Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:oops:

in the 90s I went to university because that's what you did if you were middle class and had pushy parents - you did a degree because it seemed the next step up from your a level in the same subject. you didn't really ask any questions and were more interested in when the next shamen record was coming out

i had some fun but it was an unbelievable waste of time and money and did zero to prepare me for real life - basically 3 years destroying your liver in an effective holiday camp

there needs to be a debate about what studying is actually for and what a degree means, because governments inflated the numbers of students without ever really saying why - do we want the education system to churn out loads of middle managers or people with something to give back to society. It's a trully and utterly fcked system

Yes.

spot on.

i'm jaundiced by my 1 week in cambridge & 3 months in newcastle (the polys) doing politics for 5 hrs a week & smoking weed for 95 hrs per week. pointless. best decision i ever took was to drop out.

since then i've got hnc in business, bsc in construction management, professionally qualified HR & project management. all vocational & all through work sponsorship. arent i good.

Coincidentally, this was my exact uni experience.

Managing a bar was also a fantastic route to the Polygamist lifestyle as depicted in Robders thread.:lol::lol:

me too!!! and a 2.1.

fcukin hated uni! full of scarf wearing jeremys and cuthberts

How does Mrs Gregosauras live with such an untrusting soul? I remember when you reckoned I didn't have a funktion one system on that boat!:spank:

soz buckers.....seems a gentle ribbing always tends to get a little close to the bone!! ;-)

I just think its a dilution of university teaching. Yes I agree if Tarquin wants to go smoke weed all day and form the rebel jazz bassist's society then he should pay the extra fee's or pees off. What I think will be a real shame is ppl that dont have as much money who actually do want to study well (they do actually exist) won't be able to afford to go or if they do may be faced with sub standard teaching as the money went on the teachers for the BA in Dubstep Bass theory seeing as the universities will financially be driven by what the customers (18yr old's) want.

:eek:.

I fail to see why this is entertaining?

What about televised floggins of the rioters?

I hope the ones arrested in this event rot in jail (well, on the community service bus)

windows getting smashed, stuff getting lobbed from the roof, mass hysteria in the media, police charging yoots on camera

whats not to like about that?

:eek:.

I fail to see why this is entertaining?

What about televised floggins of the rioters?

I hope the ones arrested in this event rot in jail (well, on the community service bus)

a good old fashioned riot on prime time TV, what's not to like?

Its mindless violence of which I could provide numerous examples of, plus a drain on the country's rapidly depleting resources. It is a knee jerk reaction from &^%ers unlikely to have ever contributed in any great amount to society.

On second thoughts, the filth giving a few of them a crack does seem a good reason why. I wont be Sky+ ing it though.

the mindlessness is precisely what makes it entertaining

had a pig been squashed by that fire extinguisher it would've been more entertaining still

realtime anarchy - news at its most exciting

mindless violence or cheryl whore weeping for the xth time - know which kinda telly I prefer

My favourite bit was the fella giving it the "who are ya, who are ya" whilst kicking in a window before said window then came down on him and he shat it, almost looked like he was about to cry....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

more riots on the telly please
:lol:

I think you're all a bunch of whiners. (with 'you' as a kind of collective UK society reference)

I finished uni with something like $20,000 in debt... and that was after my parents paying a third of my fees and me getting a third in grants. I paid it off over a decade despite only earning in the $20-26k/year range for the first 4 years.

Admittedly, it was a pricey private university but even our state schools cost upwards of $10k/year nowadays.

Not going to university was never even a thought for me. Surely, a middle class thing in some ways. I was never happy there until my last year and a half, and my grades generally sucked. But I'm thankful for the experience and the way it influenced the way I think.

I know you all are used to the nanny state, but education is always worth it in the long run. If you want it cheap, then volunteer to have your taxes raised... again!

I say lock these riot kids up until their parents come down with their leather belts and give them a good hiding :twisted:

:lol:

I think you're all a bunch of whiners. (with 'you' as a kind of collective UK society reference)

I finished uni with something like $20,000 in debt... and that was after my parents paying a third of my fees and me getting a third in grants. I paid it off over a decade despite only earning in the $20-26k/year range for the first 4 years.

Admittedly, it was a pricey private university but even our state schools cost upwards of $10k/year nowadays.

Not going to university was never even a thought for me. Surely, a middle class thing in some ways. I was never happy there until my last year and a half, and my grades generally sucked. But I'm thankful for the experience and the way it influenced the way I think.

I know you all are used to the nanny state, but education is always worth it in the long run. If you want it cheap, then volunteer to have your taxes raised... again!

I say lock these riot kids up until their parents come down with their leather belts and give them a good hiding :twisted:

dcameron_thumbsup.jpg

Back