Rip

Over a week ago now but RIP Simon DK, free party and quality house legend from DIY Soundsystem. Never a free party attendee myself but heard some great sets at The Bomb in Nottingham and other backrooms the collective played in the nineties. Worth checking out his mixes for music with soul......

helen watson, fairy godmother to ibiza cancer patients

I am not old enough to have experienced Sinead O'Connor. She was impossibly famous at the height of what I would refer to as "The MTV Generation", and for someone who was all of 10 years old in 1990 I didn't have the life experience that would give me perspective; not until 30 years later.

I played this song though... This is my best way of saying goodbye to someone who has introduced so much meaning for so many. She was absolutely awe inspiring.

Goodbye, Ms. O'Connor. Your soul looks down on us from heaven, and you will not be forgotten.

i’m sure he has his own agenda but the point about media hypocrisy is true though...

example below:

The media hypocrisy only matches his own. This is the guy who went on American TV wearing an EDL pin badge, has talked in the media about letting refugees drown in the Channel, dragged his cancer-stricken drummer through a lengthy court case to try to avoid paying royalties that he and Johnny Marr had creamed off during The Smith's heyday. I read an interview with Billy Bragg who said that back in the day, even in the midst of working with WOMAD, War Child etc, there were unsavoury rumours about stuff Morrissey was saying and many of the artists from back then feel he was deceiving them all along and was only working with charities to pander to his existing fan base in order to sell more tickets and albums. Morrissey should shut up and f*** off. For everyone's sake.

Back