Please confirm if ANY Ibiza clubs have a zero tolerance on phones being used to film or take photos.

PS I have just added some images to this post.
ALSO if anyone reading this post is aware of any UK clubs (with exception of those listed below) that do have a 'Berghain' policy on phones please share details of the venue.
Cobalt Studio Ouseburn Newcastle
Fabric London (to be confirmed by personal observation)
Fold Canning Town London
Phonox Brixton London
The Box Soho London
Pretty sure your incident was discussed on these very pages at the time … search for the Fabric thread … fully agree by the way would love less phone action but not sure Ibiza is likely to be so accommodating

There's no chance Ibiza clubs will ban people videoing or taking pictures inside, it's just become part of life now unfortunately. I managed to smuggle a digital camera into Manumission about 25 years ago but then got so mangled i couldn't remember how to use it :)

It used to be a thing in Ibiza pre camera phone. Any cameras and the security were either shining torch’s at it or came over. But with phones became impossible.

I was at Fabric that event, shame what happened

Its mad to think that even 10 years ago I got stopped from taking a digital camera into Amnesia and had to stick it in a locker, and mobile data on the island was patchy so you'd post your photos in one Facebook dump back home...different world to now

Its a difficult thing to ban as a lot of people pay for stuff with their phone and need it to get a cab afterwards, so wont want to leave phones at home/hotel and providing lockers for thousands of clubbers to store them in isnt easy, and no doubt a lot of people who are spaced out would be like 'what number was my locker? 🙃' at the end of the night

FNjz0v3XIAIzLvx

But, as per @TiffyBennett1, not enforced. No stickers on cameras or any of that jazz

Hi Sassette thank you for the feedback. Well apart from Pike it seems no other venues in Ibiza have a Berghain policy on phones. So I will now enlighten my cousin who lives on the island.

Having visited Berlin for the first time this year, the no photography/video policy is absolutely the way forward for clubbing. It feels like the whole room is just there for there for the music. A much better experience and I loved it. How it could be implemented in Ibiza is another story
Well you are preaching to the converted! I have also been to phone free Berghain and Kit Kat.

We’re cyborgs now, majority are attached to their phones and can’t live without them. Banning taking cameras into clubs wouldn’t work now, as everyone has a HD camera and camcorder in their pocket. I’ve no idea why people spend the whole night filming, I’m fine with the odd group photo.
I beg to differ on your doubts Berghain and Kit Kat two clubs that I visited in Berlin have zero tolerance on phones and the ban is 100% effective. I understand virtually all clubs in the city have the same policy. So if Berlin can do it why can’t Ibiza AND all UK club venues (five excepted they have the ban) go the same?

Someone else here has confirmed that Pikes do enforce the ban so lol what is the reality?
Not sure who has confirmed it to you but I can guarantee that they do not enforce it. I have seen someone be stopped because they've got their stupid flash on but that's it.

Stealing the idea from another thread but if Sankeys/Octan reopened with an underground feel and a no cameras policy that may give it a niche and its a smaller venue so easier to search for phones on entry.

Back