Reality check is starting....now.

missflorida

Bad news today at work....CEO announced layoffs, and my division and the region I work in will be affected. I am very very nervous about this....the decision as to who stays and goes will be made in the next two weeks. Wish me luck, I'm going to go and have a nervous breakdown now and eat a pint of ice cream. Or two. :eek::(:evil:

Oh dear. Good luck to you, darlin'!

It's going to be a tough ride for everyone over the next few months. I think we've got at least 2 people on here who've been laid off already.

Just keep your head down and keep doing a good job. Merit is always rewarded.

If push comes to shove, maybe one of those 2 hunky policemen you met will take you in ;)

No point worrying about something that hasn't happened yet.

All the best with everything anyhow.

Thanks everyone!! I am heading to work soon, should expect some news from my director about how many people potentially in my office. What a tough decision to make for who goes and stays, and right before Christmas too! I would never want to be in that position. How awful. The news here is sooo bad right now about jobs, that's all it is. You know, you just never think it could happen to you sometimes.

Morbyd--lol those "hunky policeman" weren't so hunky....I had a *kinda funny* incident by driving my U-Haul truck into the side of a Steak n Shake awning (it ripped up the whole side panel of the truck :eek:) and then I got pulled over for speeding yesterday. I escaped both with no tickets. :) Gosh, what a week!

I know - it seems the reality of this stupid credit crunch is only just beginning to hit.

Until recently, I was convinced that it wouldn't affect me in the slightest - but I think everyone knows someone (plural?) who is facing a redundancy at the mo. :eek:

Ughhhh.

We're having a re-org but it looks like mostly early retirements and voluntary redundancy (thankfully)

When it came out, I had "The fear" so thoughts are with those going through this....

We're having a re-org but it looks like mostly early retirements and voluntary redundancy (thankfully)

When it came out, I had "The fear" so thoughts are with those going through this....

Most companies will go down the "natural wastage" route before laying off people - but for anyone in this situation - I have everthing crossed for you ....... 8)

Welcome to the recession lady's and gentlemen, we've had it in Ireland for months now and suprise surprise it's getting worse every day, i somehow managed to get 6 weeks work 3 weeks ago on crap money but it's a job and will at least get me another 3 weeks out of it, hopefully they might extend it up to a few days before xmas, im bored out of my t*ts doing little or nothing in the office but needs must.

Miss Florida, hope you hold onto your job anyway, best not to panic too much right now anyway,at least you still have a job,think of the millions who cant find work, when the middle classes start suffering then we'll hear all about it:rolleyes:

Keep your chin up, Ms.FL. Things will work out OK if you plan carefully. Just be careful with your money. It is not late at developing a game plan with "people you can trust" on how y'all can help each other.

If you have a backyard, it is time to get into growing your own fruits and vegetables. You will be surprised how much you can end up saving. If you or anyone you know knows how to fish and it is cheap to do so then make time and do it. Similarly, if you are a meat eater and it is cheap to go and hunt it is not a bad idea to take a deer or a boar. Sorry folks, I am not trying to offend anyone, it is about survival, and being PC does not help.

Be careful on the streets. As more and more people become desperate crime might also increase.

The situation is what it is right now, and it will be what it will be. Accepting mana from heaven, when it happens, with a smile is great, just do not count on it.

:lol:

LB, you make it sound like we're nearing the apocalypse!
I'm not sure how my neighbors would feel if I turned my apartment building's yard into a garden....plus the weather here isn't really conducive to growing fruit and veg for 9 months of the year, it's a very long drive to somewhere I can hunt for boar, and I wouldn't dare eat a fish out of the Moscow river :lol:

Think I'll stick to the supermarket ;)

Keep your chin up, Ms.FL. Things will work out OK if you plan carefully. Just be careful with your money. It is not late at developing a game plan with "people you can trust" on how y'all can help each other.

If you have a backyard, it is time to get into growing your own fruits and vegetables. You will be surprised how much you can end up saving. If you or anyone you know knows how to fish and it is cheap to do so then make time and do it. Similarly, if you are a meat eater and it is cheap to go and hunt it is not a bad idea to take a deer or a boar. Sorry folks, I am not trying to offend anyone, it is about survival, and being PC does not help.

Be careful on the streets. As more and more people become desperate crime might also increase.

The situation is what it is right now, and it will be what it will be. Accepting mana from heaven, when it happens, with a smile is great, just do not count on it.

**** this is how my mind is working. Maybe Buckley was right. I am LB :eek::lol:

I knew you'd have some advice for the Credit Crunch! You been holed up in your bunker stockpiling for the past few months man? Not seen you about on here. You really should start a blog or something, LB reacts to latest headlines. I've just got back from California again, didn't really venture far from the Bay Area due to family commitments though, but had a cracking time :D

(goes out in search of a Boar)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7726069.stm

Like the part of trying to leave out the back with 2 sacks of cash!!!
:lol:
That's some serious unrest!

Even more than those guys trying to escape with the cash (and failing to pay off the police), I like the BBC correspondent's reporting:
The BBC's Jeremy McDermott in Medellin says they are now in custody and that is the safest place for them, as conned investors have threatened to lynch them.
:eek: :lol:

Back