Rip

Ann Shulgin passed away on Saturday, July 9 at the age of 91.
Ann was a psychedelic researcher and author who worked with psychedelics such as MDMA and 2C-B as a lay-therapist while they were still legal. Ann is well-known for co-authoring PiHKAL: A Chemical Love Story and TiHKAL: The Continuation with her late husband, Alexander "Sasha" Shulgin.

Watched this on amazon about them both. Interesting people 🙌

Aah man. Way too young The kids will never know how much joy the Mondays brought into our lives. I remember buying this oversized psychedelic hoody tee, which looked like a cape, from some discount store on Twickenham High St and my mum binned it the next day. Ha! Beyond all the horseplay so talented too. You can just feel the funk and groove ooze through those records. Nobody else was doing that and for a while noone else came close. RIP

Sad news.
I don’t think you get more Manc than the Mondays. Even if they do hail from over the river.
Listening to Hallelujah a lot today. I’m due a 24Hr Party People rewatch as well.

What a day. Wow. History right there. People will disagree of course but given how the UK's reputation has been dragged through the shit in recent years I'd say she was maybe the last British institution the whole world still respected. Whether tampon man commands the same affection of course is another matter..

Back