Pyramid @ AMNESIA 2022 - Reviews & Reports

ohmygod

Lilly Palmer and KiNK looked like they absolutely NAILED it at Pyramid last night looking at the night’s Insta Stories. I’m not going till the closing post on Oct 9th. FML.

Pyramid last night was one of the best nights I think I’ve ever been to. We got there early to have a look at the 3rd dimension in action, really great to have a dance in the day at Amnesia and Hector Couto really warmed us up perfectly. The highlight of the night was KINK though…. My god it was unbelievable. Smile glued to my face the whole time.

Pyramid last night was one of the best nights I think I’ve ever been to. We got there early to have a look at the 3rd dimension in action, really great to have a dance in the day at Amnesia and Hector Couto really warmed us up perfectly. The highlight of the night was KINK though…. My god it was unbelievable. Smile glued to my face the whole time.

Wow this is a big statement. Sounds amazing! That good? I mean KiNK is an absolute class act isn't he?

KiNK, Four Tet, Beyer and Lilly all played great sets. I had a great time. Suffering big time today

Wow this is a big statement. Sounds amazing! That good? I mean KiNK is an absolute class act isn't he?
Yeah it really was that good, for me anyway. It think it was the perfect mixture of everything last night, music, crowd, business/ room to dance. My only wish was to be able to stay until the end but my poor legs have out after getting there early at 20:00.

Was my first time seeing KINK live, but I’ll be watching out for him on lineups in the future for sure.

Anyone catch Villalobos? Suspect lack of videos from Amnesia and Pyramid there and with his previous…. 🤣

Excellent night! Unfortunately missed most of KiNK's set, but Four Tet was fantastic, and Villalobos was fun (dropped some classics, good to hear Gypsy Woman!) Top production values too. Had to leave just before 6, what time did it finish?

Last edited:
Was nice meeting you Life of Rye and freakstar

I have met a good handful of you guys over the last two weeks and exchanged some kind words. Great to meet you and during good vibes!

I want to do a proper report of my two weeks but just want to say that Pyramid was unreal.

Lilly Palmers 2hr set was quite possibly one of if not the best live set I have ever experienced and this is saying something considering the music completely cut out due to a tech fault right in the peak!! But this did not put her off her stride she managed to come back from that and still deliver one rollercoaster ride of hopes and dreams. Her track choice was dynamic I can honestly say each track sounded so different to the next. The sound in the main room was perfect you could pick out all the detail which given what she was playing was so important and then the system punched when the time was right. The lights in the ceiling dropping down and retracting just added to how wonky it got in there. The crowd were just going wild for it too I ended up having to get some fresh air afterwards because I was sweating so much!.

We returned for Adam Beyer which was a bit more dark and hard hitting. Also the ice cannon fired at times which I needed so badly!!

Villalobos in the Terrace at 0430 was a bit of a weird atmosphere. Quite the contrast muscly going from the main which is a good thing but when your amped up its hard to go so chill. His set didn't do it for me and the terrace was also half full and just a little too chill. We called it at night at 0500

Pyramid is also a LGBT night for sure though I don't believe it is advertised as such. A lot of gay guys there and then there were performers on the stage in full on bondage.

I have met a good handful of you guys over the last two weeks and exchanged some kind words. Great to meet you and during good vibes!

I want to do a proper report of my two weeks but just want to say that Pyramid was unreal.

Lilly Palmers 2hr set was quite possibly one of if not the best live set I have ever experienced and this is saying something considering the music completely cut out due to a tech fault right in the peak!! But this did not put her off her stride she managed to come back from that and still deliver one rollercoaster ride of hopes and dreams. Her track choice was dynamic I can honestly say each track sounded so different to the next. The sound in the main room was perfect you could pick out all the detail which given what she was playing was so important and then the system punched when the time was right. The lights in the ceiling dropping down and retracting just added to how wonky it got in there. The crowd were just going wild for it too I ended up having to get some fresh air afterwards because I was sweating so much!.

We returned for Adam Beyer which was a bit more dark and hard hitting. Also the ice cannon fired at times which I needed so badly!!

Villalobos in the Terrace at 0430 was a bit of a weird atmosphere. Quite the contrast muscly going from the main which is a good thing but when your amped up its hard to go so chill. His set didn't do it for me and the terrace was also half full and just a little too chill. We called it at night at 0500

Pyramid is also a LGBT night for sure though I don't believe it is advertised as such. A lot of gay guys there and then there were performers on the stage in full on bondage.
Lilly Palmer on the Essential mix a couple of weeks back https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0017c1c I had not heard her before but absolutely storming set. Straight in, banging from start to finish

I mean it is Ibiza Pride Week 10-18 June, so that might be it. Also, there is a massive following for this type of music in that scene, and now less and less nights that cater for it with no Cocoon as a night, or Space (for example).

Speaking for myself, Space (not being nostalgic, just pointing out a fact) and Amnesia have always had a massive following in the community based on many of the nights that were there in the past - Matinee / La Troya Etc, but Cocoon was a very open party and had a massive following in that scene too - so I suppose now they going to Pyramid.

For that reason I also think He.She.They on the few Fridays they have could turn into the surprise of the season.... time will tell

Back