Rant about Ministry

andre27

Just feel like letting out some steam, so bear with me

I'll be on the island from 16/8 through 25/8 and was looking at what to do that Thursday. Cream is a no-no (music's terrible and the crowd even worse) which basically leaves Ministry. I have to say, they have some cheek. Assuming they'll be charging the regular 50 Euroes at the door, their line-up is a joke.

No disrespect to the DJs, but that kind of money for DJ Ralf, Kenny Carpenter and Marc Hughes? Who the f^ck are they? I'm a house music fanatic and a DJ myself and I've never heard of them, let alone people who I'm with, just casual fans.

My point is Ministry promoters (and some other Ibiza promoters) need to get their heads out of their collective arse, and come up with line-ups that justify their exorbiatnt prices. Before anybody jumps on me, I do believe in supporting new or lesse-known DJs but not for that kind of money. Just because it's "Pacha" and "Ibiza" and "Ministry" doesn't mean you can just stick some DJs in the booth and rake it in.

No wonder the attendance numbers are down. People are being fed up with (some) promoters lack of genuine effort to justify their prices.

In conclusion, you'll probably say, "If you don't like it don't go," and you'd be right as I'm certainly skipping that party but I hope promoters in general start being a bit more responsive to people they promote to. End of rant

Kenny Carpenter is one of the true Daddies of House Music, I rate him as highly as the likes of Louie Vega, Tony Humphries and Danny Krivit. He hardly ever plays in UK so if I ever get chance to see him I do.

DJ Ralf is another legend, again hardly ever plays in UK but is another Daddy of House.

And as for Marc, he is Ministry resident and I call him 'the little white Erick' cos that's how good he is.

Seriously mate, you have got damn good line-up there, house music at its best :D

Just must add I saw Kenny Carpenter@Pacha London last New Years Eve and he was the bollox, there was a couple with us who aren't really into house music and they never left the dancefloor all night and are still going on about how good he was now.

Sure does Rodber, i heard him last year at somewhere really unexpected and he rocked 8) Wish i could remember where though :confused:

andre27 said:

I'll be on the island from 16/8 through 25/8 and was looking at what to do that Thursday. Cream is a no-no (music's terrible and the crowd even worse) which basically leaves Ministry. I have to say, they have some cheek. Assuming they'll be charging the regular 50 Euroes at the door, their line-up is a joke.

No disrespect to the DJs, but that kind of money for DJ Ralf, Kenny Carpenter and Marc Hughes? Who the f^ck are they? I'm a house music fanatic and a DJ myself and I've never heard of them, let alone people who I'm with, just casual fans.

My point is Ministry promoters (and some other Ibiza promoters) need to get their heads out of their collective arse, and come up with line-ups that justify their exorbiatnt prices. Before anybody jumps on me, I do believe in supporting new or lesse-known DJs but not for that kind of money. Just because it's "Pacha" and "Ibiza" and "Ministry" doesn't mean you can just stick some DJs in the booth and rake it in.

No wonder the attendance numbers are down. People are being fed up with (some) promoters lack of genuine effort to justify their prices.

In conclusion, you'll probably say, "If you don't like it don't go," and you'd be right as I'm certainly skipping that party but I hope promoters in general start being a bit more responsive to people they promote to. End of rant

You're really showing your lack of knowledge of house music if you've never heard of DJ Ralf or Kenny Carpenter

I think maybe Cream would be better for you!!

Yeah don’t be fooled cos you don’t recognise the names – that is a fantastic line up that I’d gladly pay 50 euros for. :)

I think that unfortunately if their names dont regularly appear on compilation CD's some people just dont know a lot of good DJs exist or dont rate them :( :rolleyes:

Rulin said:
You're really showing your lack of knowledge of house music if you've never heard of DJ Ralf or Kenny Carpenter

Kenny's sister Karen had a hell of a voice............

gecko2 said:
Rulin said:

LMAO.

*I’m on top of the world looking down on creation and the only explanation I can fiiiiinnnnnnd*

:lol:

yeas, rating cream as shite MOST DEFINATELY ONLY is your opinion, imo its the best evening, i honestly like pacha but some nites there are so ????????

K said:
gecko2 said:
Rulin said:

LMAO.

*I’m on top of the world looking down on creation and the only explanation I can fiiiiinnnnnnd*

:lol:

I don't know what's sadder, the fact that you know the words........ or the fact I've just been singing it :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL I know!!! I have an excuse though, I was brought up with the Carpenters so I learned the words from an early age (unwillingly may I add).

In fact my mum’s Carpenters Gold CD is still brought out every Christmas time. :rolleyes: :x

andre27 said:

not that much of a house dj if u don't no who kenny carpenter is

Rulin

Don't patronize me with that condescending bullshit...I know my house music inside and out and I've never heard those two. They might be big in London but that's about it. As for you stupid Cream remark, read the post carefully, you see what I think of it.

If Ministry tries to appeal to London or English crowds, fair enough, but you can't possibly claim Ralf and Carpenter have a reputation to justify 50 Euroes at the door. If they're so amazing why aren't they making a name for themselves outside of London/England.

Again this is just my take on it. Spare me, "Oh you don't know what you're talking about" shite

andre27 said:
Rulin

Don't patronize me with that condescending bullshit...I know my house music inside and out and I've never heard those two. They might be big in London but that's about it. As for you stupid Cream remark, read the post carefully, you see what I think of it.

If Ministry tries to appeal to London or English crowds, fair enough, but you can't possibly claim Ralf and Carpenter have a re*beep*tion to justify 50 Euroes at the door. If they're so amazing why aren't they making a name for themselves outside of London/England.

Again this is just my take on it. Spare me, "Oh you don't know what you're talking about" shite

:rolleyes: :lol:

If you dont think Kenny Carpenter and Ralf are well known and big outside London/England then you cearly dont know what you are talking about as much as you think you do,sorry.

Was Studio 54 not in America?

I'm pleased that the clubs are diversifying their line-ups this year rather than sticking with the same 'superstar djs' , most of whom are highly over-rated.

Although 50 euros is a heck of a lot to pay for ANY line-up.

Back