Prog/Trance faves??

jjinit said:
it was around march 2001, hope it wasnt me? :lol:

re your last comment
i think what has happened, is that I still like the music that we called "trance" but it has degenerated into sh*te, that i/we hate, and djs like diggers, sasha et al are now doing more proggy stuff and we've follwed them?? I think there was always a fine line between prog & trance, in the early 90's listening to pete tong he would label the likes of bedrock, havanah, disco evangelists, schiller, sunscreem, fluke et al as "progessive" so......where do we draw the line??

I know what your saying though ;)

no in fact it was march 2001, it was sometime during my first year at uni, just couldn't remember when, but would make sense.

no......the music we called trance is the same its us that have changed and now its somethin i feel i'm not into anymore. basically, its just that some of the tunes (loads infact during the mid 90 period) were ones i liked at the time and of course still like now. the same way i like some random cheesy tunes if they have a specific memory associated with them.

yeah - i do know exactly what your saying though, shall we leave it here cos its a nightmare to try and describe the exact circumstances/defintions of us liking trance/prog/whatever.

btw j - "come on stevie baby, oh stevie" - laugh if it was you!!! :lol: :lol:

jj - got some cds out over the wknd.............so for some more trancey 'but still memorable' tracks i got the following from the original trance nation cd of all selections.

sasha and maria - be as one
bt - loving you more
also bt - mercury and solace (on sasha ibiza 13)
underworld - dark and long (oakey courtyard classic)
origin - wide eyed angel
age of love - age of love (the tops!)
offshore - chicane (brings a tear to my eye - balearic bliss :D :D )

not really trance but papua new guinea by FSOL - sasha played it at millenium at cream at liverpool pier head (satoshi's mixes c.2001 were the sound of space ibiza that year as well)

happy memories j :lol: :lol: :) :)

Mindcircus - Way out west
Be as one - The Rock
Carrier - David West
Wish you were here - John Creamer & Stephan K
Perfect motion - Sunscreem
Cowgirl - Underworld

grego said:
jj - got some cds out over the wknd.............so for some more trancey 'but still memorable' tracks i got the following from the original trance nation cd of all selections.

sasha and maria - be as one
bt - loving you more
also bt - mercury and solace (on sasha ibiza 13)
underworld - dark and long (oakey courtyard classic)
origin - wide eyed angel
age of love - age of love (the tops!)
offshore - chicane (brings a tear to my eye - balearic bliss :D :D )

not really trance but papua new guinea by FSOL - sasha played it at millenium at cream at liverpool pier head (satoshi's mixes c.2001 were the sound of space ibiza that year as well)

happy memories j :lol: :lol: :) :)

jeez!! now we're going back :p

I got really into BT, have got (somewhere) a special double cd of "ima" with a special sasha mix on tghe 2nd cd, also got "escm" which has "remember me" on it.....beautiful!!! :p

re chicane, always remember "saltwater" at homelands 2000 what a moment!! :D
and a version of "the fall" by wow that sasha played....ooof!!!

Oakies resident CD was good but its more of a Now Thats What I Call The Courtyard mix

However

GLOBAL UNDERGROUND: NEW YORK

That is an absolutely tremendous mix cd

macdonsj said:
Oakies resident CD was good but its more of a Now Thats What I Call The Courtyard mix

However

hmm.........have to agree :D

also like oslo, am almost disappointed when the little d&b sequence of cd1 comes to a close, however.......it's ashortlived disappointment as you realise that it's cut short by "set in stone" by Bedrock :eek: :D crumbs!!!!

jjinit said:
macdonsj said:

However

hmm.........have to agree :D

also like oslo, am almost disappointed when the little d&b sequence of cd1 comes to a close, however.......it's ashortlived disappointment as you realise that it's cut short by "set in stone" by Bedrock :eek: :D crumbs!!!!

thought oakey's oslo was supreme...........especially as u say jj, the drum and bass on the first cd is excellent.

i thought new york was crap in comparison............the cream resident cd is full of more well known/almost commercial tracks, but that represented the sound of the courtyard (and as a season ticket holder it holds good memories) :D

jjinit said:
off thread a bit here.........can anyone reccomend a good proggy compilation out at the mo??

bit out of touch with it all j, to be honest. last one i got (well was given) was sasha's fundacion NYC, which is slowing growing into something ok but its got a long way to go to be up there with the best of them.

hasn't sander got something out at the mo??

grego said:
jjinit said:
off thread a bit here.........can anyone reccomend a good proggy compilation out at the mo??

bit out of touch with it all j, to be honest. last one i got (well was given) was sasha's fundacion NYC, which is slowing growing into something ok but its got a long way to go to be up there with the best of them.

hasn't sander got something out at the mo??

bit like meself, bought fundacion expecting something anmazing and was a tad disappointed.......it's good and getting better but not brilliant, i prefered involver i think, the latest "layered sounds" is good though, well worth a listen, will have a mooch later I think in the cd shops nearby.

the last thing i bought which made me go :eek: was james lavelle, barcelona cd1

remember this thread jason:lol: ;) 8)

Origin - Wide Eyed Angel

peak breakdown moment that was reverberating around my house over the wknd8)

grego said:
remember this thread jason:lol: ;) 8)

Origin - Wide Eyed Angel

peak breakdown moment that was reverberating around my house over the wknd8)

nice!!!

I had gu13 on whilst cleaning...cd2 :) many peaks!!

have you heard "transitions" yet?

jjinit said:
nice!!!

I had gu13 on whilst cleaning...cd2 :) many peaks!!

have you heard "transitions" yet?

yeah i know that one........before you know it, you've been cleaning for a couple of hours :eek: :oops: :lol:

had a preview listen to transitions..........ambivalent really, doubt i'll get it:confused:

grego said:
yeah i know that one........before you know it, you've been cleaning for a couple of hours :eek: :oops: :lol:

had a preview listen to transitions..........ambivalent really, doubt i'll get it:confused:

ambivalent?

is that a bit like "ambient" :lol:

here we go again............;)

celeda - be yourself
DT - elements
Schiller - Das Glockenspiel (Humate Remix) - very very very trancey:oops: 8)

GU John Digweed - Sydney

best prog/trance mix I have heard, it is from about 2000 so you will be able to pick it up cheap

lynch said:
GU John Digweed - Sydney

best prog/trance mix I have heard, it is from about 2000 so you will be able to pick it up cheap

agreed. as discussed earleir on this thread, i loved the 97-01/02 GU period. some absolute belters in there...............:D :D
including, and i reiterate for the billionth time, the bible that is GU13.8) 8) 8)

Back