Please confirm if ANY Ibiza clubs have a zero tolerance on phones being used to film or take photos.

Thunderblue888

Apart from a day trip to your beautiful island which I spent all of 11 euros on a bottle of vino at a gay beach bar, I am still at 64 years young an Ibiza virgin.
Anyway last December back in the UK London I was trolled by a faceless hologram the video was then shared on twitter and created a sh1t storm (for more https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d388a/stop-filming-people-in-clubs-without-consent or google vice magazine filming in clubs
also check out sacha_lord on insta - I am Thunderblue888 on insta).
Team Fabric have offered terrific support & as a consequence of happened has recently gone more ‘Berghain’ on using phones.
I am now trying to create a PANDEMIC - to shame ALL UK Clubs to go zero tolerance on using phones for filming or taking photos. Support is growing.
Anyway recently my cousin that lives on the island shared this with me: ‘after the incident with your video the ban on cameras in clubs has spread to Ibiza so is going global.’
If this is the reality then terrific. However doing my own research I have not been able to find any media reports on any clubs imposing a ban.
I am now suspecting this could merely be Chinese whispers as if this was the reality this would have significant media coverage.
So if anyone can confirm what the reality is I would be grateful.
FYI If you seek any UK clubs with zero tolerance on phones at present it is a mere handful.
Cobalt Studio Ouseburn Newcastle
Fabric London (to be confirmed by personal observation)
Fold Canning Town London
Phonox Brixton London
The Box Soho London
The Sound System EventsTR4b.jpgTR2.jpgTR1.jpgTR3.jpgTR4.jpgTR5.jpgTR6.jpgTR7.jpgTR8.jpg

Last edited:
Hello!Does it means that we can't take a picture inside the clubs? Or the ban is only regarding to videos? Thank you

Hello!Does it means that we can't take a picture inside the clubs? Or the ban is only regarding to videos? Thank you
As yet I have not seen media reports of any Ibiza clubs imposing a ban on using phones to film or take photos.
I am only going by what my cousin in Ibiza has shared.
Vice magazine have requested a follow up interview if any clubs in Ibiza as a result of me being trolled at Fabric in London last December have gone zero tolerance on phones then I would share this information during the interview.
However I need clear evidence.

Thank you! Seems Pikes Hotel which has club events might be the only venue on the island that has done a ‘Berghain.’
FNjz0v3XIAIzLvx

But, as per @TiffyBennett1, not enforced. No stickers on cameras or any of that jazz

We’re cyborgs now, majority are attached to their phones and can’t live without them. Banning taking cameras into clubs wouldn’t work now, as everyone has a HD camera and camcorder in their pocket. I’ve no idea why people spend the whole night filming, I’m fine with the odd group photo.

No easy solution because the determined will smuggle them in. if each party went back to commissioning professional photographers like they used to, that might help? Because those are the pix that really tell a story and capture the memories

Phones or no phones Micheal, I think with the correct choice of party in Ibiza (75% at a very rough estimate) you are unlikely to receive and bullying at the time or later online.

It was so refreshing when amnesia put stickers on our phones during the opening/closing weekend during the pandemic. Made for a much better experience for everyone

Having visited Berlin for the first time this year, the no photography/video policy is absolutely the way forward for clubbing. It feels like the whole room is just there for there for the music. A much better experience and I loved it. How it could be implemented in Ibiza is another story

PS I have just added some images to this post.
ALSO if anyone reading this post is aware of any UK clubs (with exception of those listed below) that do have a 'Berghain' policy on phones please share details of the venue.
Cobalt Studio Ouseburn Newcastle
Fabric London (to be confirmed by personal observation)
Fold Canning Town London
Phonox Brixton London
The Box Soho London

Back