Release Yourself Xmas Party at Turnmills

Just to add my twopence worth, I've been to Release Yourself parties at various venues (Turnmills included) and I've never had a bad night. Ok, his musical style may not be classed as groundbreaking but he certainly takes the crowd on a journey from start to finish with quality House music.. love it when he goes dark tribal :twisted: :twisted: !!

If you're expecting 'Another Chance' style vocal House all night then you'd be disappointed, methinks.

To everybody attending, have a great one. I will be there in spirit.. :D

Debbo said:
Just to add my twopence worth, I've been to Release Yourself parties at various venues (Turnmills included) and I've never had a bad night. Ok, his musical style may not be classed as groundbreaking but he certainly takes the crowd on a journey from start to finish with quality House music.. love it when he goes dark tribal :twisted: :twisted: !!

If you're expecting 'Another Chance' style vocal House all night then you'd be disappointed, methinks.

To everybody attending, have a great one. I will be there in spirit.. :D

Thank you, i knew i wasnt going mad with what i heard

Barbie said:
naddyz said:
hmm... probably wasn't expecting DC10 levels of dirtiness to be honest..

might save the £20 for more fun stuff :D at NYE (can't think of a pushca outfit :cry: )

He's just mainstream house, like I said he's good at what he does and I always have a good night when I see him but he never blows me away like some do. I liken it to eating a Big Mac (not that I've ever eaten one :lol: ) but I imagine you come away having thinking it's done the job and you enjoyed it at the time but you're left feeling a bit unsatisfied :lol:

dc 10 levels of dirtyness would scare me right the fook back to NY....LOL Roger...Mainstream ? Cant say I agree there nor could I compare Roger to a big mac (thats an awful lot of cheese :D ...Ive seen him this year prolly about 15 times between NY, London, Ibiza etc and hes been getting darker and darker each time....very tribally and a hell of a lot more progressive than the another chance days....Everyone has days that they're more on than others , and peoples tastes are like apples and oranges, but all in all RS never disssapoints. Listen to Afterdark...v ery representative of Roger's evolving sound these days!!!!

Subliminal Baby said:
Listen to Afterdark...v ery representative of Roger's evolving sound these days!!!!
Picked that up in London last week but haven't gotten a chance to listen. Definitely planning on transferring it to the iPod this weekend 8)

Subliminal Baby said:
all in all RS never disssapoints.

That's what I said, please don't try and teach your Grandmother to suck eggs :rolleyes: :lol:

For the 858274807x I've said on here he does exactly what he says on the tin - decent house music as we know it, nothing more nothing less.

I have a lot of respect for him, he's not one of the bestest DJs in the world but he's very good at what he does and if a DJ can keep me dancing after I've been dancing (literally!!) for 36 hours (as Mr Sanchez has done on numerous occasions) than he's ok by me ;)

But there's no need to wet your pants over him as some of you do as if he's the greatest thing to come out of house music in the last few years :lol: ;)

Barbie said:
I have a lot of respect for him, he's not one of the bestest DJs in the world but he's very good at what he does and if a DJ can keep me dancing after I've been dancing (literally!!) for 36 hours (as Mr Sanchez has done on numerous occasions) than he's ok by me ;)

But there's no need to wet your pants over him as some of you do as if he's the greatest thing to come out of house music in the last few years
You see, that's where I and 90% of the people who posted in this thread disagree with you. He IS one of the best DJs in the world. Maybe it's because he "does what it says on the tin" or because he "keeps you dancing". More than likely it's because he's consistent, he evolves, he's technically good and can sustain crowd interest through marathon sets. A Sanchez night is hands in the air, booty shaking fun. Period!

You keep repeating that you think he's good but not great, but this thread shows that a lot of people think he IS great. I don't get why you feel the need to arguing this point with people :confused:

Some of us "wet our pants" over Sanchez. There's other DJs you like that others might not be as thrilled by. Let it be!

Morbyd said:
You see, that's where I and 90% of the people who posted in this thread disagree with you. He IS one of the best DJs in the world.

It's not my fault that you're in the 'Beginners Music Class' :lol: ;)

I only came into this thread to tell Naddyz that if he's expecting dirrrrrttttty house on Saturday he'll be a bit disappointed. It will be a good night, if it wasn't at Turnmills I'd probably pop in and say hi but instead I've got a date with a true legend like DJ Pierre :D

Barbie said:
It's not my fault that you're in the 'Beginners Music Class' :lol: ;)
:evil: grrr......
Barbie said:
It will be a good night, if it wasn't at Turnmills I'd probably pop in and say hi but instead I've got a date with a true legend like DJ Pierre
I've got Godskitchen w/ Ferry Corsten & Andy "Redanka" Holt on Friday and either Victor Calderone or Seamus Haji on Saturday 8) Quite the mixed bag.

ok, I think the only way to solve this arguement is if I go and see Roger at some point in the future and give you my highly informed opinion

:D

now, shhhh boys and girls!

Back