Printworks London

After seeing the layout posted....I sort of wish I was going now

It is a huge space though for 2500 people (Licenced for 5000)....Will it feel too empty or will it be the perfect amount of people for a damn good night

After seeing the layout posted....I sort of wish I was going now

It is a huge space though for 2500 people (Licenced for 5000)....Will it feel too empty or will it be the perfect amount of people for a damn good night

Shouldn't feel empty whatsoever mate, they're only opening the press halls and a small room just off of that, so i reckon it will be quite packed out, i came across this on a pdf brochure i downloaded from there site, getting me so excited!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 11.23.15.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 11.23.15.png
    200 KB · Views: 15
Sure yeah I see that the 2nd room is small

But did you see the picture of the guy standing in the middle of the main press room? That is one large space!
I am not complaining as you don't want it rammed as it makes it a far better night

If it was ran by WHP they would have maxed it out with 5000 people and used a budget sound system to make as much money as possible

You will have to let me know how you get on as I am tempted to go to one of their events but I was annoyed at the cock up on release of tickets for the opening then just played total ignorance and didn't apologise

Sure yeah I see that the 2nd room is small

But did you see the picture of the guy standing in the middle of the main press room? That is one large space!
I am not complaining as you don't want it rammed as it makes it a far better night

If it was ran by WHP they would have maxed it out with 5000 people and used a budget sound system to make as much money as possible

You will have to let me know how you get on as I am tempted to go to one of their events but I was annoyed at the cock up on release of tickets for the opening then just played total ignorance and didn't apologise

Yeah it does look huge and from that screenshot the dimensions of that room are far bigger than any other room!

I believe that these events will be a test run to see if it works and to see how many punters it pulls in, then later on in the year hopefully they announce an event similar to WHP where the open up all the spaces, now that would be worth going too!

Will be sure to post in here after my visit on saturday mate, and yeah the tickets for opening annoyed me too, was ready to buy them on the dot and when i finally got through to the site i just scraped getting me and my girlfriend 3rd release ones!

You were lucky bud

I bet Klockworks will sell out in minutes

Enjoy!

Really hoping Klockworks will be more than just the press halls! it hasn't been announced yet so have a sly feeling they may include a few more spaces!

Will come back here monday and let you all know how it went :)

Really hoping Klockworks will be more than just the press halls! it hasn't been announced yet so have a sly feeling they may include a few more spaces!

Will come back here monday and let you all know how it went :)

I have registered for it as wouldn't mind doing that for the big 30!

It seemed like a pretty cool space when it was being used for the Secret Cinema Empire Strikes Back event a couple summers ago.

At the time I wondered if anything more was going to become of the place after that ended, and seems worth checking out some show there.

Managed to get 2 tickets to this sat. pretty excited to see this new venue. Dont have much hope though

Why not much hope? can imagine the day will be very similar to a day at tobacco docks but hey ho, a new venue in london, can't complain!

Why not much hope? can imagine the day will be very similar to a day at tobacco docks but hey ho, a new venue in london, can't complain!

Thats the problem, really do not like how docks is run. And printworks is using tokens etc. urgh

Last edited:
Thats the problem, really do not like how docks is run. And printworks is using tokens etc. urgh

I get why they do it - most big events I've been to have been token based.
Easier for the bar staff (You do get served ALOT quicker, but you do have to queue twice).

Sorry if it's been mentioned.... anyone know what sound system they're using here?

LWE have been using K1 last few events at Tobacco Dock that's sweet.
I'd hope they've also used it at Printworks.

What was the venue like those that went yesterday?

I got goosebumps watching the RA footage of Troxler closing printworks with, The Streets - Weak Become Heroes.

Very relevant lyrics to alot of people involved in the scene and an absolute anthem.

Back