Review: Pukka Up Boat party

Just got back from a holiday in Ibiza (8th – 12th August). On the Tuesday my flat mates and I did the Pukka up boat (2 girls, 2 guys). We got the day boat from Playa D'en Bossa. If I'm honest we we're very nervous. Having seen some videos online it looked a bit too chavvy for our liking. Well we were completely wrong. We turned up at Tantra waiting for our wristbands; everyone who turned up seemed really chilled and relaxed. There were Italians, Spanish, Germans, and a few groups of British (Ages I would say 20-35). The Pukka up girls soon followed and handed out wristbands. The first thing we notice is that you have to be in Space before 11pm (slightly annoying) but no biggy as Space is an amazing place.

After collecting our wristbands we all walked down to Bora Bora beach, we were expecting to get on the boat from a jetty or harbour. Not the case. Be prepared to get very wet. You have to walk out in the sea (about chest depth – I'm 6ft btw) to a smaller speed boat that ferries you out to the main boat. My recommendation is to wear beach wear, and take a water resistant bag to throw your camera, wallets, sun cream in etc. We were the first ones on the boat and its very cool, more of a Catamaran where you can all sit on the front watching the beautiful scenery pass buy or chill in the back where there is a bar and DJ (tunes were great btw). I wouldn't call this a party boat as such, more of a chilled boat but you can still have a little groove in the back should you wish. The bar is free, for Beer and Sangria, the BBQ was great and fresh watermelon for a desert. The whole trip was really relaxed with no one acting yobbish or drunk. It's a great feeling waving all the other boats passing by. When we arrived in St Antonio is was a bit of a shock, lots of yobbish Brits underage acting drunk. Luckily there was a free bus ready to take us straight back to Playa D'en Bossa.

All in all a great boat trip and well worth the money. Even at the 65 Euros we spent.

Some pics
28162510150745936500005.jpg

26728410150745937170005.jpg

22883710150745937060005.jpg

22378510150745938365005.jpg

22364710150745936075005.jpg

19866610150745936420005.jpg

19865410150745939165005.jpg

18404610150745936815005.jpg

Great post and pics there.
I didn't realise it had free beer and sangria, makes it sound quite good, mite consider doing it.
I like the idea of it being chilled

Great post and pics there.
I didn't realise it had free beer and sangria, makes it sound quite good, mite consider doing it.
I like the idea of it being chilled

Cheers,

The evening boats from St Antonio (according to the Pukka up girls themselves) are a lot more hectic if your into that kind of thing. They said they preferred working on the day boat as it was a lot more relaxing.

Can anyone review the daytime (PDB) party or advise re the post above?

I have booked two tix at the earlybird price, but a recent video search has revealed reasons why I may be considering getting a refund-

4 seconds in :confused:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqyjakMpIoU

If that is the cliental, then I am slightly worried as at 39 years old, with resonable life experience, would not be happy sharing a confined space with these lot for 4 hours:!:

Are you given a wristband (without limits) for the free entry to Coxy? I certainly dont want to be herded around by some 18/30 style repyob all day and eve.

Hi,

I have been on several pukka up boat parties this season but unfortunately I cannot comment on the PDB one as I have only gone on the one´s from San An.

Although it is hard to tell what the cliental will be like each week the main aim of pukka up is to attract a classier holiday maker, however you will of course get the odd ´chav´ and regarding age the crowd is usually from 18-30. The crowd is a steady mix of men and women with the women on the whole making an effort and the men tend to just be guys having a good time. (not rowdy)

The boat party is great value and a nice change to a normal day/eve as you effectively get a boat party and transfer thrown in with a club ticket for about 15 euros extra, so for that reason it is worth it.

The music is uplifting house and this year they have been playing tracks such as One by Swedish House Mafia, Raise your weapon by Deadmau5, Adele - rolling in the deep (remix) and so on, and there is a great atmosphere on the top deck of the boat with everybody dancing on the chairs. On top of this the routes the boats take are really scenic and a nice change from san an beach. The boat in the video is different from the San An boats as it is more suitable for a day time trip as I am assuming people are able to jump off at some point and swim?

