Release Yourself Xmas Party at Turnmills

chewie_oo7 said:
:confused:

and the last RY@Turnmills you went to was....

As I said Chewie I've seen Roger Sanchez more times than I can remember, I rarely go to his Release Yourself @ Turnmills cos I don't like the crowd it attracts (I have been and I wouldn't go out my way to go again) but this year (as every year) I've seen him in Ibiza and at festivals and prior to his Turnmills residency used to see him @ Ministry regularly so yes I feel I'm in a position to comment on him and he is mainstream house, he admits to being that so don't get your knickers in a twist and make out he's Mr Underground when he's blatantly not and doesn't want to be :lol:

chewie_oo7 said:
i wouldnt want him to be mr underground for a start!

:p

Mr Dirrrrrrrtttty then or whichever one of the Mr Men characters you want him to be :lol:

I'm not slating him, I think he does exactly what he says on the tin - house music, but for someone who is going to see him and is expecting dirty house they're going to be a tad disappointed.

:confused: i got asked by Richard to come down for this and i wont go because its too hard for my liking but i know some of you like that so thats cool 8)

He's the only dj i know that will play for 10 hours straight and not go the toilet once - now thats dedication for you.

And he's a really nice chap so i like him 8) 8), not many down to earth dj's with his creditbilty like him around 8)

u should come down hun. u can always escape to the backroom.

place is gonna be filled with crazy belgians. :lol:

Barbie said:
mambobirdette said:
because its too hard for my liking

How on earth can Sanchez be too hard :eek: :lol:

Seriously :lol:, i seen him play for few hours at Global in 2004 and it was a bit too druggy for my liking. For 10 hours too i can imagine it being really :eek: at some points.

I think the only way id be able to appreciate his stuff is if i was off my tits :eek:

he plays depending on where he is in the world.

ive got few recorded sets of his from paris, new york, global etc... and they aint all the same.

chewie_oo7 said:

ive got few recorded sets of his from paris, new york, global etc... and they aint all the same.

they're not all the same?

wow

chewie_oo7 said:

Are you suggesting that Mambs should give him...ahem....Another Chance

nothing groundbreaking bout sanchez, but he does just play good house music thats keeps youdancing all night long.

Its good stuff.

Wish I were in London for this event.

Sanchez is the man. He's proved more than anyone that you don't have to be groundbreaking to be top class.

His sets do vary - I've seen him multiple times in 4 clubs in 2 countries and each set was different. Since his sets are long, they tend to vary from funky to commercial to tribal to deep house and various stuff in between.

His art is the way he keeps the crowd dancing. I've never seen a sour face at a Sanchez gig. FACT. 8)

Back