Pirate Tower overlooking Es Vedra

well yes but it's quite a hike!

Bring it on! How bad? Haha! Plan is to go to Cala D'Hort for the day, chill at beach maybe get food (please recommend any restaurants) then walk up to pirate tower for the sunset later on...if it is possible! Never been to that area before :(

it is doable. just walk up the main road for a main bit and then at some point you have to turn right and follow a dirt road. eventually you'll get to a place where people park their cars, follow the path to the cliff edge and then hike up to the tower.

as for restaurants in cala d'hort, there are only three. el carmen on the left (that one I like), restaurante cala d'hort in the middle and es boldado on the far right on the cliffs. es boldado is obviously very nice for views.

As you're descending into Cala d'Hort, you will see a dirt road (Camino) on your left just before a very sharp bend in the road You will be well up from the beach at this point. Sometimes this is signposted "Sa Ferradura" other times the signpost is taken down. You will know the turning immediately because the likelihood is you'll overshoot it the 1st time you look out for it, especially with the inevitable taxi driver 3mm from your rear bumper looking like the world is gonna end if you dare to slow down.

Turn in there and just keep driving until the end where you arrive at a dusty car park. Park up and take the lower path (ahead of you as you drive in slightly to the left). Keep walking and you'll arrive at the stone circles. From there you can see the pirate tower and just choose a path over the rocks until you arrive at it. You don't need Google maps and all navigation / compasses etc. go haywire in that area anyway.

:!: FYI, My car got robbed here last year. My friend lost his iPod and camera. Be VERY careful with your stuff if you decide to leave anything in the car while you park there. I spent about 4 hours going up to the tower and then chilled down at Atlantis/Sa Pedrera and when we came back the car doors were unlocked and stuff was missing.

when we came back the car doors were unlocked and stuff was missing.

Do you think that maybe you left the car open ? ;) Bound to get robbed in Ibiza if you do that .... wherever you leave it.

Also everything in the boot ALWAYS and never leave stuff on show. The window will get smashed if the car isn't unlocked.

i've heard various times before that this place where people leave their cars to go and see the tower isn't safe. so as kimajy said, don't leave anything in the car.

Wasnt me that left my shit in the car, i felt so bad but all i wanted to say is why would you leave a $1,000 camera in the car, and then hike down to atlantis/sa pedrera...wtf would you bring the camera for if youre not gonna use it there?

wtf would you bring the camera for if youre not gonna use it there?

Took one look at the hike and thought again probably ! But seriously, why would anyone leave a car unlockled with valuables in it anywhere ? I think people get wooed by the location and think it's safe but any remote area is prone to opportunistic thefts. There's a crusty in need of a bag behind every bush in Ibiza in Summer.

FFS I even caught a desperate-looking coke hag rifling through my car boot after dozing off in Space car park in the late morning a couple of years back. She was too mashed to put up a fight or make off with any more than the 5 Euros and a banana I gave her out of pity, but was my own fault for not activating the central locking.

Last edited:
This must be english-english terminology what the hell is a car boot? ive used all my critical thinking and context clue skills from 4th grade to try and figure it out...is it the trunk? that would be the obvious choice but also its always locked so that wouldnt make sense...

Lol. Yes, a car boot is the car trunk. And no, the trunk isn't always locked. If you leave a car open then the trunk is open too along with the doors. So the lesson is LOCK THE F***ING CAR when you go and that way your stuff is out of sight in the TRUNK, not tempting an attempted break-in because it's been left in the car within sight, and the car doors (and trunk) can't be opened either. Your camera will then most likely still be in the TRUNK when you return lol.

It ain;t difficult really. I've lived out of a car for 3-4 days at a time, leaving everything I own in it and going to all sorts of remote places and never been robbed or had my car broken into. A few simple common sense (if possible !) steps and it'll be someone else's car that gets done over.

Number of people I hear say that their car was open when they got back ... FFS, no-one has a master over-ride key for modern cars. If it's open when you get back YOU LEFT IT OPEN, easily done after a few days on the razzle, and you only (unfortunately) have yourself to blame for the consequences !!!!

Lol. Yes, a car boot is the car trunk. And no, the trunk isn't always locked. If you leave a car open then the trunk is open too along with the doors. So the lesson is LOCK THE F***ING CAR when you go and that way your stuff is out of sight in the TRUNK, not tempting an attempted break-in because it's been left in the car within sight, and the car doors (and trunk) can't be opened either. Your camera will then most likely still be in the TRUNK when you return lol.

It ain;t difficult really. I've lived out of a car for 3-4 days at a time, leaving everything I own in it and going to all sorts of remote places and never been robbed or had my car broken into. A few simple common sense (if possible !) steps and it'll be someone else's car that gets done over.

Number of people I hear say that their car was open when they got back ... FFS, no-one has a master over-ride key for modern cars. If it's open when you get back YOU LEFT IT OPEN, easily done after a few days on the razzle, and you only (unfortunately) have yourself to blame for the consequences !!!!

I wasnt driving and i didnt leave any of my shit in the car, you dont have to tell me lol

Back