Hope that helps. x

this year they have been playing tracks such as One by Swedish House Mafia, Raise your weapon by Deadmau5, Adele - rolling in the deep (remix) and so on,

that's me off the list for sure, then !! Cheers, Hanwan ;)

Drinks prices last year were very reasonable, about the same price as a city centre bar in England

all i want to know is there limitless sangria and bbq included in the ticket price from PDB??
:)

all i want to know is there limitless sangria and bbq included in the ticket price from PDB??
:)

Yea free Sangria and BBQ on the PDB boat, Drink prices are pretty terrible to be honest, €6 euros for the smallest / weakest voddy and coke I've ever seen, here's a review I wrote:

We rolled up to Playa D'en Bossa's Tantra Bar at 12:00 on a cloudy and windy Tuesday, there where 4 other people already waiting and the bar was closed, there wasn't even any Pukka up people there – we where worried that we'd made a mistake until people started showing up 1 by 1.

Due to the weather we where told that we'd be jumping on the boat in San Antonio, so all 50 of us piled upon a bus and headed to the other side of the island, the bus was quiet and everyone seemed like they didn't know how to party, that was until we jumped aboard.

Once we'd settled down on the catamaran (Which seemed a bit too posh to party on) it all got better. DJ Sam Walker cranked the tunes as we headed out of the San Antonio harbour and continued to throw out some anthems – without getting cheesy – throughout the 4 hours that we where at sea.

The clouds started to part and the hot Ibiza sun battered down on the boat as we bobbed around by a large cliff in the Balearic sea. People were jumping in and enjoying the warm sea or getting tanked up on the free bar (for beer and sangria – avoid the mixers – €6 euros, with pathetic measures of alcohol by UK standards, let alone Ibiza…)

By about 4 we were all hungry so the free BBQ got underway with tasty burgers and sausages freshly grilled, and for the vegetarians there was lettuce and tomatoes – haha!

I was with my girlfriend on the boat, but if I where a single man I'd be in my element, men where in the minority with about 10 blokes on the boat, heavily outnumbered by beautiful girls all up for a party. And that's not even including the lovely Pukka Up girls.

After a lot of dancing, partying, drinking and eating burgers we were headed back for San Antonio, everyone had a great time and many new friends were made. We all got back to the island and had to endure a long wait for the bus (Pukka Up had no control over this so it certainly didn't taint our thoughts on the day). We then all headed to Space for Carl Cox's Revolution at Space.

Overall, an excellent day out, a great way to meet new friends or *ahem* pull, and excellent value when you consider that your ticket price includes the boat party, free beer, free BBQ and entrance into one of the hottest nights at Space included. We'll be jumping aboard again the next time we're in Ibiza!

I already have a ticket but is this an advert????

(sorry for the capitals but keyboard is broken)

I already have a ticket but is this an advert????

Did the keyboard break whilst you were reading it :lol: ? There you go, you see Hally - if you can't pull in those circumstances you haven't pukka'd up enough :p !! I think the sausage % probably changes a fair bit tho' from trip to trip (just to add a bit of expectations management to the mix !!)

when i first read ur post i was thinking to myself why would they change the sausage % of the BBQ lol

on Great Music = Sausage Fest thread ...
Excluding the time I went with my (then) wife in 2002 the last time I got laid in Ibiza was in 1995 (despite going 15 times since then). Is that some kind of record?

Some posts just stick in your mind in sympathy !!

If i have any success i will let you know straight away. I wouldn't hold your breath though!!

i already have a ticket but is this an advert????

i can only write in capitals but for so_e reason they co_e out lower case here, which is nice.

( i can't type the letter between l and n either)

If i have any success i will let you know straight away. I wouldn't hold your breath though!!

Nothing like starting out with a positive attitude :rolleyes: .. you need to have a word with yourself, Mr Hall !! Open your pheromonal wings and send out some quiet f**k me now vibes.. you might be coming back singing a different and happy song with a bit of effort ! :)

'you are a hot ginger sex god, your love is a gift. You are a hot ginger sex god, your love is a gift'

brace yourselves west end slappers of the world

Back