Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very brief rundown on some of the places we ate at during our stay

Sushipoint {Ibiza Town}
NOT my choice, but somewhere recommend by some others in our group. Decent sushi, but nothing special. The restaurant is nice if your looking for somewhere a bit smarter in the harbor. However, it is quite expensive and I wouldn't return any time soon.

Tapas {San Antonio}
Outstanding Tapas as always. I have eaten here four times (twice during this trip) and every time the food and drinks have been excellent. Very reasonably priced food and a nice setting.

Kumharas {San Antonio Bay-ish}
Personally, this is one of my favorite places on the island for a few drinks and sunset, as its extremely picturesque and has somehow managed to not become a tourist trap in the same way Cafe Mambo and Cafe Del Mar have. The food on this trip was again excellent - I would recommend the lamb tikka masala. The prices here are pretty average.

La Bodega {Ibiza Town}
We finally got around to trying this place (twice on this trip), and we were not disappointed. The best tapas I have eaten on the island. A little more pricey than Tapas in San Antonio, but it is a nicer restaurant and it does have more atmosphere. If you do want to get a table during peak time, I would recommend that the male members of the party ask as they are more likely to get somewhere than any female :D. The staff here are a great laugh and both times left us with a bottle of Limoncello which we duly polished off.

Ibiza Rocks {San Antonio}
Standard trip here on a night where you want to eat on a budget. Chicken in pitta with two sides and a beer came to around €15 so I can't complain.

Can Pilot {San Rafael}
Visited this restaurant thanks to a recommendation from @stivi and we were not disappointed. You get the feeling that this is a true locals restaurant and it was very, very busy! The staff here are fantastic and clearly enjoy where they work. They also have a very good knowledge of the menu and are happy to assist. The T bone steak here is incredible and at €21 pp was exceptional value for money.

Fish Shack {Talamanca}
Similar to La Bodega, after meaning to go for some time we finally got around to visiting Fish Shack. We arrived around 18:00 and were seated immediately. We both ordered sea bass and it was delicious. We paid €20 each for the fish, so not the cheapest on the island but arguably the best - especially when you consider the setting.

sorry if in the wrong thread but here goes....a group of 10 have hired a boat for next saturday june 10th and would like to stop off for some lunch at a beach restaurant!! this would obviously need the restaurants to either have docking facilty or a tender boat?
if anyone has any ideas or recommendations it would be very welcome :)
ideally in the southern half of the island

tropicana
yemanja
blue marlin
(all in cala jondal)

es torrent
es xarcu
(around the bay from cala jondal, both very expen$ive)

not sure if the ones in cala d'hort do dinghy service

Amante Sunday
Starters not great loads of fish !
Mains ok selection
Desert went for the chesse cake best bit of the meal

3 adults 1 child 1 dog €200

Food was not tasty enough to warrant the bill .

Great view though !

Anyone know what Calma is like? Looks like a nice spot even just for a few drinks but curious on what the prices are like and what the foods like?

I always go for drinks there - or breakfast. never had a proper meal, but foods does look quite nice when I look at the other tables. I think it´s OK price wise for ibiza standards. the views from calma are some of the best you can get.

yup. I find it nicest in the morning when it´s quiet or then in the evening really.

Think I may try going of a morning then, sounds nice.

This may sound stupid but when you say morning I assume you mean the standard 9/11am type of morning and not something similar to evening meals which tend to be a lot later? Don't want to arrive at 10am to find its still shut!

Agree with each single word of Stivi regarding Sa Calma. And we have always enjoyed the dinner (meal and service). I would also recommend to use the taxi boat if you come from Ibiza town.

This may sound stupid but when you say morning I assume you mean the standard 9/11am type of morning and not something similar to evening meals which tend to be a lot later? Don't want to arrive at 10am to find its still shut!

it'll be open at 10am for sure

Agree with each single word of Stivi regarding Sa Calma. And we have always enjoyed the dinner (meal and service). I would also recommend to use the taxi boat if you come from Ibiza town.
I hadn't thought of this, glad you mentioned it! I was planning on taking the half hour walk around the port! :spank:

What are peoples thoughts on the best between Sa Punta, Ginger or Patchwork? We are keen on eating over that way one night, but not sure which one to choose?

Also, what about:

Las Dos Dunas
Cova Santa
KM5
La Dispensa
Beachouse (lunch)
Nassau (lunch)

.....these are all places we are considering for a meal

He's on spanish time aregandj,you stick to your time and you'll be fine for breakfast,lunch and dinner as for siesta:rolleyes: there for wimps;)

The veiw from calma is great,nice to walk there in early morning id have eggs,coffee and dos cana all before 11am:)

What are peoples thoughts on the best between Sa Punta, Ginger or Patchwork? We are keen on eating over that way one night, but not sure which one to choose?

I'd go for the main restaurant but ask for a space for a cocktail on the terrace (I think that is where the Lebanese food is served) beforehand so you get the views over to D'alt Vila.

Anyone know what Calma is like? Looks like a nice spot even just for a few drinks but curious on what the prices are like and what the foods like?

I like it there, they do an amazing starter with truffles and eggs.
Like Stivi says - prices are fine, considering the setting and the standard of the food - much more of a spanish vibe, not as wanky as some of the posh expensive places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back