Prog/Trance faves??

grego said:
agreed. as discussed earleir on this thread, i loved the 97-01/02 GU period. some absolute belters in there...............:D :D
including, and i reiterate for the billionth time, the bible that is GU13.8) 8) 8)

B00004WH0H.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1116108759_.jpg

Schiller - Ruhe
Xpander!!!!! 8)

jj - the thread lives...........

humate 3.2
saints and sinners - pushin too hard (futureshock)
humate love stimulation
origin wide eyed angel (again)
depeche mode i feel loved (DT)
bt embracing the sunshine (sasha)
morgan king - i'm free WOWW!
amoeba assasin rollercoaster (oakey)
k-lab in the lab
der dritte raum - hale bopp
classified project - resurrection
leftfield - not forgotten
creamer and stephane K's mix of rapture before it became a chart hit
fsol - png (satoshi tomiie new path mix - awesome!)
rabbit in the moon - out of body experience
alcatraz - give me luv
3 drives on vinyl - greece 2000
bt - flaming june!! wow some more, don't make em like that anymore.......
age of love - age of love

alcatraz - give me luv is a wicked tune but it's not really prog or trance, imo

I basically loved prog in the mid 90s - basically anything off guerilla and the early sasha/dig collabs

alcatraz - give me luv is a wicked tune but it's not really prog or trance, imo

I basically loved prog in the mid 90s - basically anything off guerilla and the early sasha/dig collabs

agree, not at all, but the thread after 1 or 2 post quickly descended it a memorial to what sasha sets used to sound like. he was still playing give me luv at times at the end of 90s.

I liked early sasha when he mixed the music up - would kill to have experienced Shellys and his rave period

the problem for me developed later on - by part 3 of the northern exposure series in the late 90s the whole prog sound produced by peeps like BT had just got so formulaic and boring, 13mins swooshes where you would barely hear a beat

it all seemed very remote from the chicago roots, which is why I got bored of it all - it all seemed to go hand in hand with the branded superclubs, which are just everything I dislike - sterile, corporate, soulless

I think Sasha also suffered from being ridiculously hyped by the dance press and is unwittingly the reason for the whole myth of superstar DJs - which it's taken nearly 15 years to get over - although some people on this forum and in Ibiza still clearly buy into that whole circus.

In Sasha's defence tho, I saw him at fabric room 2 a few years back and I remember he played the skylark mix of kylie's I believe in you and the roof went off - he still knows how to manipulate the crowd and my jaded old ears aren't that impressed by much these days ;)

ahaaa!!

bloody coincidentally I was listening to Avalon this morning in the gym!!

here goes:

billy rae martin - honey (deep dish mix)
Dusted - always remember to respect & honour your mother
schiller - Ruhe
luzon - the bagguio track
breeder - tyrantanic
stage one - space manouvres
jaydee - plastic dreams
d-ream - you are the best thing (sasha mix)
underworld - sky scraper I love you
chakra - I am
2 bad mice - bombscare
emf - theyre here
disco evangelists - deniro

I really hate Trance music - can't see the point!! :confused:

:rolleyes: why post in here then???:rolleyes:

awesome old prog =

* underworld - dark & long
* variations of a theme - variations of a theme
* fuzzy logic - obsession
* drum club - sound system
* humate - east
* keoki - caterpillar (rabbit in the moonage remix)
* lucky monkeys - bjango (bjangin mix)
* way out west - ajare
* disco citizens - footprints
( i could go on & on & on but i wont....);)

as for trance, well.....

* union jack - two full moons & a trout
* salamander - tempest (union jack remix :twisted: friggin' BOMB!!)
* humate - 3.1.98 (bedrock mix)
* quietman - sleeper (man with no name remix)
(i could go on & on & on but i wont.....) ;)

i miss this music.....:evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
including, and i reiterate for the billionth time, the bible that is GU13.8) 8) 8)

the bible for the GU comps is sasha's san fran one IMO....
but the holiest of the holy prog/trance bible MUST go to:

NORTHERN EXPOSURE 2......!

that is all......:arrow::lol:

I liked early sasha when he mixed the music up - would kill to have experienced Shellys and his rave period

the problem for me developed later on - by part 3 of the northern exposure series in the late 90s the whole prog sound produced by peeps like BT had just got so formulaic and boring, 13mins swooshes where you would barely hear a beat

it all seemed very remote from the chicago roots, which is why I got bored of it all - it all seemed to go hand in hand with the branded superclubs, which are just everything I dislike - sterile, corporate, soulless

I think Sasha also suffered from being ridiculously hyped by the dance press and is unwittingly the reason for the whole myth of superstar DJs - which it's taken nearly 15 years to get over - although some people on this forum and in Ibiza still clearly buy into that whole circus.

In Sasha's defence tho, I saw him at fabric room 2 a few years back and I remember he played the skylark mix of kylie's I believe in you and the roof went off - he still knows how to manipulate the crowd and my jaded old ears aren't that impressed by much these days ;)

SSSSHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhushhhhhhhhhhhh you! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I pretty much like any of Cosmic Gate's more trancey stuff like The Wave, Back to Earth or Mental Atmosphere. Their remixes of Age of Love, Urban Train and Amun (the original mix of Amun by Beam is one of my favourite ever tracks) are superb.
You can find some good modern prog/psy crossover mixes here:
http://www.toadstool.mixthemix.dj/

Some great tunes posted on here, haven't thought about some of those for a few years and has got me digging a few CD's out to listen to in the car. LSG - Netherworld is a gorgeous piece of music, Oliver Lieb produced some great stuff under this alias and also Paragliders.

The mixes I have dug out are Renaissance Ibiza - Deep Dish (great memories of Deep Dish at Renaissance after Kylie(!) if I am not going completely mad), GU Athens - Tenaglia and Renaissance Singapore - Dave Seaman mix. Dollshead - It's Over is a particular fave from that time and Sven Vath - Barbarella (Deep Dish Mix).

The proggy stuff seems to have aged very well on the whole.

Jaco - 'Show Some Love'

Trisco - 'Musak'

O.R.N - 'Snow'

Fluke - 'Electric Guitar'

Castle Trancelott - 'The Gloom'

Nikola Gala - 'Swing To Harmony'

Frank De Wulf - 'The Tape' (Remix)

Ritmo Rivals - 'Believe Me'

Chable & Bonnici - 'Ride'

Back