Resistance 2019

ComingHome

So, one month to go until arguably the biggest line up on the island this summer - I thought this would be a good time to start a thread & ask a couple of questions.....

A) Will the special guest for the opening be announced soooooooon or will be be a 'on the night' surprise?

B) I'm really hoping they open up up the Dome this year as a smoking area - I was in attendance at Carl Cox's bash in July 2017 at Privilege & the dome acted as a perfect chill out/smoking area. With Resistance last year, it seemed as if there was no rest areas and basically smoke on the dance-floor as you please. I know the club have had their issues but any indication if this will be open?

I really think they've pulled their line ups out the bag the summer, Privilege is probably my favourite club on the island when it is in full swing - they should have a massive summer this year....

I assumed the guest would be Carola/Prydz - must have dropped out at the last moment! Beyer b2b Plex looking at a 4 hour set I would imagine? Also, S&D at least 2 hours in the main room should be banging....

Anybody know if the Dome will be open this year as a smoking area? We found this was the perfect chill out area for Coxy's night two years ago.... Do not have a clue if/where there was a smoking area at Resistance last summer.....

Last edited:
Anybody know if the Dome will be open this year as a smoking area? We found this was the perfect chill out area for Coxy's night two years ago.... Do not have a clue if/where there was a smoking area last year at Resistance last summer.....

I didn't go every week, but it was open everytime I went. There's also the outdoor smoking area on the left hand side of the main room as you face the stage. Quite a nice little space to go and chill out actually, though I do like the dome as well.

whats this actually like as an event? On the island for a few days next week and weighing up whether to do cocoon or resistance opening...

The lineup is stronger but it's always flat, and often not full.

Cocoon with Tale of Us should be busy...

Yeah that’s what I’m a bit worried about. Never been priv but there’s always a risk with those massive rooms that it feels flat and impersonal...

The dress the main room up pretty nice. Crowd wise, depends on the night. I've seen both rooms be fairly okay and one lacking.

Just do both!!

Beyer B2B Maceo can go both ways - I saw this at Fabric and it was utter sh1t.
In fact I would say about 30-40% of the time I have seen Beyer he is just average - Awakenings NYE 2 years ago, and Drumcode Halloween 2 years ago are two examples.

He's OK again recently, other than the B2B with Maceo.

no doubt about that

Havent done a Carl Cox Night at Privilege yet, will it be comfortable and easy to get beers etc or a nightmare? Never had any trouble for Tiesto and ASOT in there

Did Resistance in 2017 but it wasnt as big as I’d imagine it will be 2 years later

Havent done a Carl Cox Night at Privilege yet, will it be comfortable and easy to get beers etc or a nightmare?

There will be a wait at most bars, especially at the peak of the night. But I don't think you'll be waiting that long.
I always found the bars towards the back at the sides of the main room is be the least busy.

Back