Resistance 2019

Early rise for me, had some less than quality supplementation so didn’t stay till the end. Sasha and John Digweed played a few decent tunes, but were a bit too slow for my liking, especially towards the latter part of their set.

First hour and a half before I left of Beyer and Maceo was absolutely class though has to be said. Some really, really good techno and actually a pretty decent atmosphere for the size of the club I thought. Felt like a proper rave.

Not full by any means but busy enough. First time there, but pretty impressed by Privilege overall even if it wasn’t the greatest night for me personally.

Early rise for me, had some less than quality supplementation so didn’t stay till the end. Sasha and John Digweed played a few decent tunes, but were a bit too slow for my liking, especially towards the latter part of their set.

First hour and a half before I left of Beyer and Maceo was absolutely class though has to be said. Some really, really good techno and actually a pretty decent atmosphere for the size of the club I thought. Felt like a proper rave.

Not full by any means but busy enough. First time there, but pretty impressed by Privilege overall even if it wasn’t the greatest night for me personally.
Any reports on drink prices?

Completly crazy night yesterday. A true rave (or the closest you can get these days...).

Not full (how could it be?), but crowded enough to make it impressive and to create a great vibe.

We did Beyer and Maceo from 3 to 4, Eats Everything and CDW from 4 to 5, than Beyer and Maceo again from 5 to close.

Personnaly realy liked Eats Everything in the packed Vista Room. He was in great shape and CDW left him space so he can express himself.

Bangging techno with Beyer, but not playing too fast. Near perfection in is own style.

Production off the charts (but still overated).

Felt great to be part of this.

And one thing, why closing the Vista at 6? We would have LOVE to see the sunrise while crazy dancing with bangging techno!

A few observations from last night, not so much the party, but the preamble:
  • Marco Baileys set on Sonica radio was really good!
  • Hernan b2b Nick for DJ Awards at sunset nailed the vibe for that slot. That's exactly the tempo and vibe it should be. (Did they even play any music with vocals? Not that I recall.) Set-up the Resistance pre-party perfectly and they even managed to draw a small crowd.
  • Eats Everything talking to Graham Sahara at the end of his pre-party set on Sonica. They exchanged banter, Eats said: "anyone who attempts to play techno at Café del Mar is a bit of a c***" :lol::lol::lol:
I went stupidly early to Resistance proper and didn't stay for very long. From the reports I've heard and read, all have been positive. Though there has been a little discrepancy on whether some DJs played great or below expectation, which I'm attributing to personal taste.

also made it to resistance opening last night and stayed longer than I actually planned to.

got there at around 1:30, right in the middle of sasha and digweed's set. I liked it musically for most part, but agree with crawleytown above, for that vast room, the energy lacked a bit - S&D are perfect for vista club, not for the main room IMO. they ramped it up for the last 20mins before they handed over to adam & maceo but still think it was an odd placement. in the meantime hs82 had the vista club rocking.

adam & maceo then took the energy up - about time. by 3am both the main room and vista club were perfectly busy without it being rammed. also everwyhere else in the club was busy (the dome, outside gardens etc) without it being uncomfy.

the production is a little more stripped back this year - lots of lasers, but without those massive led panels. it feels more like a rave. pretty dark, lasers, and then up high on the sides you've got leds, but not those big frontal ones that came down last year.

resuming it was a good opening night - the perfect amount of busy. I left at around 5am.

one thing: whoever's going next tuesday for coxy's birthday - prepare for an absolutely packed privilege. I think just like the last years, there will be dates which will be much busier than others and there might even be the odd 'weak' date, but next tuesday is looking extremely busy right now.

Marco Baileys set on Sonica radio was really good!

would love to see Marco bailey play more on the island, one of the most underrated DJs around imo.

Re last night kept thinking to myself that it felt so much like the main room at space when coxy or someone would be in full flow - I have missed that kind of vibe, can’t really get it anywhere else in Ibiza or the U.K.

Going to Week 5 of Resistance! Does anyone have any experience with VIP? Is it really worth the price? This is the one event i am willing to splurge on when i am in Ibiza, but i don't have clue what the layout of the club is as this is my first time on the island. Thanks in advance!

Going to Week 5 of Resistance! Does anyone have any experience with VIP? Is it really worth the price? This is the one event i am willing to splurge on when i am in Ibiza, but i don't have clue what the layout of the club is as this is my first time on the island. Thanks in advance!

the vip has a great view on dancefloor and dj, it‘s basically one floor above

Great reviews from everyone . I wonder why the production was scaled back. Budget concerns or did they purposely want a rave-y atmosphere?

Back