RECORD car hire?

Got my booking with them again, this summer as i wanted to save 100€+ (with 1h delay from airport picking i hope it worth) from the one at airport , my arrival/departure are in regular hours (early afternoon) & this time my new Debit card had the credit option :cool: (Rent a car accept credit card & a few debit cards, with my old one included), so no more issues with any renting cars

Be aware that if they want to make u pay more than 80€ 90€(30€ agency cost +60€ oil), it means they want to make u pay some add on insurance without asking u such what happened to me with goldcar opening (180€ paid but cancelled). i don't need more insurance as its alreadyincluded with the broker.
Goldcar paid me back the 1rst amount (146€) i paid but they still owe me 50€ for oil full tank :mad: i thought they were honnest as last time they refund the 30€ lacking closing 17

Still havent paid for closing as my holidays haven't been confirmed by customer but he always confirm, ill pay it once back from august :cool: & a car at airport, prices in july is x3 x4 in comparison to opening/closing.

Got my booking with them again, this summer as i wanted to save 100€+ (with 1h delay from airport picking i hope it worth) from the one at airport , my arrival/departure are in regular hours (early afternoon) & this time my new Debit card had the credit option :cool: (Rent a car accept credit card & a few debit cards, with my old one included), so no more issues with any renting cars

Be aware that if they want to make u pay more than 80€ 90€(30€ agency cost +60€ oil), it means they want to make u pay some add on insurance without asking u such what happened to me with goldcar opening (180€ paid but cancelled). i don't need more insurance as its alreadyincluded with the broker.
Goldcar paid me back the 1rst amount (146€) i paid but they still owe me 50€ for oil full tank :mad: i thought they were honnest as last time they refund the 30€ lacking closing 17

Still havent paid for closing as my holidays haven't been confirmed by customer but he always confirm, ill pay it once back from august :cool: & a car at airport, prices in july is x3 x4 in comparison to opening/closing.

I paid for my hire through DoYouSpain - the only thing RecordGo wanted me to pay was the extra insurance, and when I told them I'd already bought it elsewhere, I could see the guy was genuinely disappointed :rolleyes: all they charged me was the €54 fuel charge, which was refunded to me after I returned the car with a full tank, around a week after the hire finished. Great result, however I did feel slightly guilty for not using one of the 'local' companies like motoluis, but hey.. money was tight!

I found that Motoluis are very professional, as Jimmiz said. No stupid hidden charges, the car is the one you booked on the website, and they operate a full-full policy.

I've had bad experiences before with big name companies you'd think would be safe, notably Europcar. Of course, they're normally franchised out to less scrupulous companies.

A big one to watch for, and very common, is the fuel scam. They say "it's 3/4 full, bring it back 3/4 full" so you do and they later charge the remaining quarter to your card, saying they expected it back in full. With a hefty premium on top. Possible to bring up the paperwork and get it overturned, but difficult enough to win a case like that, let alone doing it internationally.

Now I just stick with Motoluis.

Feuck them they trick me sayin my card is nt a credit card. It a credit card even I ve asked to my bank a card with credit option after opening issue
It's written credit card on my debit/credit card
I came to see their manager (came there 2 times to change my car) but they keep on insisting on their position

Feuck them they trick me sayin my card is nt a credit card. It a credit card even I ve asked to my bank a card with credit option after opening issue
It's written credit card on my debit/credit card
I came to see their manager (came there 2 times to change my car) but they keep on insisting on their position

I've never heard of a debit/credit card. I'm a bit confused too. Do you mean credit as in an overdraft?

Parisian dj Bikini by Cathy guetta gave me a dress of his friend in Ramon bartolomeu...
Looks like new policy require credit card but not those that are debit with credit card option..if u don't have the required car u have to take full insurance so 230€ afic..
Hope to get them back :D with free rides I 've already made..only @Luke2331 gave me 10€ and I'm his +1 All inclusive at his hotel :cool:

Car supplier?

Motoluis
yeah, they are cool with it.:)

The main ones like Hertz, Avis etc are too, but others (not limited to) like Centauro, Record Go, Gold Car....... are massive on upselling and try to bully you into the "Full" ins

Back