Rant about Ministry

[quote="kitten's head"

Although 50 euros is a heck of a lot to pay for ANY line-up.[/quote]

especially that, however good these guys are, they aren't as expensive to book as the blockbuster names.
So why aren't the tickets cheaper? (rhetorical question)

exactly my point rustywoo...

It doesn't make sense that Space would charge 45 E for somebody like Lawler, Morillo, Howells, and Mills while Ministry charges 50 for clealry lesser known DJs.

fact all major clubs in ibiza space.pacha.amnesia.esparaids.eden charge allot, end of
me i pay for the hours and hours of clubbing i see it as two nights out rolled into one (try to think +++) i'm not too fussed about the dj's obviousy i like the ones i know etc etc, but hearing new talent on a night i enjoy, great!! diversity is the name of my game :D

MOS poor line up!

For some issues I agree with andre27. I'll be next three weeks in Ibiza and was looking for the line up of MOS as alternative to Cream cause I don't like techno-trance music. But I was wondering the poor line up! On july 3rd:

Tedd Patterson
Seamus Haji
Marc Hughes

I've already heard these jocks and saw them playing in switzerland (where I come from) but 50 euro for these guys are certainly too much :confused: :confused: . From MOS I was expecting at least one big star at each night. Compare to the others parties line ups I thing MOS line up is the worst.
Ciao

Ted Patterson is a legendary NYC DJ!!
I'd be more than happy if he was headlining when I was out there

Hey Andre,

I would absolutely love it if, when I get to Ibiza in August, Kenny is playing. I saw him at Pacha, London early last year with Bert Bevan (another Studio 54 dj) and enjoyed his set so much that I (like Barbie) went along to see him play there on NYE. We all agreed - even some of my friends that prefer house a little harder - that he made our NYE. I love the way he really gets into his music as he plays, dancing, lots of eye contact with the crowd and really making you feel that he is on that journey with you!! If you do happen to be around to see Kenny, I seriously recommend you go along - he is definitely worth putting yourself out for. "Insatiable" - I remember him dancing like crazy to that at the beginning of last year - what a memory!!!

This is pathetic!!

I do agree with you about Cream because it isn't exactly my cup of tea neither, but...

First off, its 50 Euros on the door, if you bother to walk 100 yards anywhere you'll get tickets for 40 Euros and less in Ibiza Town! Prices differ at different times of the season don't forget as well!

Second, Kenny Carpenter is very well know and respected DJ all over the world and it isn't just people in London who know who he is is. With all due respect, you are showing yourself up a bit by saying you don't know who he is given whay you are saying!

DJ Ralf is one of the greatest DJs to ever come out of Italy and plays some fine music!

Marc Hughes has been Ministry resident in Ibiza for a few years now and is a very fine DJ!

I'd be very happy if Kenny Carpenter was on when I was there.

When you talk about the price of the night, its not just about Ministry, its about the whole club and the vibe, Pacha will be that much to get in on any night and the music is always top draw!

Don't even start me on Tedd Patterson, that is another dumb ass comment! Seamus Hadji is quality as well!

andre27 said:
exactly my point rustywoo...

It doesn't make sense that Space would charge 45 E for somebody like Lawler, Morillo, Howells, and Mills while Ministry charges 50 for clealry lesser known DJs.

The whole point is, that they are only lesser known to you!

Granted 50 Euros is expensive, but like I said you will get cheaper tickets, that is the door price.

For starters try buying a ticket instead of paying 50 euro's on the door.
secondly since when did being a well known dj make him any better at what he does from a lesser known dj. I know a few well known dj's that get ripped to shreds on many occasions.
Also ministry at Pacha is being run by Pacha and not Ministry, Ministry have leased the name to Pacha.

We didn't pay to get into Ministry but tickets were 35 euros in advance and that included free drink, definitely not 50 euros.

Dfunky

If read what I've said carefully, it becomes abundantly clear my comments had nothing to do with the DJs quality, but their name recognition. I agree with you completely that reputation does not equal quality. But anybody with a brain would agree that door prices are based on reputation and DJ's ability to bring people to a club. Also let's not forget that name recognition comes for a reason. Well-known DJs have done something right.

