Resistance 2019

Shame about S&D going in that direction (again) @Springal maybe it's a reflection of the venue / party ? The one time I saw them since they got back together was right at the beginning and it was really great, the dynamic was bang on. Things are bound to evolve I guess, don't think I missed anything there this week !!

@mr_why agree - (when he's on form) D alone can tear a place apart in a way you don't get when S is holding things back. I remember him doing it on Space Terrace one night a few years ago to a slightly sparse crowd and it was absolutely electric. But at the same time he could dish out a rather dry banging set lacking soul, guess everything is a product to some extent of the record box of the week.

Their reunion played behind a sheer curtain actually worked out great for me !

The old Ushuaia sets he did circa 2010 and the odd Kumarhus ones he’s done are what I prefer from Sasha, not fussed about hearing him in a club.

Yeah I find it kinda weird that they don't talk to each other either and stand apart. Don't really get it

Oh man I was at that Kumharas gig in July 2016. Had a nice dinner there then Sasha doing a sunset sesh after. Twas great although you couldn't really see the sunset unless you went closer to the water

Never got the fuss about Sasha at all to be honest. Seen him a few times and always found his sound very generic - like it could be pretty much anyone playing.

I went a was meggggga busy. CDW as she plays hard as f***. Banged it out. Nicole was the highlight for me. Played some mega wonky song at one point but exceptional. Stayed for Richie who was insanely good. Main room rammed literally couldn’t move unless at the back. Didn’t go in vista but took a cab with a fella who said eats everything was full on. Stayed for 10mins of cox but tiredness kicked in. Then decided the ceiling needed painting

I also went so see Enrico last week as a drumcode fan. It was no where near as busy. Testpilot there’s enough noises out there. Left before Maceo but my point is half as full last week. Not much room last night

I went a was meggggga busy. CDW as she plays hard as f***. Banged it out. Nicole was the highlight for me. Played some mega wonky song at one point but exceptional. Stayed for Richie who was insanely good. Main room rammed literally couldn’t move unless at the back. Didn’t go in vista but took a cab with a fella who said eats everything was full on. Stayed for 10mins of cox but tiredness kicked in. Then decided the ceiling needed painting

I also went so see Enrico last week as a drumcode fan. It was no where near as busy. Testpilot there’s enough noises out there. Left before Maceo but my point is half as full last week. Not much room last night
So in a nutshell: it was bad and I did not miss anything? ?

Didn’t go in vista but took a cab with a fella who said eats everything was full on.
[/QUOTE]
Not surprising, he was totaly on fire on opening night playing in Vista (best DJ that night according to me and my GF). Is B2B with CDW was basickly only him playing as he was that good). Crazzzy night.

So in a nutshell: it was bad and I did not miss anything? ?
Not bad, just depends what you like.

I like banging techno but last night I learnt that nine hours of it is too much for me. I think I’ve reached the point where I like a quick burst of Klock with dvs1 at DC10 with more variety going on around them.

At Resistance I wanted to see Charlotte most. However we found it was quite cheesy tbh. Borderline happy hardcore and certainly a hard dance (90s style) vibe about the set. I was disappointed. Speaking of cheese, we decamped and found Eats absolutely banging it out too in Vista, walking to him mixing in Lizard by Mauro Picotto! Best set of the night though after that imo.

I don’t think Nicole worked the crowd at all. It meandered along with all kinds of strange noises. I find she is at her best in a b2b. That’s not something I thought I’d say about anyone but it brings out the best in her imo. The sets she has played with Dubfire and Paco really stood out for me.

Hawtin banged it out and got more crowd reaction. It felt like a release for the crowd after being held back by Nicole.

Obviously Cox stole the show but more on that later.

It was very, very busy in Priv. There was space at the back of the main room, behind the dj box and in front of the Vista bar. But everywhere else was beyond mobbed. The ingress, egress and crowd circulation remains an absolute disgrace in Priv. It’s an accident waiting to happen imo and is no better than it was when I was there for the manumission fire nearly 20 years ago. I think that one day I’m going to wake up and hear there has been a crush or stampede in that venue.

For me Resistance was the weakest of the three events I went to this time. Solomun and Plex were stand outs. Solomun was even better than he was at the Adriatique +1 in June and that was superb. Harvey was fun and as random as you may expect. Resistance was meh with the exception of Eats and Coxy, but I’d lost the will by the time he came on and we scuttled off within half an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad, just depends what you like.

I like banging techno but last night I learnt that nine hours of it is too much for me. I think I’ve reached the point where I like a quick burst of Klock with dvs1 at DC10 with more variety going on around them.

At Resistance I wanted to see Charlotte most. However we found it was quite cheesy tbh. Borderline happy hardcore and certainly a hard dance (90s style) vibe about the set. I was disappointed. Speaking of cheese, we decamped and found Eats absolutely banging it out too in Vista, walking to him mixing in Lizard by Mauro Picotto! Best set of the night though after that imo.

I don’t think Nicole worked the crowd at all. It meandered along with all kinds of strange noises. I find she is at her best in a b2b. That’s not something I thought I’d say about anyone but it brings out the best in her imo. The sets she has played with Dubfire and Paco really stood out for me.

Hawtin banged it out and got more crowd reaction. It felt like a release for the crowd after being held back by Nicole.

Obviously Cox stole the show but more on that later.

It was very, very busy in Priv. There was space at the back of the main room, behind the dj box and in front of the Vista bar. But everywhere else was beyond mobbed. The ingress, egress and crowd circulation remains an absolute disgrace in Priv. It’s an accident waiting to happen imo and is no better than it was when I was there for the manumission fire nearly 20 years ago. I think that one day I’m going to wake up and hear there has been a crush or stampede in that venue.

For me Resistance was the weakest of the three events I went to this time. Solomun and Plex were stand outs. Solomun was even better than he was at the Adriatique +1 in June and that was superb. Harvey was fun and as random as you may expect. Resistance was meh with the exception of Eats and Coxy, but I’d lost the will by the time he came on and we scuttled off within half an hour.
Guess the irony in my past got lost ? ... gutted that I had to give this night a miss...

Guess the irony in my past got lost ? ... gutted that I had to give this night a miss...
not at all on me mate. Was just giving it a review. For irony try walking out on cheesy techno and into Lizard!

I loved Resistance this week - once we got some space to dance. Morillo played a blinding set and was a nice flip to the harder music in the main room. Cox and Capriati flowed well together and Hawtin and Moudaber fantastic. Missed CDW.

Getting home from Privilege is a pain in the bollox!

Back