Pirate Tower overlooking Es Vedra

I know. But I figured if I wrote the whole post using the word "one" in place of the word "you", it might have sounded mighty pretentious !

lol this is true. when i go back this year im gonna look for a hippy with $1000 camera and an ipod :spank:

Took one look at the hike and thought again probably ! But seriously, why would anyone leave a car unlockled with valuables in it anywhere ? I think people get wooed by the location and think it's safe but any remote area is prone to opportunistic thefts. There's a crusty in need of a bag behind every bush in Ibiza in Summer.

FFS I even caught a desperate-looking coke hag rifling through my car boot after dozing off in Space car park in the late morning a couple of years back. She was too mashed to put up a fight or make off with any more than the 5 Euros and a banana I gave her out of pity, but was my own fault for not activating the central locking.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I want to drive here this year. Can someone please mark on google maps or something the turning?

Thanks

Hire a bike then cycle down and hide your bike on the mountain somewhere as you go up to the tower to check out the sunset... nothing can possibly go wrong!!

Could always just bury the keys in the floor somewhere by the car kimagy. Remember you said 'I'm an expert at this' :D :D
Genuinely thought you were joking at that point, till I saw your serious face scouting for possible safe havens for said keys ha ha.
I f***ing love Ibiza.

Could always just bury the keys in the floor somewhere by the car kimagy. Remember you said 'I'm an expert at this' :D :D
Genuinely thought you were joking at that point, till I saw your serious face scouting for possible safe havens for said keys ha ha.
I f***ing love Ibiza.

I've jumped in the sea with hire car keys on me too many times to take any risks these days mate. Trying to get a tow truck arranged in the middle of nowhere when you've locked your phone in the glove compartment and the key won't open the door any more or is somewhere at the bottom of the bay tends to bring a great day crashing (smashing ?) down to earth with a thud ! You're OK in a group as someone can look after the blooming thing (hopefully !) but when you're solo these things can (and do) go disastrously wrong !

If you do bury your key or hide it somewhere then make sure you have all your orientation wits about you, no-one is overlooking you (pretend to take a p!ss or something) and preferably hide it somewhere well away from the car.

Burying your stuff is a trick I was taught by an American guy in Vieques (Puerto Rico) who told me that all car windows need to be left open or they'll be smashed when you get back and everything in the car nicked. So anything valuable has to come with you and when you go in the water never take stuff with you always bury it subtly somewhere you can find it again but hopefully no-one else will think to look. If you swim with valuables odds are you will lose them or they'll get water damaged due to failing dry pouches etc. I've followed his advice ever since :)

I wasn't pulling your leg mate, I was/am genuinely impressed by the serious nature in which you solve the problem :) was a little shocked you were being serious at the time mind. He he

The first time that guy showed me I was actually shocked because I trusted him with my passport and phone which got left buried in the sand on a massive long beach marked only with a pile of sand burrs in a place I'd never find them again as it all looked the same. We went snorkelling for 2 hours and had to come out of the water onto a different beach because the tide changed. It was in a zone which used to be a US naval base and we weren't supposed to be there anyway :eek:. I had a flight out off the island only a couple of hours after we came out of the water and was genuinely bricking it because by that stage everything looked the same to me !!

The guy managed to get me back to the original beach over land and found my stuff exactly where we left it - was dead impressed. Well, he was brought up there and knew every inch of the place. Was a real eye-opener and also that he was responsible enough to look after me and my stuff like that. He told me he'd been robbed and had disasters on the island so many times when he was younger that these tricks got worked out through a need to survive. We can learn so much from others especially when we feel vulnerable or out of our own comfort zone. It's just getting together with the right people to show the way !

Back