Prog/Trance faves??

grego said:
jjinit said:
i was listening to the 1st rennaissance cd last night on the way home, it's crammed with belters

Bedrock - for what you dream of
Fluke - slide
Disco evangelists - de-niro

but the version of emf - theyre here still gets the pulse racing, even though it borders on cheese :oops:

the first cd is the best i think.........the one with perfect motion and the junior own mix of love & happiness by river ocean, and then that bladerunner/inner city mash up.

proper proper peak time pulsating belters. :D :D :D

is that the one that ended with "house stompin"??

jjinit said:
grego said:
jjinit said:
i was listening to the 1st rennaissance cd last night on the way home, it's crammed with belters

Bedrock - for what you dream of
Fluke - slide
Disco evangelists - de-niro

but the version of emf - theyre here still gets the pulse racing, even though it borders on cheese :oops:

the first cd is the best i think.........the one with perfect motion and the junior own mix of love & happiness by river ocean, and then that bladerunner/inner city mash up.

proper proper peak time pulsating belters. :D :D :D

is that the one that ended with "house stompin"??

yeah......house stompin sounds a little outdated on its own but heard on the back of that whole cd it just slots in perfectly.

i love the way that with that cd......even though u know its 10 years old, it still sounds fresh but not totally modern.........just a really good timecapsuled piece that perfectly represents that whole sound/vibe

thought of another prog classic (bit more eclectic this time)

sander's nu breed album.

tracks
- story of the heaviest bassline ever
- banco de gaia - obsidian (class)
- Innocente - Delerium

mambobirdette said:
grego said:
and yeah mambs.........they do talk to me or more precisely, they threaten me and tell me to keep away from their space otherwise they'll just swoop and get me. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Crazy in the coconut :lol: :lol:

livin la vida loca mambs :lol: :lol: :lol:

grego said:

sander's nu breed album.

tracks
- Innocente - Delerium

not heard it, have got the lawler nu breed stuff......ooooofff!!! :confused:

was listening to lights out 2 this morning.....filthy!!!!

grego said:
jessyg123 said:
I really hate Trance music - can't see the point!! :confused:

i do now....its sh*t, but prog still rocks (!).

prog still absolutely rocks, love the stuff. I hope there's a bedrock tent at global gathering again next year 8)

jjinit said:
grego said:

sander's nu breed album.

tracks
- Innocente - Delerium

I'm not a fan of the lights out albums, they're pretty dull imo. Funny, cos lawler rocks live.

naddyz said:
jjinit said:

I'm not a fan of the lights out albums, they're pretty dull imo. Funny, cos lawler rocks live.

agree with naddyz, didn't really see how the lights out lawler albums represented his live performances. shame really cos he thumps live.

jessyg123 said:

we're talkin about "trance" in it's former life before it was "re-invented" by judge jules & dave pearce and flogged to the masses!!!

prob now better known as prog??

right guys??

grego said:
naddyz said:
jjinit said:

agree with naddyz, didn't really see how the lights out lawler albums represented his live performances. shame really cos he thumps live.

yeah man, but agree to disagree, i DO like the lights out stuff, but yes, he is awesome live..saw him at "passion" once, in the back room for an essential mix allnighter.....he rocked, I think it was wasted on a lot of the "passion" crowd, but "we" knew!!!!

"music, music, music, music" ;)

(have seen him since btw)

jjinit said:
jessyg123 said:

we're talkin about "trance" in it's former life before it was "re-invented" by judge jules & dave pearce and flogged to the masses!!!

prob now better known as prog??

right guys??

agree jj...........it all kinda depends when you were into it and although i don't like that style of music now, i really did then and so have tons of good memories dancing all night to trance music, for example my trance days (as it was then) were c. 96-98.

prog has always been there and i don't think the trance i liked has become prog, as you say jj,..........i think its just i like prog now but don't like trance anymore.

jjinit said:
saw him at "passion" once, in the back room for an essential mix allnighter.....he rocked, I think it was wasted on a lot of the "passion" crowd, but "we" knew!!!!

was that in 2000, i've actually got that tape somewhere.....really good mix. always remember at the start of the tape there is some guy going

"come on stevie baby, oh stevie", i used to always think he was a tit whenever i heard.

Not u j, is it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

grego said:
jjinit said:
saw him at "passion" once, in the back room for an essential mix allnighter.....he rocked, I think it was wasted on a lot of the "passion" crowd, but "we" knew!!!!

was that in 2000, i've actually got that tape somewhere.....really good mix. always remember at the start of the tape there is some guy going

"come on stevie baby, oh stevie", i used to always think he was a tit whenever i heard.

Not u j, is it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

it was around march 2001, hope it wasnt me? :lol:

re your last comment
i think what has happened, is that I still like the music that we called "trance" but it has degenerated into shite, that i/we hate, and djs like diggers, sasha et al are now doing more proggy stuff and we've follwed them?? I think there was always a fine line between prog & trance, in the early 90's listening to pete tong he would label the likes of bedrock, havanah, disco evangelists, schiller, sunscreem, fluke et al as "progessive" so......where do we draw the line??

I know what your saying though ;)

Back