RECORD car hire?

jay_aitch

Has anyone used this lot before? I managed to get a great price of 20 euros for 10 days :confused: through doyouspain who I've booked with before.. but hadn't heard of them before. They allow debit card use though, and I dont mind leaving the hefty deposit since I've taken out Excess cover with another supplier.

Just wondering if anyone has any tales of joy/woe from them!

20€ for 10 days? daily rate I guess...and even that is super cheap.

either it's that, or there is an error somewhere.

don't know record myself though I have to admit.

yes , already done with Record last year with doyouspain, price are not the same in august :D x15- x20 :eek:
you have to pay extra 60€//70, 30€ for agency fees, other 30€/40€ is for oil they will pay you back if u choose policy full/full

the shuttle is on the left side parking,when getting out of airport & u have to look at their logo in the van.
their van is the 1rst, i miss mine when asking a Record shuttle driver where is the shuttle of company x even it was record i have to look for :D Minds was already shitty when landing in ibz...i wait more 25mn..on feedback they say waiting is long for shuttle (45mn 01h00), & it was not for me & i read many bad reviews but nothing happened to me :cool:

Waiting is long with car renting outside of airport even best deals but they have strict opening/closing time, i guess i wait at least 1hour at their office outside airport
No issue when bringbing back the car but check the car closely (10mn) to look for little scratch otherwise they may charge you for it, Classic trick that cost me 80€ 1 time when i didnt have insurance

Last edited:
20€ for 10 days? daily rate I guess...and even that is super cheap.

either it's that, or there is an error somewhere.

don't know record myself though I have to admit.

That's the rate for the 10 days - the daily rate on my confirmation is 2 euros per day!

I enquired about their Excess cover and it was something ridiculous like 140 euros for the duration. I got excess cover elsewhere for 20 quid!

yes , already done with Record last year with doyouspain, price are not the same in august :D x15- x20 :eek:
you have to pay extra 60€//70, 30€ for agency fees, other 30€/40€ is for oil they will pay you back if u choose policy full/full

Can you remember why you had to pay this extra amount? I've paid for my booking already through doyouspain so not expecting any more charges when I get to the desk :mad:

its usual with all renting cars booked with or without doyouspain, looks like ur first time renting car in ibz.
Agency fees 27€ + full tank kind 40€, u gonna pay around 70€/90€ and have to choose ur tank policy (ask for it), i always take full/full and they pay me back 1-2 weeks after my trip , oil money (keep copy of contract in case they forget to payback oil, it happened last year with other company, losing contract but they find me with my name so they are not trying to scam u all time :D but it happen most of time :lol:)
Fyi i never take extra insurance :cool: , u got main one with DYS,last year i may take one for my battery issue but it cost me 2 times x50€, so no regrets
i will avoid to let lights on :D in the car when parked or reload battery with engine off :oops:
ps:be sure to have ur credit card filled of money as even they block some money, it looks like a transaction of money taken out of ur account , in order not to be under limits of u can spend.

Last edited:
its usual with all renting cars booked with or without doyouspain, looks like ur first time renting car in ibz.
Agency fees 27€ + full tank kind 40€, u gonna pay around 70€/90€ and have to choose ur tank policy (ask for it), i always take full/full and they pay me back 1-2 weeks after my trip , oil money (keep copy of contract in case they forget to payback oil, it happened last year with other company, losing contract but they find me with my name so they are not trying to scam u all time :D but it happen most of time :lol:)
Fyi i never take extra insurance :cool: , u got main one with DYS,last year i may take one for my battery issue but it cost me 2 times x50€, so no regrets
i will avoid to let lights on :D in the car when parked or reload battery with engine off :oops:
ps:be sure to have ur credit card filled of money as even they block some money, it looks like a transaction of money taken out of ur account , in order not to be under limits of u can spend.

This will be my third time hiring on the island (second time with doyouspain) and I've never had to pay an additional fee when arriving at the desk (except when paying a deposit for full/full fuel policy). I'm not expecting RECORD to try and take any more money from me, other than the fuel deposit and €1000 deposit for the vehicle since I'm not taking their insurance.

Has anyone used this lot before? I managed to get a great price of 20 euros for 10 days :confused: through doyouspain who I've booked with before.. but hadn't heard of them before. They allow debit card use though, and I dont mind leaving the hefty deposit since I've taken out Excess cover with another supplier.

Just wondering if anyone has any tales of joy/woe from them!

You ask yourself €20 for 10 days.... think about it. €2 a day... is it a
Flintstone stone car?

I can only base it on booking through Doyouspain previously, where we paid the price we were quoted directly to DYS and weren't charged anything more by the rental company upon picking up the car. Last time we paid around €50 for a small car in June for 6 days.

its the deal for early season,just add 30€ agency fair & 30-40€ for oil they will pay back 1 week after the end of ur trip

ive booked with them throug DYS for july in order to save 100€ (losing 1h00 time max i hope for picking & dropping, the picking is long at their office 45mn 1h) from the one at airport and my hours arrival n departure are not outside their opening time

As long as it's not through OK rent a car. They couldn't pay me enough to rent a car through that place again.

rented a car with OK rent a car once & didnt have issue.
u have to be watchful with all companies
of course.
But I have found that Europcar, Avis, Enterprise and Hertz are good, along with the two main Ibiza ones Automaris and Motoluis.
All the others are dodgy.
But, If I got a really cheap deal like the poster, I may take the chance.

Out of curiosity I also got quotes from Goldcar and Centauro from their own websites, prices came back as €23.66 an €25.03 for 10 days. Obviously blocking €1000 odd euros off your card isn't ideal, but if you can spare the cash for the length of your stay then many a deal can be found

Goldcar block u 1000€ :mad: OK Rent a car and other companies 600€ or 800€ max :cool:
As someone wrote, be sure ur Bank account is filled as the 1000€ blockings looks like a spent of -1000€, even not writing on ur account transaction , but if u got 0€ on ur account, not sure upon ur bank policies if allowed to be less than -1000€

Just to confirm folks, the price of €20-something euros was all I paid for ten days car hire!

They tried to give me the hard sell on extra insurance, but I told them that I'd purchased my own so of course I had to let them block the excess amount on my card.

I was given a new Fiesta with 2000km on the clock and no damage, so no complaints there!

I'm yet to receive my fuel refund of €62, however I've only been back since Saturday and am aware this may take several days.

All in all, not a bad experience... especially for a tight Scotsman :rolleyes:

Just to confirm folks, the price of €20-something euros was all I paid for ten days car hire!

They tried to give me the hard sell on extra insurance, but I told them that I'd purchased my own so of course I had to let them block the excess amount on my card.

I was given a new Fiesta with 2000km on the clock and no damage, so no complaints there!

I'm yet to receive my fuel refund of €62, however I've only been back since Saturday and am aware this may take several days.

All in all, not a bad experience... especially for a tight Scotsman :rolleyes:
How much did they 'block' on your card?

Back