Pirate Tower overlooking Es Vedra

This might not help you, but I found it by accident this way.

As your driving in the direction toward Ibiza/Airport from Cala d'hort you will see a dirt road. You go down this road for a ways until you see some cars parked and then you just start walking up hill and toward the ocean. There wasn't a trail that I found so we walked over rocks and small vegitation....after a few minutes you will see the tower and just keep walking toward it.

When you get up to the tower if you look down the cliff on the left hand sign you will see the famous "Atlantis" beach...not really a beach since there isn't any sand. We went snorkling down there and got stung by a few jellyfish last summer. Ouch!!!

Hi i stayed at a villa right by the tower last year - beautiful views and very secluded.

The directors to the tower are as follows

From Cala DHort road drive up hill away from the beach towards Ibiza town.

There is a crossroads about half a mile where there are 2-3 large rubbish bins by a dirt track on the right.

Turn right here and go along the track. It goes past some houses and bends a few times. Just keep going stright all the way.

Kepp going past old caravan on your left. Just after here you will get to a junction where there is a villa in front with purple painted rock - at this point turn right. Follow the road a little more then turn left.

Keep going and you will eventually reach a clearing where you can park, this is right opposite Vedra.

The tower is on your right, you will be able to see it, and Im pretty sure there is even a signpost too!

Beautiful views and sometimes people come at sunset to park up and just enjoy.

this is simple to get to warren. to summarise some of the versions given already.

from cala d'hort drive away from the beach and take a right down a dirt track after 1km. keep going straight and stop when the road turns road, usually there are a few cars here. then keep walking straight along the path in the direction you were driving down it and you get to here:

AEXBB5.jpg

s'era des matret

the its just a case of keeping the tower in view in climbing towards it. i scampered up in a few mins. the hike up and back down is quite steep though, so it'd take a lot longer if you weren't keen on heights.

by the way, the first time you come out on top of the top level of el torre, it is such an exhilarating feeling, especially if nobody else is there with you.

in fact not just the first time but every time you do it. completely feel like you're on top of the world yet in such a tranquil place.

by the way, the first time you come out on top of the top level of el torre, it is such an exhilarating feeling, especially if nobody else is there with you.

in fact not just the first time but every time you do it. completely feel like you're on top of the world yet in such a tranquil place.

word grego. 8)

apparently there is a another website that has a hike to the pirate tower on a google map :) (you can also download the kml for google earth or the gpx for a pda)

you'll be taking a hike if you come on here again with your sniping about spotlight vis a vis your website.

I did this on Wednesday. Unforgetable experience. Do it !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone describe how to hike to Atlantis from the car park below the tower? I haven't been able to find it on a previous visit.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I was up there last week, and the lizards are so cheeky!

First they were climbing in our bags and on our feet and hands, then they started licking and head-butting me, and even having little bites of my finger.

They were so cute, this trip was the highlight of my holiday!

I was up there last week, and the lizards are so cheeky!

First they were climbing in our bags and on our feet and hands, then they started licking and head-butting me, and even having little bites of my finger.

They were so cute, this trip was the highlight of my holiday!

Sounds ace! 8)

Went up there back in September and just me and my mate on our own for over 30 mins. Totally unreal feeling and definitly worth the hike up and nearly falling down a cliff face ha. 100% recommend to anyone who visits the island!!

We went up there last week, a bit of a hike (as previously mentioned) but very satisfying. Makes you think of the effort in building it at the time. Fantastic.

Back