The three DJs in question are not spring chickens, they've been around for a while (a long while) apparently and have NOT achieved the same success as many DJ featured at other parties (i.e. Emerson, Sanchez, Morillo, Morales). My point is that it's a bit arrogant to charge the same money for Carpenter and Co. as for Sanchez or, say Tong+Garnier. The latter (despite what some of you claim) have an infinitely bigger reputation, therefore a better ability to bring the crowds in.

You all are slagging my comments for wrong reasons. "Shut up, kenny Carpenter is quality, you ignoramous!" I'm sure he is, but only in your world is he as well-known as some of the other DJs mentioned. I respect your love for him, but also respect th fact that I AM a house music aficionado and the fact that he's an unknown to me says a lot...to me at least.

Also, shrill comments about 35 vs. 50 Euroes are misplaced. They DO charge 50 at the door, but the point is -- however much they charge, it's the same as other nights @ Pacha, but they have the weakest (name recognition, not quality) line-up, Carter and MAW excepted. Thereofre, in my opinion, they shouldn't charge as much money. If they do, they (Ministry or Pacha) should spend that money on better known DJs to justify it. Pure economics.

Finally. I think the latest news column on this site shows that I'm right. It fingers Ministry as the night that "faltered" out of the entire Pacha line-up. I wonder why? 50 Euroes for Jazzy M anyone? Tired

P.S. Saying Carpenter played @ Studio 54 means only one thing -- he is old. That club was not a temple of quality music by any stretch. In fact, its fascist door policy and the overall nasty attitude makes it a bit of a black spot in clubbing history. Too many Studio 54 wannabes is what makes US (mainstream) clubbing unbearable. If Kenny was a Paradise Garage/Sound Factory/Zanzibar/Warehouse resident that would actually mean something.

Sorry for the long post

Even if you paid on door for Ministry it was still only 40 euros, definitely not 50 euros :rolleyes:

And I was there last wk for Jazzy M, Mousse T and Marc Hughes and they rocked big-time. Ministry on a Thursday night is never going to be as busy as on a Friday night cos on Fridays you are going to get all the locals out. In a way tho it is nice to have a little bit of room to dance cos I was there for Opening of Ministry last year with Derrick Carter and you couldn't even get into main room at times cos it was so rammed. Also the crowd is better cos everyone who is there is actually there for the music as opposed to going to Pacha just cos it's Pacha on a Friday night.

50 Euros is a stupid price to pay.

Go to Ibiza in June or July instead!!

Having said that, Louie Vega was WICKED at the Ministry opening, I must have spent 50 euros on J.D. I was so happy.....

andre,your from LA and u don't no american house legends ur a madman...... ;) studio 54 NYC ring any bells

Seanbelfast

Read my goddamned post before responding :rolleyes:

Barbie

Not again with the "it's 40 Euroes not 50" malarky. I just explained in great detail that's irrelevant.

What happened to reading comprehension?

andre27 said:
Seanbelfast

Read my goddamned post before responding :rolleyes:

Barbie

Not again with the "it's 40 Euroes not 50" malarky. I just explained in great detail that's irrelevant.

What happened to reading comprehension?

Sorry I got bored after the first few lines and my concentration lapsed :rolleyes: :confused: If you don't want to pay the price for Ministry don't go, simple as that, there's plenty of people who will pay and do want to see the likes of Kenny Carpenter, DJ Ralf, Seamus Haji, Bob Sinclar etc. It's all a matter of personal taste :rolleyes:

just to add my 20 worth,

Your arguement is based entirely on the fact that you think Kenny Carpenter et al are rubbish DJs and have no reputation.

TBH mate, you have NO idea how stupid you sound.

Here, can I just put me tuppence worth in ...

it costs £50 a match now to see Chelsea play !

What would YOU spend your money on!

When my hubbie put it to me like that I thought ... well, damn me, every penny we spent on clubbing was more than worth it!

Back