Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a tight so and so, and would rather spend my hard earned cash on things other than 30EUR burgers at Mambo and the like.

Where would you lovely Spotlight folks recommend I try for food on a budget? All suggestions welcome, any "local" haunts more than welcome.

Will be staying in San Antonio at the start of Sept

I'm a tight so and so, and would rather spend my hard earned cash on things other than 30EUR burgers at Mambo and the like.

Where would you lovely Spotlight folks recommend I try for food on a budget? All suggestions welcome, any "local" haunts more than welcome.

Will be staying in San Antonio at the start of Sept
ritas

Can Nuts in Cala Llonga is excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
ES Mercat is a gem in ibz town :cool:
Cheap ,tapas r wicked for this new restaurant.
Our place in ibz town,back today after being yesterday :D
I 've reach place on my list some were shut down :spank:
We ate Sa Vida yesterday too ,nice tapas but price is a reason that prevent me from going back :D
We ate As ventall ,always good as usual having postres too :) ..I had my selfies with Sandy Rivera if we didn't went to eatcthst night:confused:

Es Verro, San Antonio
Mediterranean/Thai tapas fusion.
Go after dark but book ahead for large groups.
Setting is so beautiful and romantic - perfect place for couple.
Its seating area back onto the auditorium, so on Sundays you get a free concert. We had a traditional Spanish singer one week, medieval parade the next. Definitely adds to the ambience.
We proper gorged - bread and dips to start, 6/7 dishes to share plus a btl of local Merlot from Can Rich winery = €68. Fantastic food and great value. That is was walking distance to our place was even better.
Only grumble was the service was sometimes found lacking. 2 staff run off their feet with full covers. Waited ages to pay our bill both occasions. Minor issue.
Brownie points for taking the missus here ;)

Es Verro, San Antonio
Mediterranean/Thai tapas fusion.
Go after dark but book ahead for large groups.
Setting is so beautiful and romantic - perfect place for couple.
Its seating area back onto the auditorium, so on Sundays you get a free concert. We had a traditional Spanish singer one week, medieval parade the next. Definitely adds to the ambience.
We proper gorged - bread and dips to start, 6/7 dishes to share plus a btl of local Merlot from Can Rich winery = €68. Fantastic food and great value. That is was walking distance to our place was even better.
Only grumble was the service was sometimes found lacking. 2 staff run off their feet with full covers. Waited ages to pay our bill both occasions. Minor issue.
Brownie points for taking the missus here ;)
Where is this place dude ?

just been back to the booo in es vivé.

while the burgers were really good, I have to say I don't agree to their policy when it comes to sauces.

any sauce you want for your fries, you pay. am not talking any special home made stuff, but you don't even get the regular ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard on the table...which for me and I think for everyone here on the island is a simple standard. you go to a burger joint, you get those three on the table. moreover, the sauces we then ordered really didn't taste the way they should have. barbeque sauce tasted like sauce bolognaise, chily mayo was sweet instead of a bit spicy (as I hoped it would taste). I dunno, maybe we were unlucky with today's sauces, but the fact you don't get the standard stuff (ketchup, mustard and mayo) on the table in a place where everyone orders fries really put me off.

until they change that, I'm not going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back