Review: Pukka Up Boat party

Last year after the boat party we were told to go over to Plastik to get our wristbands which they put on your wrist themselves! Wether or not your could rip it off and still sell it on im not sure. Then everyone had a few drinks in Plastik til the buses turned up to take everyone to Space. If you were to sell it on then im pretty sure the person would have to get on the bus and go into Space with the rest of the Pukka up party where we went into a smallish room for an hour or so then were allowed into the rest of the club

Last year after the boat party we were told to go over to Plastik to get our wristbands which they put on your wrist themselves! Wether or not your could rip it off and still sell it on im not sure. Then everyone had a few drinks in Plastik til the buses turned up to take everyone to Space. If you were to sell it on then im pretty sure the person would have to get on the bus and go into Space with the rest of the Pukka up party where we went into a smallish room for an hour or so then were allowed into the rest of the club

Thanks Rob. You've confirmed my suspicions. If I was to sell it I'd have to do it in the short time between arriving back on dry land and then catching the bus to Space, which would probably be fairly difficult not to mention I probably have to avoid been seen.

Thanks 8)

anyone know what the deal is with the boats leaving from PDB? Since that one is in the afternoon I'm guessing they cut you loose afterwards with a wristband to get into Carl Cox later that night? Also, do those boats return to PDB or do they drop you off in San An?

Pukka Up Boat Party Playa d'en bossa

Is it worth it? Or is it very commercial chavvy as I have read in some reviews.

Is it worth it? Or is it very commercial chavvy as I have read in some reviews.

Can anyone review the daytime (PDB) party or advise re the post above?

I have booked two tix at the earlybird price, but a recent video search has revealed reasons why I may be considering getting a refund-

4 seconds in :confused:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqyjakMpIoU

If that is the cliental, then I am slightly worried as at 39 years old, with resonable life experience, would not be happy sharing a confined space with these lot for 4 hours:!:

Are you given a wristband (without limits) for the free entry to Coxy? I certainly dont want to be herded around by some 18/30 style repyob all day and eve.

Would be interested to hear from anyone who's been.

I like the idea of a boat party but that video clip looked awful! Can't believe how dead it looked, there was no atmosphere! As for the chavvy guys...! :arrow:

Would be interested to hear from anyone who's been.

I like the idea of a boat party but that video clip looked awful! Can't believe how dead it looked, there was no atmosphere! As for the chavvy guys...! :arrow:

Check out McRackin's thread here .. there are masses of boat parties to choose from, more so than ever this year by the looks of it, some being put on by certain very 8) establishments :) ...

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=69834

If that is the cliental, then I am slightly worried as at 39 years old, with resonable life experience, would not be happy sharing a confined space with these lot for 4 hours:!:

See previous post ... there's a possibility you might not be the ideal companion for the other punters on this particular boat party

Are you given a wristband (without limits) for the free entry to Coxy? I certainly dont want to be herded around by some 18/30 style repyob all day and eve.

:lol::lol::lol: - Do you think they might just want to be sure you're sufficiently contained not to run off and sell your wristband on the way to Space in some way :?:

Cannot say I speak from personal experience of what happens in practice of late and have slid firmly the wrong side of the Club 18-30s age barrier ....

See previous post ... there's a possibility you might not be the ideal companion for the other punters on this particular boat party
Yeah, it aint us that party. Cancellation pending

:lol::lol::lol: - Do you think they might just want to be sure you're sufficiently contained not to run off and sell your wristband on the way to Space in some way :?:

Thing is that i want to go to Coxy!!!

Thing is that i want to go to Coxy!!!

Why not just buy a ticket to Space and have a nice time beforehand swilling some nice drinks in pleasant surroundings at Nassau/La Plage/Sands etc. (or whichever has a good night on), with mercy stop at the very reasonable 'we speak Russian' red bull/vodka bar just off the main road leading back towards town from Space (beach side), to stoke up on dancefloor fuel for the night ??

Can then do a boat party that really floats your boat another day ?>

Can anyone review the daytime (PDB) party or advise re the post above?

I have booked two tix at the earlybird price, but a recent video search has revealed reasons why I may be considering getting a refund-

4 seconds in :confused:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqyjakMpIoU

MMM I feel your pain, that's the same video that put me off, shame cause the concept is awesome :lol:

Could have just been a particularly poor combo of punters in that vid tho' to be fair ? Some people seem to have enjoyed it :

http://www.dance-euphoria.co.uk/2011/07/pukka-up-boat-party-ibiza-2011-review.html

The "Pukka Up girls" sure had their work cut out for them that day .. do think a huge bowl of punch and drinking games 18-30s/Punta Arabi-stylee are more natural corollaries to the image - bums oot the windee everyone ?

As to the music - I do wonder whether the natural match wouldn't be more Judgement Sunday rather than Revolution, but hey ho, Coxy manages to keep a great range of people happy even if the link-up may send confusing signals.. PU Boat def. pitched more at the 20s than the 30s imo..

Thanks for everyone's input and advice on this.

I decided to cancel in the end, I just couldnt take the risk, shame really as I had got earlybird tix at 35 euros.

Roll on September.

Back