compete with her name was something else…

Sticky Vicky was the tame family friendly sex show. The outrageous acts that followed her or the other bars trying to compete with her name was something else…

I wouldn't know... But remember being advised by a couple of lads not to see a particular filthy show. Fortunately I was too distracted by other things that holiday.

Went to see her once in Benidorm, after dropping a cracker of a pill beforehand. (This was over 20 years ago.) Just remember running out of there once I started coming up. :lol: RIP

I have a similar story. Except my mate had to go and throw up so we went in the nearest bar and I had to stand outside the toilet watching a man in a darth vader helmet fake-nobbing a woman dressed as Princess Leia. The picture above might be the advert for it?? 1 night in Benidorm was enough to ensure I would never go back

I have a similar story. Except my mate had to go and throw up so we went in the nearest bar and I had to stand outside the toilet watching a man in a darth vader helmet fake-nobbing a woman dressed as Princess Leia. The picture above might be the advert for it?? 1 night in Benidorm was enough to ensure I would never go back

I actually really enjoyed that one week in Benidorm. I'm guessing it's because pills were quite new to me and the ones on offer there were ace. Objectively thinking about it now, there's not much else good about Benidorm... Those bars in the square all played awful music. I wonder if it's changed much in 20 years? I do know people who go back every year. I might go to Alicante next year, as it looks a bit more.. Spanish... and I've heard good things about it. Maybe needs another thread!

I actually really enjoyed that one week in Benidorm. I'm guessing it's because pills were quite new to me and the ones on offer there were ace. Objectively thinking about it now, there's not much else good about Benidorm... Those bars in the square all played awful music. I wonder if it's changed much in 20 years? I do know people who go back every year. I might go to Alicante next year, as it looks a bit more.. Spanish... and I've heard good things about it. Maybe needs another thread!
I'd definitely recommend Alicante. Some really good places to eat and drink.
When I went last year in May it was mainly only Spanish tourists and locals.
Very reasonably priced as well. Great place for a short break.

I find myself there every year for a stag do 😳 it's definitely the same as it was 10 years ago - so I'm guessing won't have changed much from 20.
I absolutely hate the pills there, not real but hit very hard with whatever is in them.
This year after an early arrival I lost* my complete suitcase before I'd even checked in to my apartment. Difficult 4 days to say the least

*stolen outside a hotel reception as I went to the toilet 🙈🙈🙈

Back