Resistance 2019

Is this a joke or serious?

Why arrive so late? Your missing out on some quality djs by missing half the night! Only turning up to see a headliner is not what it’s all about imo.

Personally I like arrive early, catch the warm up sets to get a feel for things, and watch the night build up around me.

Edit: I should add I am aware a lot of people do arrive to clubs late in Ibiza, just never really understood it myself. Your paying the best part of €40-€60 to get in and instead of hearing some quality music and making the most of it inside the venue people would prefer to be elsewhere.
I do this on a case by case basis purely over set times. My ideal time now is 1am not to early not to late and find my spot.

If it's an early job necking a bottle of the finest Bucky is essential.

Curious to know who else on that line-up you think has a pull anywhere close? JJ is the closest, and even he is light years away.
Loco Dice? HYTE tells the story there.
Nic... how is DANCE OR DIE faring?
HS82 - Labyrinth was not a puller.
Charlotte de Witte - she's great, no disputing - but I'm not sure how many tickets she sells on her name in Ibiza quite yet, especially since she is playing a lot this summer.

Like for like they don't have the pull Cox does
What I am getting as they all have pull in their own right - stick them all together like that for the night and you are going to generate a huge amount of interest

That is how you sell 10k tickets - I can almost picture the excitement in the air the day of the event

anyone that‘s been planning to do resistance and is now doubting because of crowds, no need to be worried. I can assure this week was the busiest all summer. even on the remaining dates with carl it won‘t get as busy as was the case this week

anyone that‘s been planning to do resistance and is now doubting because of crowds, no need to be worried. I can assure this week was the busiest all summer. even on the remaining dates with carl it won‘t get as busy as was the case this week
Is the exception on this the closing party? I have tickets, so just wanting to know what to expect? Thanks

Like for like they don't have the pull Cox does
What I am getting as they all have pull in their own right - stick them all together like that for the night and you are going to generate a huge amount of interest

True to an extent. But it doesn't explain why the Vista was full soon after the venue opened - and let's remember it opened early for Ibiza standards. Even the super popular nights don't still filling up until 1am usually. Nor does it explain why the venue was still rammed at 5am - long after Coxy's closing set had started at 03:30.
As we've mentioned a few times in other threads, there's lots of parties now where the headliner plays the middle slot in the night now. Coxy had his rooms full at either end of the night - and you get the same of his sets for 1NS at DC10.
The Garden and the Terrace are packed, even if the club room might be dead. Look at those line-ups. You take Cox away and you think that Sonja Moonear, Margaret Dygas and 1 of Apollonia had much to do with sales on that occasion?

One other factor that of course played a part in how busy Tuesday was is the time of year - it's slap bang in the peak of season a few days before R1 weekend.

But that doesn't explain the points above.

True to an extent. But it doesn't explain why the Vista was full soon after the venue opened - and let's remember it opened early for Ibiza standards. Even the super popular nights don't still filling up until 1am usually. Nor does it explain why the venue was still rammed at 5am - long after Coxy's closing set had started at 03:30.
As we've mentioned a few times in other threads, there's lots of parties now where the headliner plays the middle slot in the night now. Coxy had his rooms full at either end of the night - and you get the same of his sets for 1NS at DC10.
The Garden and the Terrace are packed, even if the club room might be dead. Look at those line-ups. You take Cox away and you think that Sonja Moonear, Margaret Dygas and 1 of Apollonia had much to do with sales on that occasion?

One other factor that of course played a part in how busy Tuesday was is the time of year - it's slap bang in the peak of season a few days before R1 weekend.

But that doesn't explain the points above.

It isn't hard to fill the Vista room though lets be fair.... 2k people??

I get what you're saying though and very likely correct Coxy made the night very popular
Let's compare the alternative options as well - Apart from Bodyworks there is no other night close to what Resistance offered cough SWAG

It isn't hard to fill the Vista room though lets be fair.... 2k people??

I get what you're saying though and very likely correct Coxy made the night very popular
Let's compare the alternative options as well - Apart from Bodyworks there is no other night close to what Resistance offered cough SWAG

give me an example, who else do you think would be able to fill vista club on a tuesday 10pm and have it full within less than an hour of opening.

fact is - like it or not, believe it or not, it is coxy who's making the difference here. add him to any good line up, and he'll make the venue go sold out. I'm not a bit fan of his (although I do like his harder sets sometimes), but it's just a fact - he's got massive pulling power still.

When a club is absolutely rammed and your hitting the dance floor I always find down the front is place to go if you can get there.

Problem that presents is getting to bar or toilet. Hi this year when we went couldn’t even see the front is that badly designed and laid out. Left after an hour or so.

People are paying at least 50€ to dance, and.... They don't ?
The overcrowding in August in ibiza is just unacceptable.

Whats Septembers crowds like any idea?

I have a ticket for 3rd sept - Carl Cox, Maceo Plex, HS82, CDW, Sasha/Digweed. Personally its an unreal line up for me. Seen Sasha few weeks ago in Fabric for like 20minutes then the club closed down at 2.30am "power cut" so will be good to catch S/D for abit too.

@Matty92 September crowds are great. You really notice a change in demographic. There's less casual clubbers and a more committed, knowledgeable crowd.

Last edited:
@Matty92 September crowds are great. You really notice a change in demographic. There's less casual clubbers and more a more committed, knowledgeable crowd.
Totally agree - going on the 6th this year for a week. Went same time last year and did two big nights out - still busy but the attitude is great.
Looking forward to Loco Dice at DC10 on the Friday and Villalobos at Pyramid on the Monday.

Back