Restaurant reviews 2020/2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to La Gaia the other night, best culinary experience I’ve ever had. We’ve been to Michelin starred restaurants before in the UK but never had service like this, and not stuffy either, everyone really friendly and joking along the way.
We met Oscar Molina as he seems to attend part of the experience where you’re served a couple of starters which is a nice touch.
Some of the courses were indescribable, like nothing I’ve ever tasted before. Food overall was the nicest meal I’ve eaten, beautiful.
Expensive, but for a special occasion I couldn’t recommend it highly enough.

Went to La Gaia the other night, best culinary experience I’ve ever had. We’ve been to Michelin starred restaurants before in the UK but never had service like this, and not stuffy either, everyone really friendly and joking along the way.
We met Oscar Molina as he seems to attend part of the experience where you’re served a couple of starters which is a nice touch.
Some of the courses were indescribable, like nothing I’ve ever tasted before. Food overall was the nicest meal I’ve eaten, beautiful.
Expensive, but for a special occasion I couldn’t recommend it highly enough.
Yeah it's very good... just hoping they change the menus soon.

So first two reviews of my trip:

space eat and dance: fantastic! please go there. Building looks really nice and has a dj playing great desert sounds (think keinemusik) at a loud volume. but most importantly: GREAT food. miss loco loved the rich ceasars salad (more ceasar than salad) but the highlight was my corvina (fish) in a hawai style with coconut rice and pineapple. bliss! and at very reasonable 28 eur (salad at 24). recommended!

golden buddha: delicious prawn curry, only dave philips at boutique hostal did a better one. pizza good. food was there quick, but service was as abysmal as some here mentioned. our empty plates never left the table before us, and the waitress used literally 7 words and never even looked at us :)

on sa caleta - it's a lovely place and I love their café caleta, but the food quality sadly hasn't been up there with the best for a while now. I am sure I said that a year or two ago already.

Anyone else been this year? @stivi do you know when it will close?

fish shack delicious again today. quick story how great the boss of it is, you'll laugh.
first, after an unusual long wait he apologized as the waitress forgot our order, so brought us 4 king prawns on the house. but the best bit:
after only four or five bites of my sea bass I pressed my knife to hard onto the plate while cutting, causing the whole plate to topple off into my lap, spilling the delicious fish everywhere, parts of it onto the floor, parts if it I managed to catch but completely mash between my hands :D
Now the boss saw it all standing next to me, he laughed at me and did a little dance haha but immediately he promised me another, completeley fresh bass and showed me to his own wash basin. So shortly after my clumsy move which was all my fault, I got a fresh fish without having to pay for the spilled one. legend!!! :)

-What are your plans for the future?

Duane Lineker - We are betting heavily on the gastronomic sector. Without going any further, this year we have opened three medium-high level restaurants and it is likely that we will open another one. This is being possible thanks to what we were talking about a moment ago, Sant Antoni's commitment to better quality tourism. Undoubtedly, it has been a great year of expansion for our company.

-You have talked about your commitment to gastronomy with the opening of several restaurants, which are they?

Tony Truman - We have several. The STK in Ibiza, the Chi Kee Wun, a Japanese fusion cuisine restaurant (where we give a 10% discount to residents), we also have two The Skinny Kitchen, one in Figueretes and one in San Antoni, the Taberna Cebo or the Okasan, which we opened this July next to the Port of Sant Antoni.

-What are your plans for the future?

Duane Lineker - We are betting heavily on the gastronomic sector. Without going any further, this year we have opened three medium-high level restaurants and it is likely that we will open another one. This is being possible thanks to what we were talking about a moment ago, Sant Antoni's commitment to better quality tourism. Undoubtedly, it has been a great year of expansion for our company.

-You have talked about your commitment to gastronomy with the opening of several restaurants, which are they?

Tony Truman - We have several. The STK in Ibiza, the Chi Kee Wun, a Japanese fusion cuisine restaurant (where we give a 10% discount to residents), we also have two The Skinny Kitchen, one in Figueretes and one in San Antoni, the Taberna Cebo or the Okasan, which we opened this July next to the Port of Sant Antoni.

Why am I not surprised that they've opened a Japanese style restaurant with the awful name of Chi-Ki-Wun

Jeez

So first two reviews of my trip:

space eat and dance: fantastic! please go there. Building looks really nice and has a dj playing great desert sounds (think keinemusik) at a loud volume. but most importantly: GREAT food. miss loco loved the rich ceasars salad (more ceasar than salad) but the highlight was my corvina (fish) in a hawai style with coconut rice and pineapple. bliss! and at very reasonable 28 eur (salad at 24). recommended!

golden buddha: delicious prawn curry, only dave philips at boutique hostal did a better one. pizza good. food was there quick, but service was as abysmal as some here mentioned. our empty plates never left the table before us, and the waitress used literally 7 words and never even looked at us :)
Might give Space a go. Hoping I can just rock up for a table rather than booking ahead (unless it gets really busy).

Any other suggestions for good places to eat for lone diners btw? I’ll be solo in San An for the next few days and want to eat well without looking utterly friendless.

I eat out solo a lot, so not sure if that makes me over-qualified or the worst person to ask, but adding to the above suggestions I would also say El Ricon de Pepe and Bondi

Any other suggestions for good places to eat for lone diners btw? I’ll be solo in San An for the next few days and want to eat well without looking utterly friendless.
I think you could have a good evening at Hostel la Torre. Book in advance, and I think they'd find you a nice spot to take in the sunset. It's chilled out enough to plot up alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back